Fear the Walking Dead (TV Series 2015– ) Poster

This show is my absolute favorite
tedster-983212 May 2021
Some people criticize that it's often the same story - that's what I love about this. I love the characters.
60 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great comeback!
tomfeddema16 November 2020
The second half of season 4 and season 5 weren't the best, but season 6 looks very promising! I was starting to give up with the show, but it's back and I'm starting to love it as I did before. Definitely worth watching again!
60 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 6 is amazing.
Mappers-Buckles10 January 2021
Wow. It's amazing to see how the writing and scripts evolved from season 5 to 6. Morgan was explosive at the start of season 6. It's amazing season 6 is reviving the show. Now Fear has managed to maintain a good streak. The most incredible parts influence how tense they managed to make the chapters with very good performances and incredible direction, the characters are no longer annoying and now they usually make good decisions normally, Season 6 is better than Seasons 7 and 8 of The Walking Dead. If you keep this up, you can even replace the main series when it's finished.

In my opinion it deserves an 8.4/10 because they managed to get out of a bottomless abyss. In summary: Season 6 is an 8.8/10, good development, good plot twists, good direction, good effects, good performance and the plot which implements is engaging, since the characters are mostly not annoying, but it has moments that are not memorable and are often simply boring. GOOD WORK :D.
76 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing comeback for Season 6!!
baloghviki052215 February 2021
If you are watching Season 5 currently and find it boring, please don't stop watching!! Season 6 might be the best season so far! I'd love to give it a 10 but there were some boring episodes in Season 4-5, but season 6 just entered the competition!
54 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
my opinion
Ahmedfadil0021 August 2020
A beautiful series .. The dramatic sense is strong in this series. Most of the characters touch the heart .. But I hope that they improve the series and reduce the boredom that filled the last season .. I hope that it is as strong as the strength of the original series .. I hope that they make an overlap between the two series
57 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its picking back up!
dlwhitehead19 April 2021
Ok I see a lot of hate and yea season 4 kinda was a drag but this latest season has dramatically picked up. Definitely has potential and if they keep going like this I hope for a season 7.
62 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Single handedly carrying the post-apoc zombie genre
marilynslimson1 May 2021
Let the haters hate. I admire the captivity of the post-apocalyptic world that TWD has set. Most of us were lost after season 7 when TWD had turned into this melodramatic soap opera. Come on guys... But I am glad that Fear TWD kept me down as a fan of the walking dead saga. Nick, Strand, Alycia are such fine actors and they shun in this show. Thankfully they played their characters with such conscience and meticulousness that it shows in their performances. So convincing, so believable and yet flawed at the same time. I just love the crew that they have built up now in season 5 and beyond. I will not name any names but thanks to everyone from the cast, crew, writing, art direction and the effects. Please keep it up. You have saved TWD saga and while that show has lost its charm due to dragging out stories and unnecessary side characters that didne possess an ounce of personality. You guys have kept it different, kept it fresh and impactful. I salute you all for your hard work.
67 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't give up!
cassandrairamm16 April 2021
This may seem to pale in comparison to the walking dead but get to season 4. It is amazing! John is 100 percent worth watching. Best character of any of the shows.
66 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seasons 1-3 are good, seasons 4-5 so-so, 6 is better than TWD 7-11
ilyagoryachev16 April 2021
Despite the deaths of significant characters, the show continues to be interesting, especially season 6.
68 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic
lislejacob11 October 2020
The walking dead was great, but honestly, for a spin off, which is very uncommon, Fear the Walking Dead is better than the original series. The Depth Character Development Diversity of Plot Fantastic
64 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A complete new show starting between seasons 4-5
greendesigner12 May 2021
Seasons 1-3 are trash, main characters are not like-able, poor story-telling, ridiculous plots.

Starting season 4 the show-runners start changing direction, by season 5 it's back to where it's supposed to be: Epic. Post-apocaliptic. Walking dead. Wonderment.

If you love The Walking Dead, this show starts shining in later seasons, be patient and give it a chance, it won't disappoint.
44 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A spin-off that takes to the start of the zombie apocalypse!
ahmetkozan10 April 2016
It's a real shame that most people rate shows on a "0 or 10" scale. Most of the complaining I hear about this show stem from people wanting it to be more like TWD. If you'd like to see something that is not TWD, but exists in the same universe--I think that's called a "spin-off"--then this show is that. Different places, different faces. Some of the characters make dumb choices, some are boring, and some are annoying. Viewers really seem to hate "realism" despite always screaming for it.

It's not perfect. I could gripe about the things I don't like, but they are minor when compared to the fact that I'm really enjoying watching how things progressed while Rick was in a coma. It offers nothing in the way of explaining the zombies (that's a good thing), but is showing really well how panic and mobs of humans actually paved the way for zombies to swoop right in and eat everyone.

If you want to enjoy this show, turn off your silly expectations about it being like TWD, and just watch while convincingly-real and flawed humans deal with a fast-moving crisis that no one seems to understand. It's easy for viewers to forget that these new characters don't have years of experience in the zombie world, so it just looks like some weird virus that makes people crazy and hard to kill. 7/10
286 out of 382 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow
brianm-4619727 May 2021
This show is absolutely gorgeous. I tried watching a few times but never got into it and then started again last week and stuck with it. Now on series 5 and its still amazing. Despite the premise its so full of hope and goodness and must just have found it at the right time.
21 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 5-6 changed my mind!
tomwoodland-9659926 May 2021
I previously reviewed this series with a 3 star as seasons 1-3 were pretty bad in my opinion but i'm so glad i kept watching as towards end of season 4 and seasons 5 & 6 have impressed me to the point of liking FTWD more than TWD completely.

My fav characters are Al, Morgan, Daniel but with all the characters i feel attached to when watching this show, good storylines like the helicopter and now a nuclear submarine has just turned FTWD around in seasons 5 and 6.

I look more forward to 1 episode of FTWD than 5 episodes of The talking dead sorry i mean The walking dead, interesting to see where they head with the season 6 final maybe some closure on the Al and. Isabelle as well as obviously does a nut nuke the world!

I feel like people compare FTWD to TWD far too much which is why people dislike it where as i prefer to think of them as their own series rather than just compare it to TWD 24.7, people should watch this show with an open mind because if you're one of these people who are a massive fan of TWD and go into watching FTWD just to sit comparing every little thing and cant accept change then don't bother.

Highly recommend people watch this especially seasons 5 & 6, watch those seasons then see if your mind changes! No good watching seasons 1-3 then turning it off like most people in reviews are doing...every show has bad seasons i can assure you TWD has had a few too!

Also, sadly every show has to kill off characters! You can't hate on a show because a character dies....you do know the people playing the characters are real people right? Like can move on to other shows/movies or other reasons? Seeing people in reviews saying they stopped watching because 1 character died makes me laugh....these are the same people who were massive fans of TWD and sucked it dry then Rick went out of it and you all bad reviewed and moaned! Characters die sadly thats just how it goes with tv shows and movies!

There seems to just be a hate mob of TWD fans who idk watch FTWD thinking its meant to be the same thing? Its like watching a movie and then moaning the 2nd one that came out isn't the same as the first! They're meant to be different! TWD fans just dislike and hate on FTWD without even watching it i mean 80% of reviews are talking about seasons 1 to 2.... FTWD is on season 6! I know this review will get dislikes by TWD fans but don't let that put you off watching this show as i can assure you as a massive TWD fan myself even i find FTWD better!
21 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
New show runners needed ASAP!!!
chrisccraig-7711818 August 2019
The whole "we're out to help people" is so so silly and boring!!!

So much of the dialogue is pure exposition that regurgitates the ridiculous "we're helping people" theme of this show.
246 out of 357 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just amazing!
bigmarcusc5 January 2019
Well, 7/10 overall is fine, but how in the blue hell can peole give this 1/10 and 2/10!?! Are you nuts!?!? I give this 9/10. I just saw the first season on Blu-ray and I had great expectations and they delivered it. Right now I am on season 2 and I still love it! This is and are going to be my favorite tv series right now! I can't wait for season 3 and 4. I heard the ratings are low hope they turns!
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show needs to be cancelled now!!!
safsurfer27 July 2019
OMG this show has gotten stupider and stupider. Stupid people doing stupid things. For christ sakes RUN, don't just stand there. Stop talking and start chopping. The characters are all a bunch of cry baby idiots that just stand in awe instead of being proactive. Plus they are constantly meddling in other peoples lives that always ends in disaster....for the other people. The moral of this story is just worry about yourselves and stay away from us.....we don't want to die like everyone you try to help. Plus we've already seen plenty of ways to beat the zombies, yet they always seem to forget them.....like just smear zombie blood all over yourselves and you can walk right through them.....gee I don't know, why dont they just do that when they need to get away. Plus why are the characters always falling down, tripping, twisting ankles.....turn and run you idiot.....it's like they have to invent new forms of idiocy every show to keep it going. It's over, done, just end it NOW.
186 out of 280 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad directing; worse writing
outpix22 July 2019
I have to agree with many reviewers here in that watching a group of incredibly stupid survivors of a zombie holocaust is torture. It's one bad storyline after another and the actors know it. There's very little for them to work with and subsequently the acting is subpar. Fire every writer and every director and start over; you can't do any worse.
160 out of 242 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm out
guenterfmang21 July 2019
This series has become a boring, meaningless, neverending trash movie. 5 stars because the first three seasons were good/ok
148 out of 225 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Different
AlexAnton-11 June 2021
Walking Dead started from scratch, which made the show runners develop their own techniques, and experience.

Both these techniques and experience, have made FTWD more complete, diverse and able to progress faster and catch up to TWD plot in only 5 seasons.

I see FTWD more entertaining because of all the answered questions all TWD fans ask themselves such as, where did the virus come from? How does it work? Are there any advanced/government groups? How did it start?
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Zombies The After School Special
sassypants434720 August 2019
I am not sure what happened to this show but it is officially safe for my 5 year old to watch now.
122 out of 199 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't watch anmore
rico187298 September 2019
I've tried to be a fan but it has become really hard to follow the rediculous plot. It's not enjoyable anymore. It is just something to watch until The Walking returns.
106 out of 175 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lucky they don't stab themselves in the head.
doug-0658429 May 2017
Late comer to the Walking Dead and love it so was looking forward to catching up with FTWD. Sat through the first two seasons and I still can't decide if it is meant to be a comedy. The characters are soooooooo stupid that it makes it painful to watch. I am actually cheering for the zombies to kill them.
182 out of 310 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A world were everyone is stupid!
gerryjun15 September 2015
The characters are unappealing, where everyone does not tell anyone what's going on or at-least try to share or explain what's happening, totally illogical interaction with people and family.

Its very painful to watch, as you wonder why do they not just try to share what they know and trust their family and people in general with what's happening around them.

Same with the government, community, and media. All are clueless and does not attempt to inform anyone else.

No originality, No character appeal, No logic, No excitement.

This review covers episodes 1 and 2, and so far it has been awful.
547 out of 975 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
never meant to hurt but this is really bad now.
HotDoggyBoomBooM3 September 2019
Im watching this show from start and i cant stop watching it but soon .. the episodes lately are so boring fight breaks out for a free bunch of candies and manuscript stealing villains ... WTF WTF WTF
101 out of 167 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.