Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic material and some sensuality.|
Sex & Nudity
- Only mild displays of affection (e.g. kissing and caressing) and mild sexual innuendos are featured.
- The film contains several scenes where the protagonist is depicted being intimate with his girlfriend as they kiss each other and lie in their bed together before or after implied love-making. They are partially clothed in these scenes.
- Nudity is not shown in any of these scenes.
Violence & Gore
- In one scene a boy is dragged out of a room and it is implied that he will be beaten for his behaviour. A disturbed child beats himself about his head when he is distressed. A child injures his head in a street accident. No blood is shown.
- Some minor insults but nothing big. There really isn't any bad language in this film.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A couple of friends are drinking beers.
- It is said that a character is taking drugs but never shown.
- A character says he's going for a smoke but it is not shown.
- In one scene a character is smoking a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The movie is very emotional and will be intense to many viewers and is actually based on a true story
- The themes portrayed in the film generally have a low sense of threat or menace.
- The film contains some depictions of children finding themselves in threatening situations as a result of the actions of some adults.
- One of the scenes depicts a group of homeless children being abducted by some men while another scene depicts the protagonist as a boy, as he is being physically assessed by a man for an implied ominous purpose which is not specified.
Sex & Nudity
- It is heavily implied that one of the boys is being sexually abused. He is seen having a panic-attack and hurting himself in class by banging his head against the wall. It is also shown that he is taken in the night, by a man, that (a few moments before) was examining a boy to sell to the place.