Little Horror Movie (2018) Poster

Started off well then went down the toilet fast
omendata5 July 2019
I was tempted to watch this by the good reviews, however each of the good reviews have only done one review and are obviously members of the cast and crew of this film.

It started of well and the photography and style are quite professional but there is just very little story on which to build anything with such a low budget but they did reasonably well with what they had but it just dragged on and on as though they were writing it as it went but my attention soon started to waiver as it lurched from one scene to another improbably , unrealistic scene.

All the actors did a good job but Rosine Young stole the show with her superb performance but alas she could not save this miasma of terrible story and woeful continuity - I think the shaky cam found footage is truly dead - Let it rest in peace guys!
33 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't be fooled by the good star rating
theoaxford25 August 2019
Tricked by the boosted rating I gave it a try and I totally regret it. The acting is average at best. The storyline is all over the place and totally contrived, often adding in random bits of backstory to try to make sense of the mess that is the plot. The film try's to be self aware countless times in an attempt at comedy but it's so unsubtle that it falls flat and fells awkward. I could go on.

The cinematography is the only thing it has going for it, hence the 2 star and not 1 but the constant jumping back and forth from handheld shaky cam and traditional methods is jarring.

So do your self a favor, find another film.
30 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sorry...
tchitouniaram27 July 2019
Sorry...Love horror,love found footage,but this movie is just a pile of you know what...terrible...boring...stupid... How could it get such a high rating???That's why I watched it...Big mistake...
22 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not great
jonathonmann13 July 2019
Had it's moments mainly during the early part of the film but overall not one you'll be queueing up to watch again.
18 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
i never review a film before
gekkostates24 July 2019
But this one made me got all the trouble for this review,

dude please, dont watch this, its an abstract film, everything scene on this film goes random, without reason. wasting my 90 minutes time

i dont understand other good user rating on this film, are they being sarcasm?
25 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
chillidude228 June 2019
Possibly the worst film I've ever seen. And I've seen "Teeth", which was horrible. Disjointed, not scary, just wanted it to end and it felt like it went on forever. This is the first time I've felt the need to write a review for any film, that's how bad it was. I've just saved 90 minutes of your life - you're welcome.
44 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You know it weak when it's a YouTube movie
Neptune1653 September 2019
You know how in those found footage movies, they always get the camera facing the actors for no reason? The dialogue is clumsy .. This movie is so cheesy I wonder Who rated this 6.2 or higher. the act and all things about this movie make you feel it's a graduation film project!! anyway stay away from this bad movie its horrible
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
wendylorimer29 June 2019
Possession film in a Blair Witch format.annoying and drags on. Turned off half way through
27 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weak and lazy attempt at horror
taniakuhl1 September 2019
I was angry after I watched this movie as I feel it was a lazy attempt at horror that insults the genre with its lack of originality. Poor character development, overused scare tactics and a weak storyline. The only thumbs up is that it is set in Morocco.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is this horror? Or a cheap comedy?
andspiritoso16 December 2020
Terrible in any sense.. very bad acting, the visual and sounds effects are appalling, the make up awful , not scary at all , silly and boring.... on top of that.. long Don't waste your time .. watch a lifetime movie
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good film....
jorlawson29 June 2019
I am so sick of the WOW reviews, but also the 1 star bored "I turned it off half way through" variety. Found footage is an aspect of the film, but it is not a found footage film. It is a well made movie that is a bit better than average. Good acting as well and a cool location in Casablanca. I liked and enjoyed it. Reminded me of old Euro horror at times like Baba Yaga..
16 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
francisco-matias8 September 2019
6.2/10 really? It's the worst movie I ever seen, even Scary Movie can be better.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Booooo
chrisjul26 October 2019
No concrete backstory for the characters. No specific reason was given out as to why Helen was selected to be possessed. Plus bad and poor acting from one of the three protagonists (Rebecca Ramon). Was slightly entertained though by the two male protagonists who served to be somewhat a comic relief.

Over all it was a boring movie.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
That's why
franka_van_loon31 August 2019
The people who rate movies for money they are learning, now they rate a movie 7 & 8 stars. But if you take a look at their profile, they have only rated one movie, yes this movie. So I was on Flix thinking The 16th Episode mabey is a nice movie for this evening, but if a movie needs fake rates, no thanks. 1* from me.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bananas
giraldojosh-810756 August 2019
From reading the reviews I immediately understood that this movie, people either love or hate. I watched it and I found the movie to be really original, scary with lot of humour. Some of it works, some doesn't, but one thing that struck me is how well the movie was made for a micro-budget film. The actors all do a great job, Mrs. Frangier is excellent as the host with an evil plan. The cameraman can sometimes come across as a bit annoying but at the end he kind of redeems himself so overall his performance is ok. This movie may not appeal to everyone but there is definitely something different and special. One scene that is worth watching the movie for is the exorcism scene. It is just plain hilarious. Overall a very good watch, kudos to the cinematographer who did an amazing job.
6 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another bored to freaking death horror film! Too many shaky camera scene! Avoid at all cost!
kwenchow13 September 2019
This film start with three Youtubers(Einar, Helen, Mark) chasing a boy who stole their cellphone scene! As turnout, this film is about Mrs. Frangier want to transfer Helen soul to her son body to heal him! And Helen actually already possess by a demon since she is young! Entire film full of shaky camera scene! Bored to freaking death! Barely a single killing scene show in detail! The killing of Mark scene never shown, just show Einar dig him out of the grave! Mrs. Frangier kill Tareek with an ax scene, also very bored! Simply hit him on the head! At the end, Mrs. Frangier try to transfer Helen soul to her son body with electricity but kill by Einar! Einar save Helen and chasing by a bunch of ghost and that scene cut to Youtube browser scene! That's it! Completely wasting time to watch!
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weird disjointed film
discerninguser7 February 2021
This could actually have been a gem of a movie, only if it hadn't been dragged down by it's own weirdness.

They tried to go for something unconventional but ended up spoiling the whole thing.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scary and funny at the same time
samanthabuffey29 June 2019
Saw this with my sister who is not a horror fan at all, she kinda liked it especially all the meta humor and funny stuff, it has different layers, and is a well crafted movie, part parody part homage to classic horror films. I personally found it very entertaining and scary. A fun watch!
10 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tired of the don't waste your time comments
shawninaugusta2 July 2019
I like horror and I thought this was well made and will not waste your time. There are times where you are not sure where the story is going and making guesses but that is a good thing. It was a little different take and I liked that and the ending does have a sense of sadness on both parts of the characters or entities involved.
8 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wasted an afternoon!
k_hoy5010 March 2020
Terrible. I should have watching the rain outside instead.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
LoremIpsum3211 September 2019
Cheap flick with unlikable characters, mediocre acting at best and in general nothing to offer that's not already been done a thousand times better before. Those high ratings for run-of-the-mill garbage are messed up.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cool, refreshing
jerrybw-509962 August 2019
Good movie. Only thing that kinda bothered me is the constant shift of tones and styles. There are a few really cool scares in the film, I didn't go for the humour which is a bit too cheesy but great writing , great direction and good production value for such a low budget horror. I recommend it.
4 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrifying
ddarreny21 November 2018
I had seen previous work from the same director namely "Kandisha" and felt it was an incredible piece of cinema, a classic if you will. I saw Little Horror Movie at NOLA and was expecting something in the same vein as "Kandisha" but this one is different and in a nice way. what LHM (Little Horror Movie) has going for it, is that is is raw and visceral. the characters feel very real which adds to the sense of foreboding that envelops this whole journey to hell. But what really got me from the start is the depth of the movie, the different layers. the movie tackles the issue of how social media and social acceptance has reshaped out psyche and how views, likes, and the likes can alter our own sense of belonging, our self esteem and our place in the world. Cohen Olivar is an important and underrated filmmaker. for those reasons alone, I will continue to watch his films and you should do the same.
7 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Underrated...
lopezsebastien5 August 2019
Good movie, not your typical home invasion POV shaky cam junk, this was shot with real cameras, found footage is just one aspect of the film, the end is a bit tragic and not expected I will not spoil it but it is a very different kind of horror film , also it was shot in Africa and the exotic location adds a lot to the movie. A good watch, I recommend it.
2 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow !
anhannon2 December 2018
Little Horror Movie boasts an extremely likeable cast. Even though we catch them when they're starting to show the symptoms of cabin fever with each other and stress at their slightly-below-par viewing figures, they are easy to identify with and felt very three dimensional and real. If you met them while travelling, you'd have a beer with them, no question. The transition from a demonic possession movie to a very amusing demonic possession movie was brilliant. I'm not quite sure when it happened but it subtly slipped under my radar. The initial quirkiness of things like Mark falling for a much older lady were one thing, but the pause pre-attempted exorcism to call 'Racist' regarding an Islamic entity potentially being unaffected by the power of Christ compelling it was hilarious. The humor was infectious but it didn't detract from some truly terrifying moments. Nor did it detract from a palpable sense of sadness when Mark died (I expected him to open his eyes and refer to Einar's character transition) or when Helen was left totally shell shocked. There were numerous nods to other possession films and these were respectfully acknowledged in the dialogue. The ending... what can I say? It has to be one of the most impressive endings to a horror movie I have seen. I loved it. Seeing all of those demons who had lost their feeder was chilling. I noticed Einar's upload had a few minutes left on the YouTube duration indicator so I assume (well, hope) that he made it out of there. A pleasure to watch. Massive congratulations to all involved on something very, very special and entertaining.
4 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.