Vacation Friends (2021) Poster

The red hair guy (photo) was funny.
Fella_shibby29 August 2021
Surprised at fellas who are complaining about John Cena's acting. The movie is funny and moved at a nice pace. The jokes are not very crude n ther is zero nudity.
40 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun to watch
archetypegrice30 August 2021
Fun movie where the characters happen to be of different races but they don't make a big deal about "race", have stupid offensive racial jokes, or bring up the topic at all. Refreshing.
46 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A genuine hilarious movie
studioginger29 August 2021
Well done to all the cast, what a hilarious movie, I haven't been laughing so much for quite some time.

The movie takes you through all the stereotypes worries that we all get and destroy them one by one in such funny and clever way.

A movie definitely worth to be watched.
67 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumb Fun
zorroaca28 August 2021
I kept watching even though it was not intention. The funny parts keep coming... very light and likeable. Good production and the acting fits the movie. In this type of film you know what to expect... and it delivers.
52 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I had fun
bryantbarry29 August 2021
For a free Hulu comedy with an A list cast, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. No, it will not win any oscars but if you enjoyed "Blockers" this is for you. Make a drink. Sit back and have fun.. that's what movies are for right??
71 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Stupid Humor Movie
alexjuergensbsa28 August 2021
This movie was better than I expected. Compared to the fact I've seen worse films in theaters, this free Hulu movie was great.

There are people hating on it but half say they couldn't watch any more or are people taking it way too seriously. If you didn't watch the entire thing you should be rating it.

Over, enjoyable film.
52 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining Film
bahn1225-127 August 2021
I watched it this morning, and I enjoyed it.

The film held me. You're given just enough info on the character's background that you're not sure which way they're going to go.

I'd recommend it. It was fun.
57 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Fun Time
S_dot_M_dot1 September 2021
When Marcus (Lil Rel Howery) and Emily (Yvonne Orji) plan a romantic Mexican getaway, things get wild when they befriend Ron (John Cena) and Kyla (Meredith Hagner). What Marcus and Emily thought was just a vacation friendship, turns a real nightmare when Ron and Kyla turn up.

The main cast is the bright spot in this film. Howery and Cena complimented each other well and built a great relationship. Cena stole every scene he was in as the lovable lunk. Orji and Hagner also complimented each, and when the four came together, they were enjoyable to watch.

While the film is funny with some laugh out loud moments, it still felt formulaic. It follows a standard plot line with an insert joke here mentality. There are organic laughs that is a breath of fresh air, but you can see most coming from a mile away.

This is a perfect kick off your shoes and relax comedy. You're not getting anything new or ground breaking, but you're going to escape and laugh along the way. John Cena is turning into a scene stealer with every project he takes on. Watch this one with an open mind and not a critical eye and you'll have a great time.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun watch!
maddyschiappa7 September 2021
Not a great film but was funny and enjoyable. I would recommend it.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suprisingly good
nebojsavuga-9051410 September 2021
A very funny and entertaining movie that will keep your eyes on the screen. Classic predictable happy ending story told very well with very good acting.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun
jchambers-2844427 August 2021
This was a very fun entertaining movie with a lot of laughs.
38 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Genuinely funny...
paul_haakonsen28 August 2021
Well, this movie actually turned out to be a surprise. Yeah, initially I hadn't really expected much from it, as it was a comedy with John Cena in one of the leading roles. But I opted to watch the movie, and give it a fair chance.

Turns out that writers Tom Mullen, Tim Mullen and Clay Tarver actually managed to compile a story that was rather enjoyable. It was a solid mix of storytelling, character development and good old laughs. So yeah, "Vacation Friends" proved to be a rather wholesome and entertaining movie.

"Vacation Friends" is a feel-good comedy that is laced with some genuinely funny moments that supplement the storyline quite well.

The movie does have a good ensemble of casted actors and actresses. And I have to admit that John Cena does actually carry the movie quite well with his performance here, proving that he is more than just the generic action movie buff. I am not familiar with Lil Rel Howery, Yvonne Orji or Meredith Hagner, but they definitely were nicely cast and put on good performances. And the on-screen chemistry between John Cena and Lil Rel Howery was just brilliant.

I was genuinely entertained by director Clay Tarv's 2021 comedy, and it is a movie that I can warmly recommend you sit down to watch if you're in for an evening of good old fashioned comedy.

My rating of "Vacation Friends" lands on a six out of ten stars.
24 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suspend your seriousness for 1:45
Simply-Red3 October 2021
This is a good, stupid-funny movie with a familiar vibe. We've seen the likes before.

Some laugh out loud moments and some lessons learned. Same plot as many others but a different ride.

I'm glad someone is still making "funny", its hard to come by these days.

Those giving this flick a 1 or 2 star...thinking they are the smart ones...if they were smart they would have known from the trailer and story-line this is not a movie for them. I suggest they stop taking themselves too seriously.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie made me laugh & I haven't laughed this hard since...
damon50328 September 2021
Something About Mary! And that was a very, very long time ago. John Cena was a laugh out loud riot & Lil Rel just being well...Lil Rel lol! Their chemistry on screen shines and add drugs & alcohol to the mix, well this film is sure to be a classic!
2021 funniest movie yet
lakings9727 September 2021
Vacation Friends is a Hulu movie with Lil Rel on vacation in Mexico along with Yvonne Orji to propose to her and they end up meeting and hanging out with another couple, John Cena and Meredith Hagner. They end up on an adventure with each other and their friendship takes an awkward turn when they get back from their vacation. This was a funny raunchy comedy with a great cast and a good script. Definitely one of the funniest movies this year, check it out.
This is a great film 🙏
guyrayment-6776524 September 2021
People are meant to go to movies to come out feeling happy and with sore laughter muscles. This movie did It completely 🙌🏼🤣🤣
Really great!
rockingruby21 September 2021
Best comedy of the year. Will definitely rewatch this a few times.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny, easy watching comedy!
walnvag17 September 2021
This film does not take itself seriously, which is a good thing for a comedy.

It's got the right mix of comedy and emotional parts to make it a thoroughly enjoyable film.

All characters are played well be the respective actors and there isn't any of them I'd say that is under par, which is hard to say for most films - there is normally at least one actor who isn't quite as good.
a good surprise
nouyrigatantoine29 August 2021
I had a good time watching this comedy in which a couple a little stuck meets a sassy couple who will teach them to let themselves float and transform their existence for the worse but especially the better.
27 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I laughed much more than I was expecting.
deloudelouvain16 October 2021
For some reason when I saw John Cena's name appearing I wasn't too excited about watching this movie. Wrestling characters are to me, fake and very annoying to watch but I have to give it to him as I thought he was very funny as an actor. As was the rest of the cast in Vacation Friends. I laughed a lot with this comedy and I wasn't even baked so maybe the next time I'll rewatch this little gem I will get stoned first to have the ultimate experience. The story is simple, easy to follow, and has some really good moments of comedy. Maybe it's not for everyone but that's always the case with comedies as everybody has a different taste of humor. In my case, Vacation Friends is just the right kind of humor that I needed and enjoyed.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected
bgmagic221 September 2021
This turned out to be better than I expected. There were definitely a few funny scenes that had me laughing out loud so I'd give it more of a 5.5.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It Does Its Job
ryanwesthamfan2 September 2021
The Good- I liked the concept of this film about meeting two crazy people of holiday and not wanting to bring them into your everyday lives. It's something everyone can relate to I'm sure. The comedic timing in here is great from the secondary couple. John Cena is perfect for this role.

The Bad- Now this isn't a film I'd recommend all that much. If your in the mood for some dumb comedy then yes this is one I'd probably recommend but there are better comedies out there that are a lot funnier and send a better message. There wasn't a lot of issues I had with this film. There just isn't a lot of great things about it either.

Overall Thoughts- 'Vacation Friends' features enough laughs to keep viewers engaged. However the comedy doesn't 100% land but there is enough chemistry between the cast. Overall I'm going to give 'Vacation Friends' a 6/10.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just learn to float
mklarsen-5189527 August 2021
Not a bad movie at all. Just relax, don't take it seriously and learn to laugh. It has some great pieces and funny moments. It won't win an oscar but the dichotomy between Marcus being so serious and Ron being so casual is great :)
22 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Movie!!
rudown-5490529 August 2021
I really enjoyed this movie and was happy to see this talented group of actors do so well in this film. I laughed so much during the movie. I don't know how IDMB rated this movie a 6 out of 10, it should definitely be much higher. I plan to recommend this film to all my friends and family.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Summer of Cena continues
cardsrock28 August 2021
After increasingly better roles in F9 and The Suicide Squad this summer, John Cena closes out his epic summer with his best performance yet.

He is by far the highlight of the film and does the best he can with a subpar script. The rest of the cast is not really outstanding and the story is quite predictable. Also, the main actor is playing discount Kevin Hart and it was not enjoyable.

The premise isn't the worst, but they just play it as safely as possible. Cena's shenanigans are fun though. This isn't the best or the worst comedy of the year. There are some decent laughs, but just don't go in with too high of expectations.
30 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.