The Wave (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for some language and disaster images|
Sex & Nudity
- A man is watching a video of a woman in her underwear. Very brief and nothing explicit.
- Couple scenes of different people in the bathtub.
- Man in the bathtub, another scene a couple are in the bathtub. Earlier in the movie the female was in the sitting down. Didn't show anything though.
Violence & Gore
- A few moderately violent scenes including sight of a man being held underwater to stop him from attacking someone else.
- In the original Norwegian track, there are approximately 4-5 uses of 'fuck', they're mostly expressed by anger and one for embarrassment.
- Some use of mild lavatorial bad language including "shit".
- Some mild sexual swearwords include "screw".
- Some mild profanities include "dammit".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is drug use in this movie for a guy. There was also drinking at a party. (Short scenes)
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Multiple scenes of strong and sustained threat as a tsunami engulfs a town. There is also a scene in which people are thrown around violently inside a car as the wave carries it away. Inside buildings, water chases people along corridors and into rooms. Unlike other natural disaster film such as THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW or TWISTER, the threat and scenes of peril are significantly stronger.
- Some disturbing images are present during the aftermath of the disaster. This includes sight of bodies scattered around the wreckage and the discovery of a bus filled with dead bodies (including sight of a dead child).
Violence & Gore
- Man hits a woman after she hits him, causing a death.