Legend (I) (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, language throughout, some sexual and drug material|
Sex & Nudity
- Occasional strong hetero- and homosexual discussion, descriptions and joking. Some sexual scenes on a TV in the background.
- One scene of an offscreen rape. An intoxicated man pushes a woman around and violently forces her to the floor. The scene ends here. It is unexpected and casts a dark tone.
Violence & Gore
- Reggie and Ronald are engaged in a bar fight with Charlie Richardson's minions. Ron uses a hammer to break everyone's legs which is quite violent. Reg uses brass knuckles.
- Violent threats made to other characters, some appearing comedic as part of the cockney personality.
- Brutal fistfights throughout, some containing the use of hammers and other tools, seeing the impact. Bloody results.
- There is a fight between 2 main characters, pushing around a room, hitting each other hard and knocking over tables and other items. Again with bloody results.
- There is a fatal shooting in a bar. A man walks purposefully into the bar, gun in hand. It was revealed beforehand that he was intending on killing another man. He walks straight up to the man and shoots him in the head. Blood sprays all over the wall behind him and appears on his face. He freezes for a moment, still smiling and then collapses dead.
- The most brutal scene of violence in the film is near the end, where a character is stabbed what seems like 15-20 times very quickly, all over his body, with the majority of it in full, close view. Very bloody, intense and unsettling. Not for the faint-hearted.
- A man is punched in the nose for stealing. Nothing graphic.
- A man is hung up by his feet with electrodes attached to his nipples. He is beaten and electrocuted several times.
- A man is hit by a car.
- There is a barroom brawl involving hammers and brass knuckles. Lots of violence, not all that bloody.
- An inmate is beaten by police. Bloody results
- 155 uses of the word "fuck", around 8 uses of the word "cunt". Other English profanity is used ("wanker", "twat", etc).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Almost constant smoking from most characters. General beer/spirits drinking. One character takes prescription pills often.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Torture scene may impact viewers as it can be disturbing
- Some intense confrontations between characters. One character appears rather unhinged and can be quite aggressive and threatening.
- Ron may scare some viewers.
- The implied rape scene and stabbing scene. See Violence section.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A main character dies from an overdose which happens offscreen. It can be stressful to viewers who have dealt with addiction-related trauma.