Songs My Brothers Taught Me (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 5 items
Sex & Nudity
- There is a sexual scene in the film where a young man can be seen positioning himself on top of his girlfriend in bed before they proceed to engage in sex. The scene does not feature any nudity as their lower bodies are obscured by the covers, but it is fairly prolonged with some thrusting motions visible.
Violence & Gore
- The film features fairly frequent use of the expletives 'f**k' and 'motherf**ker' as uttered by the main characters out of frustration or for emphasis.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The film contains several scenes of drug use, the strongest of which involves a young man lighting and smoking a pipe together with his female friend.
- Other scenes include smoking of what appears to be joints but it is not clearly established if the sticks are drug-laced.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This film is a drama about Johnny and his sister Jashaun, whose lives develop new challenges with the death of their largely absent father.