Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
Sex & Nudity
- A romantic relationship is central to the plot of the film. No graphic nudity but there is a sex scenes and are scenes where sex is implied, most of which aren't overtly sexual.
- A couple is seen sitting presumably naked in bed together, both implied nude though their pelvic regions are obscured by limbs and bedding. The man's bare chest is visible as are the woman's nude back and the sides of her breasts. They kiss and are seen lying together afterwards. They are shown under a quilt on the bed. They just kiss in close-up and the scene ends.However Nothing sexual happens.
- There are several scenes that feature a couple kissing passionately. A scene of very passionate kissing between a couple. A later scene of the couple lying in bed suggests sex occurred off screen. A man is shirtless. A couple kisses briefly in the surf. A couple kisses passionately while lying together in bed and around a fireplace.
- A woman is shown in her underwear in several scenes, most of which aren't overtly sexual. A woman sits in a dressing gown with her bra underneath visible. Later, she removes the gown to finish dressing and can be seen in her bra at a distance. A woman strips into underwear which basically resembles a bikini and goes swimming. There is a brief flashback to this scene again later in the film. A woman is seen lying in bed in a shirt and underwear. A woman is seen standing in a bra.
- Young males are seen bathing and swimming in underwear. Non-sexual.
Violence & Gore
- A central plot element involves a main character being taken hostage by a terrorist militant group. As a hostage, the man is mistreated, beaten and threatened with death in a number of scenes. The film also includes mature references to and depictions of terrorism and military conflict. Bloodied and injured bodies are depicted in several scenes and disturbing violence occurs but graphic violence is mostly committed off screen.
- A man with a gun stands guard over a hostage.
- References to mass casualties in war.
- A hostage is beaten by men with military-grade guns. He is hit, kicked, and struck with the butt of a rifle. It is revealed that the men are Islamic state militants.
- A man is surrounded by militants with guns. One of the militants strikes him in the stomach with the butt of a rifle as the man is taken captive.
- A militant group reveals a large cache of military weapons.
- A father offers his young child for weapons training. The child is seen holding an assault rifle.
- There are discussions of terrorism and suicide bombing.
- A man strikes another man during a disagreement.
- A group of militants is seen assembling a vest for a suicide bomber.
- A helicopter bombs a military camp. Explosions are seen through a missile targeting screen.
- Additionally, there are some intense scenes featuring violence that are described in the Frightening/Intense section.
- Language that viewers might fine offensive is rare, approximately five or less uses in total. Includes two uses of the f-word and one scatological reference.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A few scenes feature social drinking but not to excess. There are a handful of scenes featuring cigarette smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are a few intense scenes that build suspense based on impending violence.
- A man holds a gun to another man's head while interrogating him.
- A woman is put into a hole in the ground in a standing position, hooded, and buried to her shoulders with her head above ground. She is stoned to death. Men are seen throwing stones and the impact is heard but the violence occurs off screen. During the stoning, two adults restrain a child, presumably the victim's son, and force him to watch. He breaks free and tries to intercede. A man is seen raising a gun and shooting but the actual shooting of the child occurs off screen. The child is then seen being carried into a medical clinic.
- A militant observes a family through a window watching a modern music video that features women dancing in clothing not suitable to the militant's religious beliefs. He pushes open the door to their home and throws a grenade inside. The explosion can be seen as he walks away.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A hostage is condemned to be executed by firing squad. As the man turns his back and walks away from them into the surf, one of the militants fires his gun. The victim reacts as if he's been hit in the back before realizing he wasn't hit.