Moana (I) (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for peril, some scary images and brief thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
- Moana is grossed out when she feels a cold ocean current turning warmer and it's implied that Maui is urinating into the water. Only his top half is shown.
Violence & Gore
- In one scene where a character is stuck underwater her foot is stuck in some coral, when it is freed a small amount of blood is seen.
- Moana and Maui battle an entire army of creatures while at sea. They are seen attacked by the creatures who descend upon their boat with blow darts. The ship the creatures were sailing then sinks with them on it.
- A lava monster battles Moana and Maui. Maui is seen transforming into several different creatures and severing off the creature's arm with a giant hook. Its arm then grows back.
- Moana calls Maui a 'lying, slimy son of a...', but the scene cuts away before she says the last word and we don't hear it.
- During the song I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors) Auli' i Cravalho sings a note in a way that could be misconstrued as an expletive.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- That lava monster is pretty scary; its movements and sounds are very creepy.
- A creature's tongue is cut off in the middle of the movie.
- The film contains some scenes of peril, such as the one in the beginning of the film where Moana and Maui battle an entire army of creatures while at sea. They are seen attacked by the creatures who descend upon their boat with blow darts.
- While the scenes of perils are resolved positively, with little details of injury shown, they are fairly intense.