A mysterious girl carrying a coffin is on a quest to gather magical remains scattered throughout the land.A mysterious girl carrying a coffin is on a quest to gather magical remains scattered throughout the land.A mysterious girl carrying a coffin is on a quest to gather magical remains scattered throughout the land.
The typical cliches are well handled and even the "silly anime moments" can be looked at as having more depth in the correct light. I'm not suggesting it's a masterpiece, but it does have more going on than expected.
- Interesting premise.
- "Hunters" and "Hunted" characters aren't cardboard cutouts and have personality.
- World has development and depth.
- Limitations on magic and equipment add a level of believability.
- Worthwhile subplots including the debate over identity / personal uniqueness.
- Fourth and final companions "Deus Ex Machina" factor handled pretty well.
- Good English dubbing.
- Violence isn't always the answer (unexpected in this kind of anime).
- There is a 2nd season and an OVA.
- The series has a conclusion.
- Inconsistent animation at times.
- Male protagonist has a rushed evolution.
- Ending felt rushed, spread over 2 or 3 episodes would have been fantastic.
- Final episode animation drops a bit.
- Unresolved secondary character plot points.
- OVA is difficult to find and watch.
The OVA episode seems like cut content / storyline content with a lighter perspective, it's fun but not critical to watch
- May 20, 2020