Captain America: Civil War (2016) Poster

One of the best
hamadah-6836020 October 2021
One of the best marvel movies,great character development,good storyline A great answer to the question " how will the governments of today act if superheroes existed?
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GRIPPING, BOLD AND SMART
andreascaloni7 April 2021
Captain America Civil War is a gripping, bold, smart and awesome superhero movie. It boasts of a talented cast, a great direction and awesome action sequences. Matching spectacular and epic moments with the smarts of a great, grown up thriller, Captain America Civil War is a fun, epic and emotional ride that you won't miss.

Rating: 8,9.
30 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kept me on my toes
silliohooie18 September 2021
I really enjoyed this movie, although I felt like it's more of an Avengers movie than it is Captain America. It was difficult to pick a side because it's all the characters you love! Kept me anxious wondering who was going to win.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent character dynamics
SebMoz23 November 2020
Captain America: Winter Soldier was everything I wanted from a superhero movie. It was well directed, written and acted, and I was very excited for the next Captain America movie. And this movie most definietly delivered in quality. Is it as good as its predecessor? No, definietly not. There are a few flaws, which I'll talk about later. With that being said, this movie gets 4 things right for every one thing it does wrong. The plot is engaging and for the most part easy to follow and the pacing is solid. The characters all feel very 3-dimentional and fleshed out, and none of them feel different from what we already know. The movie's biggest strength is the interactions between the characters, and the different arguments presented by both sides. I love that despite obviously wanting us to side with Cap's team, the movie doesn't really make one side the "correct" one. Both sides present reasonable and logical arguments, and there is no right answer to what the Avengers should do. The new characters such as Black Panther and Spiderman are both very interesting and compelling, and both feel like a natural inclusion to the character list. All this is of course helped by some excellent performances as usual. The direction and cinematography are also both really good, and the action scenes are almost just as good as in Winter Soldier, even though some feel a little meaningless. And, while it might not be a big deal, MAN was it good to see a truly great antagonist in Zemo. He's well written and very well played by Daniel Brühl, and he challenges the ideological perspectives of our hero in a way no other villain in the MCU has done before. With that being said, his plan is somewhat ridiculous, and felt a little too complicated. The movie also feels a little dumb sometimes. It feels like Cap and Stark could've solved the issue much sooner had they just communicated better. Those are my main complaints, and while there are a few other things I could nitpick, nothing really ruins the film by any means. It's a more mature take on the Marvel formula, and while it's the best movie in the franchise, it's still more than good enough for me to recommend it.
31 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I am proud that Sebastian Stan had the chance to speak Romanian and was a nice introduction of Chadwick Boseman
cotandreea30 August 2020
I am proud to have a fellow Romanian in the States that represents us, our language and values. I am also super happy that I had seen Chadwick Boseman in this movie, because he was a very good actor. I feel shocked that he died so young.
27 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Avengers 3: Civil War
zzxzzzzxzz17 December 2021
It's basically the Avengers 3 but directed by the Russo brothers that did Cap 2: The Winter Soldier. I guess that's why it's called Captain America instead of avengers. Anyway the movie was the best Marvel movie I had watched at the time in 2016, (I saw it at the cinema when it came out). It's made by the Russo brothers so basically anything Russo bros + Marvel is just amazing. The action and direction was very good. The addition of Spider-Man also very good. I couldn't wait to see Black Panther in live action and I wasn't disappointed at all. He was really cool. But I got a little disappointed by his own movie, it was full of bad cgi.
Best fight scenes yet
welhof124 November 2021
I'm not a big fan of long choreographed fight scenes. I usually think they are filler. That fight at the air port was top notch! Spider-Man needs an origin story. I haven't seen his newer films, I hope one is it. They just touched on Hydra in this movie. I hope we get more information on them in future films.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the most underrated movies of movie
seemaseema-722183 October 2021
I really enjoyed this film and would highly recommended anybody to watch this part as it one of tue beat Captain America films and the airport action scene that was too brilliant and we also introduced by two new main characters in this film that are black panther and spider man.
Amazing
brycecharlie14 March 2021
One of the best in the mcu Great story, great Action and consequences This film has consequences not everything goes away at the end
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the biggest plot points of the MCU
benjaminbotello-0710026 August 2021
This movie is a great thrill for marvel nerds, as it contains everything you want in an MCU movie all wrapped up into a nice package. A great villain with steaks on the line, amazing character development, and of course, some of the BEST action in all of marvel!
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
#TeamCapWin
Movi3DO27 March 2021
"Are you Tony Stank?"

Ahhh the actions just keep getting better and better. But now we had more superheroes fighting each other. Of course the best was Spiderman who was both funny and charismatic.

As entertaining as the action, I felt the story wasn't as strong as in Winter Soldier. However, it's still a good story that led to awesome fight scenes.

For sure one of the best trilogies. 9/10.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the smartest superherose movie
higobadao30 May 2021
A super heroes movie that show us the other side of being a hero.
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best Marvel Superhero movie
sauravjoshi8518 January 2021
Captain America: Civil War is an action superhero movie directed by Joe Russo, Anthony Russo and stars Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Late Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd, Emily VanCamp, Tom Holland and Daniel Bruhl.

This is one of the best Marvel series movie and one of my Favorite. Great cast and characters, superb action scenes with a pinch of humor, commendable VFX and an memorable ending.

The team has surely worked on the script and plot of the movie and this is a different plot altogether. The point which is to be noted is that the villain of the movie doesn't has any super power still he created the havoc amongst all the superheroes.

Screenplay of the movie was superb and keeps you engaged through out the movie. Acting is the another strong aspect of the movie with some of the best Hollywood actors this department never disappointed. Climax of the movie is good.

One of the best Marvel movie with a great plot and good execution
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Captain America: Civil War is one of the best in the MCU
Venomage0330 May 2021
This movie has a fantastic plot and brings all these characters perfectly on screen. The conflict between Steve and Tony is written so well. Zemo is also a good side villain in this movie. The action scenes were well-made.
Genre defining
higtih11 April 2021
Easily one of their best much films ever super impressive.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I could do this all day...
JWick2331 March 2021
Captain America: Civil War was a great sequel to Winter Solider. It does take some minimum inspirations from the comics. The elements and plot devices and had outstanding cinematography. A great addition to the MCU.

Solid story with some minor flaws. The writing was good and the acting was great. The characters are well written. We are introduced to two new characters such as Black Panther and Spider-Man, even in their minimum screentime they were amazing. It takes time and depth to understand Tony's decisons, during the final moments of the final battle he was consumed by vengeance and his emotions and not guided by his intellect. And lastly with fantastic CGI and music.

Overall an enjoyable film.

Memorable: No Rewatchable: Unlikely.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great for MCU, off topic for comic books
katebrazzle22 March 2021
This movie and story line fit into the MCU well. I enjoyed it when it first came out, and I enjoy it now, really appreciating the character and relationship developments several years later.
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Civil War Is Upon Us!
BrnzReviews6 December 2021
Captain America is a great hero in the Marvel Universe. I really enjoyed Civil War as i enjoyed the comics on this very story, it's interesting to see what comparison both behold. The war between Stark & Rogers is brewing and they executed this in the most entertaining yet exhilarating way they possibly could have. I'm a massive Marvel fan so you can trust me when i say this is really cool.

One of the best team up movie's I've seen in a long long time, i did watch this when it came out but i felt a review is in order. Highly recommend this title, it truly is mindblowing!
Avengers vs Avengers
IQ424 December 2021
If you can't beat them, let them beat themselves.

That seems to be the motto of this movie and damn it was cool! I'm so glad that it didn't fully focus on Captain America because I personally find Captain America quite boring, but rather on all Avengers.

Political disagreements made the Avengers split apart. I was already skeptical of the Avengers' actions: Whenever they were in a large city fighting monstrocities, there would be so much destruction and so many casualities but it was mostly just put aside since it was done for the greater done. I'm not used to this from many classical animes where the protagonist is always this superbly righteous guy making sure that everyone stays alive - even the enemies.

But this issue was thematisized in this movie. Some Avengers themselves feel at fault. What shall it be? Controlled by the UN to try to ensure public safety but not be able to act whenever they deem right?

With friendship issues and family issues at hand, a civil war unfolds. Which is freaking cool. Surely many fans were wondering who would win a fight if certain Avengers crashed. We got this in an all-out 5v5 which was incredible! They even got Ant-Man!

I was also surprised that this was the introduction of Spider-Man. Quite a funny addition actually.

All in all, I'm more than pleasantly surprised, though I'm not sure about the resolution of the enemy's actions. Nonetheless, this was a great movie for sure.
Amazing!
Kirt4K7 July 2021
9.7

Friction arises between the Avengers when one group supports the government's decision to implement a law to control their powers while the other opposes it.
My perfect movie
thanakornsk11 May 2021
This film is the story from avenger age of Ultron because after that scene almost hero that fight to the monster and effect to the building which cause to the people in the city become died. The president of the USA call the congress to talk about that issue and define the new lawsuit to protect their country.

It control the power of marvel superhero this make Steve Roger angry because his friend will become illegal. But this law was written by Tony Stark who is the opposite team. In this film it separate into 2 group of hero which the first team has Captain America as a leader. The other team has Ironman. In my will i think this film tell us about the love and equality between friend and some argument that cause to the relationship of the family when it has a benefit it can broke the friendship but when you have a harmonium in your group it will help your relation and the lass I think the charm of MCU movie is the plot that is difficult to predict and it has so many surprises from the director. In the part of the actor Robert Downy Jr and Chris Evan was smart and powerful. Finally if you never watch the marvel comics universe film you should watch it ! It's very cool so i give it 10 star.
The Avengers:Civil War
Morejambo5430 April 2021
Debatably the smartest and most unique mcu film. From the beginning of the film it picks off instantly and sets the tone for the film really well. I love how the avengers are faced to realise the aftermath and damage that they have caused and how it creates a strong divide and a conflict between friends, allies. What is so gripping about it is that both sides have strong arguments which makes the audience jump between sides and look at the teams views from a separate angle. There is some confusion amongst all the politics like how captain America didn't tell tony that Bucky was framed, I can't understand that but it makes no difference. The action is probably the best out of any mcu film, the choreography is amazing, the camera angles even better. The soundtrack...omg the soundtrack is excellent especially when they clash at the airport, I got goosebumps. The movie has quite a strong emotional tole as well, mainly towards the end, just watching these characters beat the hell out of each other after such long development and friendships built up between one another. The villain is really strong aswell, I'm not saying he's unique but it was bold for a marvel movie to use a villain with no real physical attributes that are superior to the heroes. I cannot praise this movie enough and frankly it is a bit underrated against the other marvel movies. 9/10 Solid stuff.
Awesome !
Batsy150112 November 2021
A great sequel of a great sequel ! I love the second movie and i thought that this one wouldn't be that good but i was wrong. The only one thing that i didn't like was the soundtrack, it was forgettable.
Arguably Marvel's best installment
nlgthunder20 September 2021
Civil War is perhaps the most compelling film within the MCU. A lot of the franchise's future also hinges on what happens in this movie. It is a pivotal point in the timeline for several characters and events.

It also holds some of the best action, particularly Black Widow's sequences are at their peak. There are several other great elements; the introduction to Black Panther is fantastic, and the introduction to Tom Holland's Spider-Man is rife with good lines.

Happy to have re-watched this movie, and will be happy to re-watch it many more times.
Captain America: Civil War
auuwws24 August 2021
An amazing movie, I really enjoyed watching it, the action scenes in the movie are the best in Marvel movies, especially the airport scene, the story was not at the level of the first part, but it was good,