Lez Bomb (2018) Poster

(2018)

Batman vs Lesbians
madameminty10 November 2018
I'll just say this: check IMDb's rating statistics. You'll note a majority of ratings is 1, and it comes mostly from young boys and old men, but not from ones 18-45, and th emost voted for review only mentions a male actor in the review, otherwise is suspiciously vague, and comes from a man who rated Hot Fuzz 1 and I can only hope wrote a bot to rate all untranslated Pokemon anime 10.

After you remove this artifcat, those you could expect to be in a relationship suggest a 7.0 score. You'll see the average rating from women is 6.7, peaking at 8 in one group. My opinion is that these scores reflect the quality of the movie.

Now, consider who most likely watched this movie before rating, and who decided to wage a homophobic war on a rom-com.

*sigh*
24 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Familiar and new, all at the same time
imdbpro-540-33823925 November 2018
A journey for a main character in a modern telling of coming of age/coming out story that i've not seen before; a perspective that is refreshing and awakening to consider. It is couched in the familiar family chaos that is comes with the holiday movies, but with different dynamics for reach and every character. And it's funny! Did I mention that? :-) Deidrie O'Connell was my heart, but I everyone really gave outstanding, grounded performances.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun family comedy
wipsaunders10 November 2018
Lez Bomb is a great throwback family comedy, the kind that was popular in the 90s/00s and don't seem to be made anymore, but with a lesbian twist. Fast paced, funny, and with a great cast--Deirdre O'Connell is a particular standout. Tons of heart, lots of fun, highly recommended!
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun movie
solarigrian10 November 2018
I don't usually review movies, but I watched this and liked it a lot. Since it's such a small film, I figured a review would be beneficial. Although you could consider it a rom com, it's not a film about falling in love, but rather accepting love and being brave and true to yourself. The acting is quite good, the dialogue is snappy, it's well shot, and the events are realistic to the type of family shown in the film. I will definitely be ordering the Blu-Ray when it comes out to add to my too-small collection of actual good lesbian films.
12 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a bomb but explosive fun!
imdbi-degaite9 November 2018
Don't pay any attention to old-timey 'BatmanFunReviews' who likely has a homo-related issue. The film is fun, unlike the other 'FunReviews' fellow. Actually, s/he has rated most movies at 1/10 but reserves his best score of 8/10 for Horror of Dracula (1958) - a time when gay meant happy. I'm not kidding...

Anywho, this movie is not groundbreaking, but it'll put a smile on your face and you'll be gobbling like a turkey.

UPDATE: BatmanFunReviews seems to have deleted his review. It's important to call out intolerance and homophobia when they rear in public forums.
19 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super fun family comedy
nadinemalek27 November 2018
Relatable, heartwarming, and fun movie. A great light watch for families, especially around the holidays. The cast is super impressive and everyone does a really great job portraying the characters. There are some really funny moments and overall the storyline is so relatable, which makes it really enjoyable. I had a smile on my face throughout!
Funny and Poignant Holiday movie
garymgredell19 November 2018
This is a very funny movie and also well made and well acted. The situations the characters got themselves involved in became funnier and hilarious as the movie continued you on. The film had a very poignant ending that was really wonderful. I highly recommend this movie as your Thanksgiving family dinner will never be the same.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Something New and Different!
1ofakind4life16 November 2018
It's refreshing to see a holiday movie that showcases a comedic storyline about coming out. Loved it!
Avoid it..
BatmanFunReviews20189 November 2018
Stereotypical, cliched, dumb and completely dull, boring and just an unfunny mess 'Lez Bomb' wastes some pretty familiar faces such as Kevin Pollak and a storyline that could have actually worked if it wasn't so terribly bad written and just awful from start to the very last second.
18 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heartwarming and Hilarious Holiday movie!
pebblestar15 November 2018
I gotta say, it's really nice to see representation in a heartwarming, hilarious holiday movie. Great cast who did an excellent job at delivering laughs and sweet moments. Definitely laughed out loud several times. Definitely a feel-good movie. I'm glad young lesbians can finally see themselves represented in a real, heartfelt holiday film.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If Hallmark produced a lesbian movie written by a well-meaning fourteen year old in 1998...
adamchurvis11 November 2018
...it would be this one. So many "I'm going to completely ignore that you're obviously trying to say something important and constantly interrupt you anyway" moments that I honestly think Kanye West was somehow involved. Seriously, after the first THIRTY MINUTES OF THIS I was ready to perform spinal surgery on myself just to stop the pain. I had to scrub through the movie to find out where the "Lez Bomb" dropped, and found it was with less than twenty minutes remaining. This was the single most incredibly frustrating movie story-wise I have ever seen. It was funded because it is an LGBTQ topic, and it will be praised by respected voices because it would be non-PC to not do so, but It's just a bad movie, folks. That simple.
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I enjoyed this movie, possible best pictue candidate.
johnanthonymazzei14 November 2018
Kudos to enna Laurenzo for having written, directed and acted at such a young age. I also watched her "Short" feature "Girls Night Stand" liked it as well and would recommend it. The dialod and characterization flowed beautifully. The characters were real / easily relatable to-I know people like them. How often do we talk at people and not listen ? If a major studio gets behind enna Laurenzo she will be "One of the Greats."
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny,Heartwarming
kabilmurthy12 November 2018
It does put a smile on your face...just go watch the movie.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An instant Classic!
meagancarey-807889 November 2018
I love a good holiday film and Lez Bomb dis not disappoint! While the premise of the film is a woman coming out to her family- anyone with a less than perfect family will be able to relate to this functioning dysfunctional family! Lez Bomb will make you laugh out loud and warm your heart!!
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny as Hell With A Huge Heart
shannoneennis3 December 2018
I dare you to not like this movie, and I'm not a brave person. I am that sure you're gonna love this laugh-a-minute movie about a girl trying to come out to her family on Thanksgiving. Do you love "Home for the Holidays?" This is "Home for the Holi-gays" and it's just as funny, with an equally fabulous cast. Is it about a lesbian? Yes. And the LGBTQIAs will love Lez Bomb. But holiday-themed comedies like this one are universal. In telling a specific story, the movie becomes more relatable. Everyone's family is nuts at Thanksgiving. We have all struggled to be heard over the noise of activity at family gatherings. And we have ALL had to tell our family something that was perhaps challenging...for everyone involved.

Jenna Laurenzo wrote, directed and stars in Lez Bomb, and she hits every damn note! Don't sleep on her or this movie! She is going to keep doing great things. I'd be willing to bet that, too. Come for the funny, stay for the cast and tell everyone you know that they're gonna love Lez Bomb, too!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The movie is not really good ,,, but .. big but .. there were just a few scenes where it was enjoyable and funny..
Aktham_Tashtush10 November 2018
I believe most of the high reviews are probably from some of the LGBTQ guys ,, and i do 100% understand that they feel the need to support no matter what .. so in this case i gotta be bi-ased :D :D

anyway ,, the story is refreshing and it has some few relatable mess of thanksgiving stories ,, but it wasn't as strong as i hoped for ,, and to be more honest ,, the acting of Caitlin Mehner (Hailey) and Jenna Laurenzo (Lauren) was just baaad ... on the other hand Brandon Micheal Hall (Austin) was hilarious and same goes for Kevin Pollak (the father) and Deirdre O'Connell (the mom) i mean most of the cast was funny .. but again, didn't feel the same quality from Caitlin Mehner and Jenna Laurenzo ..

The movie is recommended i guess ,, and somewhat has a message especially for the LGBTQ community ... add to that as i said there were more than few moments where you definitely will laugh or at least giggle.
4 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.