The Hateful Eight (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong bloody violence, a scene of violent sexual content, language and some graphic nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- A fully nude man is shown from the side walking through the snow. His penis and testicles are visible for about 5 seconds. While the scene is shown from a distance, the man's genitals are clearly shown.
Violence & Gore
- The violence doesn't really occur until the last hour or so.
- People are shot with exaggerated blood spurts, however the most a camera lingers on someone being shot is probably 30 seconds at most
- About 90% of the violence is contained to shooting. It's bloody, but it shouldn't be that disturbing
- As one would expect from a Tarantino film, there is quite a bit of violence.
- A woman is seen being punched in the face, elbowed in the face and kicked.
- Shots are fired with blood spurting out graphically. These shots are exaggerated and almost always done for comedic effect. They are never realistic.
- A man is shot in his groin (the impact is not seen) all we see is blood on the floor and the man screaming in pain. Later he is seen laying on a bed holding his genitals.
- A man's head is blown off with guns, graphic but cartoonish, done for comedic effect.
- A man is shot in the back, however, the gunshot is only heard and no impact wound is seen.
- A man is shot after a heated situation, blood spurts out.
- A man is shot in the back of his head and his brain matter and blood are splattered on the face of a woman.
- Most of the violence in the movie is exaggerated, gunshots cause explosions of blood and heads explode in cartoonish ways. The violence is not realistic at all and is mostly done for comedic effect but it's still somewhat gory.
- "Nigger" is used throughout the film but it is used in a historical context..
- Around 25 uses of fuck
- 22 gd words
- Far less language than Django, Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir Dogs.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- As you would expect from a Tarantino film red apple cigarettes/tobacco is used and spoken about
- Pipe smoking throughout.
- A character rolls tobacco into a cigar.
- Drinking in a few scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Lots of sudden violence
- Even though QT's previous movies like Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds, and Django Unchained have a slight dark tone, this is his darkest movie yet.
- Though the film is very violent, it usually is not portrayed in a frightening or disturbing manner. Sometimes its even shown comedically.
- Infrequent, strong, gory violence but not exactly disturbing due to the darkly comedic tone
- The film constantly has an air of intensity around it and is made to feel very claustrophobic.
Sex & Nudity
- A man forces another man to give him oral sex in exchange for a blanket, this is "a scene of violent sexual content" as the MPAA was referring to. The man recounts the story as the scene is shown as a flashback. We see the man on his knees with his head at the other man's crotch, but no nudity is shown. The scene is only about 3 seconds long, and the actual act is not a part of it
Violence & Gore
- In the final scene of the film, a woman is hung by the neck from the ceiling. She can be seen choking and flailing while two men laugh at her. Very disturbing. That being said, the woman is the main antagonist and the audience will have no sympathy for her character.
- Almost every single character in the movie dies in some brutal, gory way.
- Some characters ingest poison and vomit lots of blood; this lasts for about a full minute. This is extremely exaggerated.
- Four men enter into a haberdashery and shoot everyone in it. A woman is shot graphically in the face point blank (cartoonish blood spurts), a man gets shot in the chest, two women get shot with graphic results, a man is stabbed in his back repeatedly till he is dead (the shot is someone obscured as the action is quick and we do not see the stabbing close up) and a man gets shot in the face, happens offscreen but blood splatters all over the snow on the floor.
- A woman hacks off the arm of a dead man whom she is chained to in order to free herself.