Before Someone Gets Hurt (2018) Poster

Seriously...Again??
mikedegroot22 July 2018
This is by far the most played out setup of horror movies today. A group of young paranormal investigators go to a haunted house to try and capture on film the existence of the supernatural. You'll never guess what happens. Actually, you already have.

The formula goes: cheesy jumpscare, everybody makes excuses for what's happening, eventually everything settles down, someone dies, and repeat. There is absolutely nothing new here. All of the deaths occur in the same fashion with no originality at all. There are zero scares to speak of. ALL of the "special effects" are nothing more than camera movements, cut-aways, bad makeup, and filters. The acting is barely passable, there is no character development, and the story is completely nonsensical.

Do not waste your time on this one. You have already seen the better and equally bad versions of this movie and there's no need going back for more. I get that these are easy movies to make, but come on. This is getting really old.
21 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Um...how do I get my money back?
lishiana-damico12 August 2018
Acting: terrible. Storyline: so full of holes I can see my own hand. Just no.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Annoying.
philneil22 October 2018
I really can't say too much about the plot as I only managed to endure 22 minutes of this movie. The premise is - they're about to do a paranormal investigation within a house, which has more than grizzly past, for a show called 'Ghost Investigations' (inspired title, huh!?!). Although they're supposed to be semi-professionals (who have the opportunity to have their show produced on the SyFy channel) they seem to set up THE WORST cameras ever! These cameras capture not a colour image, no, but a delightful blue hue (in broad daylight) with lovely wavy interference for added crappiness. But that's not my main gripe, every time there is a switch from camera to camera they've added a static glitch effect with a sharp cutting static noise, EVERY FRICKIN' TIME and even then some when nothing is happening! This, for me, made it unwatchable.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst scary movie ive ever seen
limrej21 August 2018
Imagine a movie worse than blairwitch! Waste of time, trying too hard be scary
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Billy?" "Where's Billy? "Billy!" "Billy?"
derekjager23 July 2018
This was a well-acted, well-directed film. It just needed a better, more engaging and compelling story. And a more creative one.

The scene with the ever-returning ball has become a cliche in horror films, showing up in A BLADE IN THE DARK, THE CHANGELING and THE SHINING. So, why do it here? And you can always tell when a film is lacking in scares when it does the "fake" scares, and this occurs two or three times. It's just done to keep the viewer awake because the screenwriter realizes the script is...kinda boring. Finally, the pacing and some of the reactions are way off. One character is murdered and there's not much of a reaction to their friend being killed. Then it happens again, and still, very little emotion is shown. And at the one hour mark, I realized I was kind of bored. But instead of ratcheting up the tension for a slam-bang finish, everything slows to a crawl. One couple even prepares to have sex! REALLY? By this point, I think three people have been killed, you can't get out of the house, so you start making out...and the film stalls.

There is some terrific talent here, I just wish they had been better served by the script. And when one person disappears--Billy!--all they do is ask, "Where's Billy?" "Have you seen Billy?" Not a lot of concern for the missing fellow. This would have been a much better film with an original story instead of rehashing what we've seen.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible Horrible Movie!!
denkyiw3 January 2019
I cant believe is 2018-2019 and people are paid to make movies like these. This movie was so terrible that i couldnt believe what i was watching. Stay away from this. Is a complete disaster.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
limrej21 August 2018
This is the type of movie u will recommend to pill u want to piss off because its a total waste of your 1 hour and 25 minutes
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ghost Ball
nogodnomasters17 August 2018
In the sleepy town of Greenburgh, New York, there is a house with a history of unsolved murders where the victims were crucified. A group of paranormal investigators go to the house and do a lot of filming as they want to make a good pilot for SyFy. Some of the production is found footage type, some is not. Billy (Aaron Sauter) is the practical joker in the group and a pot smoker. He is Tim's brother so he is tolerated, plus he sets up the cameras.

We get an explanation early in the film and more detailed later. An ancient cult called "Novum" needs to kill 59,049 people in order to get Lucifer back into heaven. The scare factor was typical for the genre. At times there was no cell phone reception, at other times there was reception. They always had the Internet.

The best part of the film was the practical jokes they played on each other. I never thought I knew the characters. Now I figured Lucifer getting back into heaven would have been something uneventful here on earth but that was not the case.

Guide: F-word. Brief sex. No nudity.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.