Tamako Love Story (2014) Poster

Better than Market.
rainrain_desu1 August 2020
If you have watched Tamako Market, you may notice that most characters may have their own episode, er, except for Mochizou. But with Tamako Love Story, know you can understand more about Mochizou x Tamako's childhoods, how each other grew on them! A must - watch movie!
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
See how romance flourishes between two friends of infancy, is incredible.
Frank_Strk1 April 2019
It's inevitable that a boy falls deeply in love with his best friend, especially if you know her since you learned to say your first words, a very frustrating love, because you don't know if it will be returned, by that person who thinks of you as a friend. This is what "Tamako Love Story" brings, during the anime we could see how the relationship between Mochizou and Tamako was, now it will be up to Mochi to confess his feelings, to that friend who has accompanied him since childhood, during the course of the film we will see how Tamako is discovering little by little her true feelings towards him. An incredible work by Japanese animation, which shows the flowering of an innocent love between two childhood friends.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good movie experience
prasadpawar-617045 December 2018
This movie was a good followup to Tamako Market. The animation was amazing, the music was amazing. The emotions of teenage romance were beautifully portrayed by Naoko Yamada.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is the best movie.
sikhav-106936 February 2021
I love this movie. I watch this movie more than 10 times.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Didn't feel anything from it
Irishchatter19 October 2018
I didn't feel this was the best romantic anime I've ever seen, I know that its part of the Tamako Market series but I just don't personally think a back up from a series a year later works on an anime sometimes. Just my personal take away, it's pretty much a thing youd rather forget you wasted your time on!
4 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
About this anime
thalasarathi5 December 2021
Itz amazing movie. The genre is slice of life and comedy I give a mochi shop owners daughter love with mochizu in but when he confess she afraid to give answer but finally she able to tell him. And it's one of my favourite anime movie.like weathering with you and your name.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tamako Market as a show is a bit of an aimless and fun series...
alexbouf12 January 2022
That forgets it has an overarching plot until the final episode where it crams it all in thus making it an inessential viewing experience to enjoy the Tamako Love Story movie.

While the show is still enjoyable, the movie really shines both as a finale to the show and as a standalone film because it tells the tale of two teens nearing the end of their high school days and having to figure out what they want to do with their lives. Everyone has their own goals and dreams for what they want to do in the future, but feelings often can get in the way of it, and learning how to deal with said feelings is an important part of life that everyone has to learn. Some act on those feelings and try to initiate change, while others are willing to keep things the same and stable. In Tamako Love Story, Mochizou makes the first move and it throws Tamako's life balance all out of whack and she must learn how to deal with it.

It's a really cute movie that is beautifully animated like most of Kyo-Ani's works. I particularly love how detailed the hair strands are on Tamko's closest friends Midori and Kanna, Midori has an incredible character design and is super pretty to look at. But Kanna steals the show in every scene she is in and brings a lot of laughs in this fun and really likable film. Naoko Yamada knows how to make stories that just feel so human and she's a wonderful director.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Change can be scary
angepavl8 March 2022
Change can be something very scary sometimes. It can shake you to your very core and leave you wandering. Everyone worries about their future, especially when they don't know how to move on in life or they feel a bit lost.

This anime manages to capture all those feelings while also introducing us to a teen romance which grows to life since childhood. Teenage love can be akward sometimes as you learn how to express your feelings in words and interactions.

Life goes by pretty fast and the meaning of it is captured into the fragility of our existence! Live with no regrets!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well.. Not Really Nice..
Farbod2551 October 2020
I Don't Know.. Maybe I Didn't Got The Whole Story.. Bug Whatever It What.. I Didn't Really Enjoyed It..
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.