Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violence and thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman mentions that she needs "certain things often". Implying she enjoys sex. This is a brief mention in a non-graphic conversation.
- A man is with a prostitute; no sex or nudity shown, but lightly suggestive conversation heard.
- There's frequent flirting scenarios throughout the first half of the movie.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is stabbed in the back with a large knife very brief.
- A man attacks the press, punching another man in the face and kicking a few others.
- A man shoots at and wounds another character. There is light blood on the victims clothes
- A corpse is seen that has been stabbed multiple times. There is blood and rips on the shirt but no graphic gore.
- Several characters have a gun at some point in the film.
- Some characters speak of their racial prejudice (generally vague and PG rated).
- "Damn", "hell" and "goddamn" were used a few times.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Social cigarette smoking and cocktail drinking. One man is an alcoholic.
- A woman is revealed to have an addiction to Barbital. She is seen under the influence through out the majority of the film.
- A man is drugged so that he is paralyzed, but entirely aware of his murder.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In a flashback, it is revealed that a character murdered a toddler, the tragedy leading to the death of her parents and their maid. Graphic, could upset viewers.
- The characters are shown to be in peril, given their passenger car is trapped in the snow on a bridge.
- A man orders a group of characters to kill him and then throw his body into the lake. They hesitate, and a one of them initially points the revolver at him, then threatens to kill herself.
- In a flashback, a woman is wrongly sentenced for the murder of a child (that she did not commit), she is revealed later to have committed suicide.