Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, grisly images, and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Dead bodies are seen hanging from an overpass. They are naked, and one man's genitalia is visible; although it is hard to make out. Buttocks can also be seen on at least two of the bodies.
- A woman is briefly shown changing her top. Bra is shown briefly.
- A man and a woman kiss while dancing at a bar. The scene cuts to the two kissing passionately in an apartment. Gasping can be heard. The man lowers the woman onto a couch, and begins to kiss her neck. However, they are quickly interrupted.
- A man straddles a prisoner during an interrogation, moving his clothed groin uncomfortably close to the prisoner's face. The camera then focuses on a drain as grunting noises intensify. There are two theories. One is that rape is implied. Another theory is that the prisoner is brutally tortured.
Violence & Gore
- Violence is rather infrequent compared to other action/thrillers, however when it does happen it is quite strong.
- There is a brief torture scene that isn't graphic and the camera faces away, however, the sounds of the victim are heard and it may be a little disturbing.
- Many people are shot at the border in one scene. One man is shot in the face through a window
- A man is shot several times during a raid. Blood splatters on the wall behind him.
- Many mutilated corpses are discovered in the walls of a building. The camera focuses on the dead bodies in relative detail. Plastic bags cover the victim's faces, which are coated in coagulated blood. There are a few sustained shots of the gory corpses; which may upset squeamish viewers. Following this incident, numerous SWAT team members are seen vomiting outside.
- There is a large explosion near the beginning of the movie. A man is thrown by the force of the blast. When the dust settles, a man can be seen dragging himself through the dirt, his head covered in blood. A severed hand is shown nearby. A woman also suffers a minor head wound; which is shown to be bleeding in the shower.
- Four naked headless bodies are seen hanging from an overpass.
- Multiple men are shot in the head, all in rapid succession. Blood can be seen spraying onto nearby surfaces.
- A woman looks through a file of murder victims related to a case. Some pictures are more graphic than others.
- Two men are stabbed offscreen, and the camera pans over the dead bodies.
- A woman is shot in the chest. However, she is wearing a bullet-proof vest, so the bullet only knocks her over.
- A man steps out of a car, only to be shot from behind. Blood can be seen exiting the wound.
- A man is seen clutching his throat, with blood seeping through his fingers. Whether he is stabbed or shot is unclear.
- Several men are dispatched by a silenced pistol.
- 58 uses of "fuck" (including 2 in Spanish). Various minor profanities are used throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A person starts to get addicted to Cigarettes
- We see drugs being transported, no use of the drugs is shown. Several people drink alcohol at a bar. Many people smoke cigarettes throughout the movie.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The whole film is very dark in terms of violence and tone.
- One of the most intense and suspenseful movies ever made.
- This film was directed by Denis Villeneuve. It's obviously going to be incredibly dark and tense.
- A suspenseful and prolonged sequence occurs in which numerous individuals are being transported by motor vehicles. Hidden gunmen and snipers are suggested, although not encountered until later.
Violence & Gore
- A man is covered in blood and interrogated. A character grabs him by the hair, sticks his finger in his ear, and gets uncomfortably close to him. This scene is very hard to watch.
- Two individuals wrestle each-other on the floor; ending with a man holding a woman down by her throat.
- A man mentions a beheading, as well as a girl having been murdered by being thrown into a pool of acid.
- A man sneaks into a cartel's house and executes a mother and her two children. He forces the father to watch, then proceeds to execute the father. The father of the cartel was responsible for the death of the man's daughter and wife.