The Forest (I) (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for disturbing thematic content and images|
Sex & Nudity
- None. No sex or nudity.
Violence & Gore
- A man and a woman struggle over a knife, until he lands on top of her on the floor with the knife stuck in his heart; he rolls over, grabs his chest and blood flows as he gurgles and dies with open eyes.
- A man and a woman argue, she accuses him of wanting to kill her, and he becomes exasperated; she finds a locked door and a note slides out from under it that tells her the man will kill her so she finds a knife, sticks it against the man's throat and says she will kill him and he shouts, "Wake up! Your sister's been dead for five days!"
- A woman walks through a door and finds her childhood basement with her dead parents lying on the floor, she grabs her twin who is now a little girl and tells her not to look this time as the father revives and attacks the first woman, grabbing her bandaged and bleeding hand; she uses a knife to cut his fingers away from her arm and the scene ends (we see blood on her arms, hands, and some blood spots on her T-shirt).
- A woman seated on the ground in the woods is pulled under the ground by six human hands as she screams.
- A woman accuses a man of trying to kill her, they argue, and she runs away through a forest; she falls into a pit and injures her ankle then struggles to stand and hobbles through a dark tunnel with a flashlight where she meets a teen girl that smiles insanely and leads her down another tunnel; the girl stops and as the flashlight reaches her face, we see a pale, round, zombie face covered in black vertical stripes of gore and the woman screams and runs back through the tunnels to an opening above her head and a man throws down a rope and pulls her up.
- A woman and twin girls hear two loud thumps in the basement (in a flashback); they descend the stairs and one girl and the woman see the girl's dead mother lying on the floor, eyes open, with some spots of blood beside her and both witnesses scream into the camera and run upstairs.
- A woman falls, cutting her hand and we see a long cut on the palm with blood flowing; a male friend arrives and helps her to her tent, where she wraps the hand in a piece of cloth and the wound bleeds through it a little.
- A woman runs through a forest at night, panting and shouting for her twin sister while we see several human heads around her in the background; these beings chase the woman another woman hears the commotion and calls her name; the second woman escapes the woods and is shown in a police patrol car while the first woman is shown in the woods looking at her forearm, which is cut and bleeding.
- A woman says that a drunk driver ran into two people, knocking them into a basement and killing them, but we do not see the action.
- 3 scatological terms, 2 mild obscenities, 1 religious profanity (GD) and 2 religious exclamations (Oh My God, and Jesus.)
- Name-calling (crazy, caveman and foolish.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man and a woman drink wine in close-up.
- A man and a woman are joined by another woman and all three have glasses of wine (they are not shown drinking.)
- A woman holds a short glass at a bar where two long shelves on the back bar are filled with various colors of liquor.
- A man at a bar turns in an empty beer mug and receives a full mug that he sips from.
- A man and a woman drink from mugs of beer.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are a bunch of dead bodies shown hanging from trees throughout the movie.
- The film contains several scenes in which the protagonist is confronted by spirits and experiences supernatural occurrences and hallucinations.
- Other jump-scares include depictions of spirits with ghoulish faces chasing the protagonist down a tunnel, sudden appearances of spirits, and so on.
- Three elderly women rush at a younger woman at night in a dark forest and we see a close-up of a wrinkled, screaming face and hear a screech as it disappears with the other two crones.
- As always, official ratings are included below by IMDB.
- Opinions (scores out of 10) not welcome according to the rules (also included above): only post facts [relevant to the section] so people can make up their own minds. Suggest to use a dictionary if the section titles baffle you too much.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In one of the stronger scenes, as a spirit grabs the protagonist by her wrist, she uses a knife to pry its fingers off to free herself, but ended up cutting her own wrist.