X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence, action and destruction, brief strong language and some suggestive images|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman wears a rather revealing and tight-fitting outfit throughout the film.
- There is a cage fight in the beginning where a woman is seeing walking away in a thong for a brief moment.
- Dominatrix style clothing. Lots of cleavage throughout.
- A woman is sometimes seen wearing some revealing clothes, she can also in one moment be seen in her true-form/naked but no private parts are shown.
Violence & Gore
- One notable violent and also rather frightening scene in the film is when Wolverine is unleashed, where he slices and dices every man in his path, who are shooting at him. Bloody results are seen, especially in the aftermath. But nothing too exceptionally graphic. This sequence goes for nearly 2 minutes. Furthermore, this scene is also one reason why the film was originally rated MA15+ by the Australian rating system (equivalent to USA R), before it was re-rated M on appeal.
- One character uses a long blade to slice open the neck of another character, whose open wound is shown clearly but quickly heals and is closed back up.
- Moderate portrayals of violence with some details are depicted. Portrayals of violence also include some infliction of pain and injury but are never detailed, intense or prolonged.
- The film contains several sequences of violence, where moderately impactful blows are portrayed, along with occasional details such as infliction of pain and injury.
- In one scene, three men are decapitated by a mutant, but the depiction is not detailed, and partly obscured by a cloud of dust.
- Another mildly impactful depiction of violence occurs when a person's leg is broken when he is kicked from the side of the knee joint. While there is no depiction of bloodshed, the injury is implied by the sound effects and the angling of the leg.
- In addition, there is also a scene where a person is held by the neck and choked for a period of time.
- Throughout the film, there are sequences of combat amongst mutants and between the mutants and humans, with occasional moderately impactful depictions of violence.
- Expletives are featured, but used infrequently. "Goddam" is said at 1:43:33.
- "fuck" is said once.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A few people smoke cigarettes
- A mutant is shown drunk on one scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- One scene where a character goes through a dramatic transformation. At one point, we see his ribs popping out of his back. While this part of the segment is brief and there isn't any visible blood, it may be disturbing and shocking to younger viewers.
- One scene where several men get decapitated. Instead of blood, we see a sand-like substance come from the place where their heads were cut off.
- The main antagonist has the power to "merge" humans into walls and floors. A human is slowly merged into a wall with visible distress and pain on his face (happens twice).
- The antagonist causes several people at once to fall through the floor, stopping them when their body parts are sticking out of the floor, still attached to wherever their bodies are. The people scream briefly, and then are silenced. The body parts are shown twitching.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Blood can be seen briefly spurting when Wolverine arrives.