Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for Biblical violence including some disturbing images|
Sex & Nudity
- Two men are shirtless in a pool. Nothing sexual.
- Pilate offers Clavious a women to sleep with him, he rejects the offer though.
Violence & Gore
- SEE FRIGHTENING/INTENSE SCENES FOR MORE INFORMATION
- A battle takes place in the beginning of the film, with many casualties. Men are speared, stabbed and slashed by various weapons. There is mild blood in these instances, but nothing graphic. Afterward, we see lots of dead/or wounded bodies lying around. The whole scene lasts about 10 minutes.
- A man is impaled in the head with a sword, offscreen. From a distance, we see the gaping wound and some visible blood pouring down his face.
- The crucifixion of Jesus takes place, where two other men who've been committed guilty of crimes are crucified besides Jesus. A Roman soldier breaks the legs of the two men with a rod, with audible cracking sounds heard. The same soldier takes a spear and stabs it into Jesus' hanging corpse, offscreen. No blood is present, only water is briefly shown pouring from the wound.
- Roman soldiers cut the support beams for the two men (now dead) on the crosses, which causes both to collapse to the ground.
- The two men's corpses are thrown into a pit of other rotting, dead bodies. The whole sequence lasts only a few seconds.
- A Roman soldier looks upon the hanging, dead corpse of Jesus on the cross. His face is bloodied and torn up.
- Later on, more dead corpses are thrown into the pit to rot away, leaving several soldiers to become sick and weary of the smell. For several seconds, disfigured faces of the bodies are seen, which is slightly graphic.
- A dead corpse of a Roman soldier is shown being prepared for a funeral. The face is stitched up, which directly implies that it was cut open.
- A dead corpse is presented to someone, supposedly substituting for the body of Jesus, with bloodied hands and feet.
- A man slashes another man's leg with a sword, leaving a slightly bloody scar across the leg.
- Pilate says to Clavius, "Perhaps you would prefer a post in Hell"
- Infrequent mild name calling.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Wine is drunken several times in the film.
- One of the guards of Jesus's tomb tries to get get drunk continuously from what he saw.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This film is not nearly as graphic, intense or as somber as Passion of the Christ.
- Several times throughout the film, a character gets hallucinations of the dead, lifeless and bloodied face of Jesus. This is appears suddenly.
- The scenes with the dead corpses, both the pit and the funeral ones may be slightly disturbing.
- Several scenes are suspenseful.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The opening scene, the battle with the Zealots, as well as the crucifixion of Jesus and the two men are the most intense scenes in the film.