Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some fantasy action violence|
Sex & Nudity
- 2 characters share a kiss at last
- Characters walk in on a woman dress in a sheer negligee. After being asked to put something on, she seductively gets dressed. No nudity shown.
Violence & Gore
- A teenager goes on a vengeful killing spree, utilizing a sinister looking parasite: we see bodies lying out in floors of buildings and the ground outside.
- A man is viciously tortured with electricity, and some are seen with blood on their faces.
- Two people are nearly executed in acid, some gruesome imagery involved.
- We see numerous shots of the close-up faces of dead bodies and murder victims, their faces mutilated.
- A woman is slammed into a banister by a sinister force, then thrown to the ground hard. She's killed.
- A cow is seen ripped apart with a humans bare hands.
- Another girl is thrown viciously around a room and killed. We see her body as well, her head slightly damaged.
- Occasional sight of blood stained surfaces.
- People are injured and presumably killed in a variety of huge and lethal explosions, and many more are lethally shot with wands.
- Police shoot guns to try to take down a sinister force.
- When the obscurus attacks, various violence is shown or implied to different degrees, including people being thrown and mutilated, getting electrocuted or burned to death, falling from heights, or being struck by falling masonry.
- The death and murder of children occurs and is discussed.
- A woman uses her sons belt to beat her children: we see the beatings about to happen, and see the bloody lash marks on their bodies.
- A man is tossed around, lifted up, and slammed into the ground. This kills him.
- Others are punched, hit in the face with items, and an executioner/guard has his head bashed with a pair of handcuffs.
- A couple of utterances of the word 'bugger.'
- Three Uses of "What the H**l."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There are probably people drinking whiskey in an underground party
- One scene in a speakeasy/bar.
- A character lights up a cigarette. A goblin smokes a cigar.
- Someone is seen smoking a cigarette in one seen
- A character drinks shots of a liquor called "giggle water", characters drink martinis and a "low-blaster." Various bottles of alcohol and men drinking Cognac.
- Medicine, potions, pills, salves, etc are seen, and are used to clean a wound on one occasion.
- A beer bottle is seen on the edge of the sidewalk on one street it's half full.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Fantastic Beasts has some heavy thematic material including murder and destruction, vengeance, discrimination, bigotry, and prejudice, ideological and religious fanaticism, political and personal corruption, unhealthy relationships, terrorism, fascism, and capital punishment. There are some dark and potentially disturbing scenes of child abuse.
- The film uses effects not uncommon in the Harry Potter franchise: some intense violence, some frightening creatures, some jump scares, dark and eerie music, gritty and dark cinematography and design, and other frightening effects and mature thematic elements.
- Younger viewers may be upset by the eerily realistic portrayal of a death penalty, vengeful murder, shocking, sad, and gruesome deaths, the abuse/death of youth.
- Such scenes may be disturbing for a younger audience.
- Man gets stabbed in the leg he falls down and recovers shortly
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Younger viewers will be frightened seeing Credence's transformation from a boy to a monster. Before his transformation, we see his eyes light up like he's possessed. This is again very frightening for younger viewers.