Remake of the hit 1960's "Supermarionation" television show. In the 21st century, Jeff Tracy, a former astronaut, amasses a colossal fortune and decides that he must use it to benefit others. His answer to this desire is to create International Rescue, a unique private emergency response service equipped with customized designed vehicles and equipment that enable the organization to react to any crisis whether it be in sea, air, land, or space. Jeff's five sons volunteer to operate as the pilots and field agents, as well as "Brains" (real name unknown) who acts as the teams' technical developer and engineer. In addition, Jeff's friend, Kyrano and his daughter Tanusha aka Kayo (based on the original series Tin-Tin character) agree to be the support staff. In addition to the field team, IR also maintains an intelligence network with Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward and her ex-con chauffeur, Parker as the chief agents in this arm. The series depicts this team as they answer various calls for...
When disaster strikes... International Rescue answers the call!
Did You Know?
Facts about the Thunderbirds machines:
- Thunderbird 1 travels at a maximum altitude of 150,000 feet and is one of the fastest rockets in existence, meaning that it can reach anywhere in the world within an hour.
- Created by Brains for auxiliary equipment transport, Thunderbird 2 can travel at a top speed of 5,000 mph and maximum altitude of 75,000 feet.
- Thunderbird 3 is a single-stage-to-orbit (SSTO) rocket was designed to reach radical air speeds of up to 18,000 mph.
- Thunderbird 4 is a small but technologically advanced submarine. Built by Brains for underwater rescue missions, the vehicle can travel at a speed of 160 knots.
- Thunderbird 5 is a geostationary orbital space station located 22,400 miles over Tracy Island. Thunderbird 5 is International Rescue's communication and logistics hub and scans for potential threats and emergencies.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Thunderbirds are go!
Thunderbirds Are Go
Written by Nicholas Foster & Ben Foster See more