PAW Patrol (TV Series 2013– ) Poster

(2013– )

Good for the Whole Family!
Bignosebeaker24 June 2015
I see why PAW Patrol is so popular - it's funny, but nothing too harsh for a preschool-aged viewer. Unlike most preschool-oriented programs, this show never tries to "hammer home" educational concepts or gets too repetitive (although I must say that the few episodes involving a minor character named Alex were quite bad). The six pups' names were a bit difficult to get down at first, but it seems as if they're engraved in my head now. As for Ryder - the boy in charge of the whole operation - he's a good role model; unlike some TV show "leaders" I've seen, he demonstrates leadership in a very positive way. Cap'n Turbot, the scientist character, is also a positive role model who might just inspire young fans to learn more about science and biology. There are definitely messages about teamwork and overcoming differences in each episode. Overall, I think that PAW Patrol has the potential to become a kiddie show classic like Dora the Explorer or SpongeBob.
21 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
RUBBLE ON THE DOUBLE...
hoodmichaelg19 October 2020
People need to settle down and realize this is a CARTOON FOR KIDS!!! This is not some movie nominated for its: Plots, characters or its ideas. It's a GREAT cartoon that shows kids the importance of: teamwork, helping others, responsibility and doing the right thing. It's a clean and good show for any kid.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Community Awareness!
poppeka17 April 2014
Paw Patrol shows children the importance of being involved in the city you reside in. The pups are mirrors of real life superheros like firemen, police officers, or sea rescue. Also, the interactions the dogs have with the people like the mayor is great! Yes kids should know the three the big three....(reading, writing, math)....but they should have an idea of how to get along with people they meet day to day through basic communication. Wrapped in great bright colors which children like and good voice acting this show looks pretty good to me! Sometimes as reviewers and adults, its hard to review shows meant for children many years younger than us. Before saying negative things about this show, look to your inner kid, or better yet look at YOUR kid when he watches this show....As long as its educational and your child is entertained, what more can you ask for!! Great to know shows like this are still out there.
19 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Low quality, non-educational, and low effort but kids love it
stephenfallis15 May 2019
This is possibly the lowest quality kids show around. None of the story or character ideas make sense and have just been randomly chosen by the writers "because it's fun". Ryder generally chooses Chase for missions when there are far better pups for the job.

Episodes rarely have a message or lesson to be learnt. It's a show entirely for entertainment and kids love it for that.

If you can avoid your child watching it, great. But even one episode and they'll be hooked.
15 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pups save the chili cook off
lisaespinoza-340858 August 2018
My son loves this show, but in this particular episode I have one really curious question. When Mr. Porter's oven blows up and he can no longer cook his famous chili. He calls on Ryder and his pups to help. So they come up with a plan to cook the chili outside because Mr. Porter's stove is broken. You mean to tell me that in all of Adventure Bay nobody else has a damn stove? I mean where does Ryder and Mayor Goodway cook their meals for the day. Really I am seriously concerned about how everybody else cooks their meals. Also why is that rubble is cooking the chili and not Ryder or Mayor Goodway. Can anybody help me figure this out?
13 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mind Numbing Nonsense to Sell Products
jann-spizziri-535-2860556 September 2018
This isn't the WORST thing your kids could watch....but it's not going to do them any favors. This entire series is very obviously created to sell merchandise, and based on the 55 million lunchboxes, pillowcases and millions of little figures, one would assume it is achieving its goal. This entire series teaches children nothing, and the characters that have zero personality use endless specialized mechanical tools to problem solve. The adults are morons and the leader a boy who has no family. There is zero character development, cats are inexplicably demonized, and the pups (main characters) all have stupid phobias. The story lines are carbon copies of the last episodes and extremely uncreative and the animation style is boring and uninspired.

I really dislike this series and don't want to insult my toddlers intelligence with it. I've seen worse on tv, but this is far from the best. It's just empty filler, not educational, not fun, just boring. If you want your kids to request every single stupid piece of merchandise based on Paw Patrol then just show them this show.
29 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show saves Nickelodeons reputation
dahgrdonut1 March 2020
Truly love this show. It's amazing to watch such creativity come out of one show. Family loves watching the show. It has a ton adventure and problem solving all in one. More Paw Patrol please!
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ryder sounds 35 years old
slimdave_v129 November 2020
Just saying ! Generally a fun show for the kids just some of the cast seem to go from kids to middle aged ...
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome Show
butterfly_lis0312 June 2020
Great show that teaches the kids so much. The show is very positive and fun.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wish I never had to encounter this
karyu19 October 2020
I'll make it plain and simple: it's a kid's show placed in a non-sensical universe (where dogs can talk while all other animals can't) with unimportant plots, stupid and annoying characters and forced situations in which the help of the PAW Patrol is needed for no apparent reason. It's clearly just meant to sell as much merchandise as possible, but other than that it's pretty harmless. The animation is decent and there was clearly put some effort in this during production, which makes it appealing for small kids...which is also the biggest problem...having to endure this borefest for the sake of your children only to hear them scream for more and leaving you with spending your hard earned money on stuff no one needs makes me want to rue the day this was ever invented. But what can you do? Kids love it...!
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good for Kids of All Ages
rasberrie5 May 2020
Both my son and daughter enjoy this show and a lot of kids I've babysat (all different ages) enjoy the show. This show is even tolerable for parents watching. The best part is the show gives a good message.

Most shows have bratty attitudes and/or immoral main characters... obviously there is a villain in some episodes of PAW Patrol, but he is presented as such, where as most shows present these terrible people as role models... PAW Patrol teaches problem solving and good attitudes!
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Like International Rescue for toddlers
feyipuk18 April 2015
As the theme tune says: Whenever there's a problem 'round Adventure Bay, Ryder and his team of pups will come and save the day. A small town, on the coast, has a squad of trained canine emergency operatives ready to bark into action at a moments notice to deal with all types of issues that befall a handful of residents who regularly get into trouble, and like the Thunderbirds, they have the hardware to deal with issues on land, sea and air. Full of colourful outfits - each dog wears a different colour uniform - interesting gadgets - their dog houses turn into their trucks (and a helicopter), and they have back packs that help them to do their jobs - and catchphrases that stick in your head ("Green means Go", "Rubble on the Double", "Chase is on the Case"), it's very watchable, has humour - such as a clumsy Dalmation and a sniffer dog who's allergic to feathers - with an obvious message about social responsibility and cooperation.
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Make believe
catfishchris-5624522 July 2018
Delusional youth feeds stray dogs treats and pretends to go on life saving missions. Accompanied by a crazy chicken lady and a thief who both pretend they're mayors.
16 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stupid boring show
celtsliveon27 February 2020
This show gets all raves and what not but what exactly is the message? Most of the missions that need to be solved could be done in 5 seconds with Skye and her helicopter but I am assuming since shes a female and this show lacks female characters. The villagers are idiots and who would go to a 11 year old for help anyways? These dogs are examples of how slavery works. Alex I wonder where his parents are? The Mayors are both dimwits, this show I think is suppose to make fun of liberatarians lol. But this show lacks education or female characters I know with so many cartoons out there this one gets alot of good reviews but I think there is a billion better cartoons out there.
11 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No Law
rob_44 March 2019
My granddaughter loves this show,but where is the discipline? What are you teaching children when all these mischievous characters don't even get punished for all the mayhem they cause. You should really think about that. It's important for children to know that there are consequences for their actions.
8 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I used to like it
boogernosejr17 January 2021
If only I hadn't watched them defeat sweetie, I wouldn't hate this show and I wouldn't make this review in the first place!
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
: ( <- me after watching this
SnowLeopardMaster14 May 2018
This show wouldn't be so bad, save for a few elements that turn it into hellspawn.

A problem with a lot of today's kid's shows is that their creators seem to hate cats. I don't know what cats ever did to get so much hate in this show, but the creators evidently hate them

Also, some of the episodes are flat out dumb. The dinosaur episode, for instance, was flat out painful to watch. Being a fan of the Jurassic Park franchise, this entire episode should be erased from existence. PTEROSAURS ARE NOT DINOSAURS!!

Yeah. Garbage.
15 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mind numbing and bad message for kids
dewijim16 April 2020
First off, these shows are so repetitive you know how every one of them will go before they even begin. This doesn't seem to bother the kids though. The biggest problem I see with this show an all the copycat shows like it is that there are no consequences for any of the wrong doings by the show's protagonist which is nearly always the mayor of a neighboring town.

What children can learn from this show? 1. How to help others. 2. How you won't be held accountable for your bad actions.
8 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
False and failed
arina-959312 January 2017
A first responding organization bossed by a kid boy and bunch of super pups who do all you can imagine (and perhaps can't even imagine) through a repertoire of never-ending gears coming our of their backpacks ranging from jet engines to screw drivers and welding tools!

The boss, a full time rescue commander is an under aged boy who never does anything than just being the Ryder: He never goes to school, has no parents and family or close friends,... Matter of fact, I am yet to see anyone going to school, rather seeing any schools in this place. Guess they are all just born super heroes!!

No wonder kids theses days seem to be affected by all kinds of delusions of grandeur.
19 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The kids love it!
getchinator18927 July 2019
Yeah watching this with your kid makes 'em happy for sure, not my thing but hey... keeps her entertained for the duration of the show.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfection
I often wonder how people can say that Breaking Bad is the best TV show of all time when this one exists. The only bad part is that the dubbing to Swedish is awful.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Standout character
anngelaannis7 May 2020
My daughter is obsessed with cute animals so she took to Paw Patrol instantly. She was captivated by the team of adorable dogs and their non stop jokes and puns. There is one character who became my daughter's absolute favorite on the show, and shows up in most of the episodes, Captain Turbot. He is a scientist who is very fond of using big words and caring for animals. My daughter says she wants to become a scientist like him and learn the long words he says. I couldn't be more grateful for this unexpected role model. If your kid is an animal fanatic, I recommend this cute show.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
my fav show!
kieltylover-2941629 October 2018
When im sick, week off from school or a day off, this is a show i watch and its my favorite show!
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My nephew loves it.
talaskabartosz-984014 January 2022
It's a nice animated series for the kids. Even I sometimes laugh when I watch it. Although Marshall is just annoying. Accidents happen, yes. But he's just stupid and his impaired brain annoys even my 5 year old nephew.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Muy buena serie
geobeto25 July 2018
Entretenida para los niños, enseñan el trabajo en equipo.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.