The Flash (TV Series 2014– ) Poster

(2014– )

georgechasapoglou27 February 2020
I really liked the first three seasons but since season 4, the show really changed. Season 6 is probably the worst. They have added so many characters that we don't even get to see Barry Allen as the Flash anymore. The last seasons have focused so much on Iris that I started hating the show! P.S. I apologise for bad english, It's not my native language
217 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Show went from great to awful
johncarson-4405720 February 2020
This use to be my favorite show. It was really compelling early on, but went downhill after about season 3. I see other people's complaints are mainly about Iris. I do see what they say and agree to an extent - this show has quickly evolved into some weird comic book soap opera. The relationships have become really childish. The script sometimes feels like it was written by a team of 15 year old girls. I'd say my biggest complaint, is how stupid its become. The logic has become mind numbingly dumb. Soooo many plot holes. Sooo many inconsistencies. In one episode, called "Flash Time", all the Flashes are running near the speed of light. Then, in other episodes, Flash slips on some marbles and goes "Darn it, the bad guy got away because I fell down. There is no way I'd be able to catch up with them now!" I've forgiven them alot over the years for using dumb logic in their plot devices, in all their episodes , but its become way too much. The writers don't even care anymore about making sense. They've relegated this show to pure stupidity. The crisis crossover has been the dumbest thing I've seen on TV. I mean seriously, in 1 scene, Barry must run on the treadmill to save the multiverse. I use to watch all the arrowverse shows, but I've dropped all of them but Flash, but soon I will be dropping flash. It's obvious their target demographic for this show are 10 yr old girls. It's become 90% relationships 5% dumb logic 5% flash stuff... I mean really, CW, if you're going to make a comic show, why not make it primarily for the folks who watch this stuff? Why target 10 yr old girls? I know people want to hate on Iris, but I'd say she is 10% of the problem. The writers and the showrunner is the main problem.
146 out of 162 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Getting worse over the years
qiu_xinzhi16 May 2018
When it first started, the flash was an exciting new addition to the arrowverse, with its first season being exceptional. Viewers immediately fell in love with Grant Gustin's Barry Allen (AKA The Flash). The first season was amazing and enjoyable, and the story was very complex, yet felt smooth and even.

Well, how the mighty have fallen. Over the seasons, we see a decrease in quality. As the producers churn out more and more episodes, the drop in quality is apparent. This is especially so in Season 4, which is by far the worst season of the flash. The excitement has all but faded, as each episode repeats the same things over and over again, with the plot being extremely predictable.

It is my hope that the main villain was given more time and that the number of episodes could be decreased, to reduce the number of filler episodes and to end up with a more concise story, that is better told.
555 out of 653 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flaws in series
goelm-9090810 May 2020
Remove iris, remove season with devoid, and introducing meta tech was dumb, first few seasons deserves a 9 rating but after that this show deserves to be cancelled
71 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent start but fades away..
beefakhan1 January 2017
If you had asked me a couple of years ago what the best super hero TV show at the time was, I would have said The Flash.

The show started excellently well with a gripping pilot and a good story line. It starts with how Barry Allen becomes The Flash starting with how he gets his powers, then learns how to use/control them and then tries to solve the mystery of his mother's death to avenge his father. Overall season 1 was superb! Season 2 was weak when it comes to the story line but the excitement of seeing new metas, cross over episodes and 'team flash' developing some individual abilities of their own makes watching the season worthwhile.

Season 3 has been average at best and my rating of flash that started from a full 10 has dropped to 7 over two years. Constant time traveling and meddling with things not only gets confusing in my opinion, but also makes you lose interest.

I would definitely recommend people to give this show a go (especially if you are a DC fan) but the eventual and constant decline of the show is pretty obvious as you go on with the episodes.
233 out of 279 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kill off Iris and make sure she days dead
bagaran2 January 2020
This used to be a great show for the first 3 seasons. I barely made it through season 4 before I dropped the show completely. Iris fills no role other than being an annoying, useless control freak. So do the right thing CW and kill her. Don't bring her back through some wibbily wobbly timey wimey...stuff. Just kill her and deliver us from her.
107 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Get rid of Iris!!
shishirbh-4613329 October 2018
1st season was really good , with great story. And slowly started to loose pace in the upcoming season . And the "Iris"character is very annoying , the effects were good, Sometimes the jokes are very silly and are very immature, the series are Good for kids under ten , but very silly and immature for teens and adults.
303 out of 374 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please make this show about The Flash again!
DiCaprio-HardyFan3 November 2020
The Flash is one of the better superhero shows on but it's been getting worse considering The Flash is barely in it anymore! Lately, the show has been more focused on Iris...which is a huge mistake! Ever since they put her as pretty much the lead since the Crisis crossover, every episode has been the lowest rated in series history! Go back to making this show about The Flash bc when you did it was still entertaining! I absolutely don't mind women as leads in action shows but the CW is getting ridiculous. This is even coming from a liberal who's all about equality but EVERY show now has a woman as it's lead now (Supergirl, Catwoman, Stargirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Green Arrow & The Canaries, and now even The Flash and Black Lightening are all about girl power! They even have a Kung-Fu remake coming that changed the lead to a woman. I mean WTF?)! Every woman is portrayed as smart and tough while the men are stupid and weak! Most of them like Laurel Lance & Catwoman look so ridiculous in their fight scenes. It doesn't look like their kicks would hurt a 3-year old but a grown man goes flying or knocked out from a hit that again, wouldn't hurt a child!
18 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Starting to get boring. Like VERY boring!!!
thujan13 March 2019
First 3 seasons of the show was great but now it's starting to get boring and unbearable to watch with Iris calling herself the leader of Team Flash.

Caitlin would make a better leader, if they really wanted one.

The show lost it after season 3.
105 out of 127 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why Iris does not leave the series?
edkav17 January 2019
You make this series worse every day. We are bored with the absurdities of Iris and Iris. Barry's doing nothing but hanging around and beating. Grant Gustin is an excellent actor, but I don't want to follow the series anymore. What I want to see is the flash and flash team. Iris should be separated from the series because it reduces quality.
167 out of 207 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show has gone off the rails
steve-039356 February 2020
The first couple of seasons were great. Then the CW does what they do best, ruin shows with P.C. crap.

The Flash isn't the Flash anymore. It's now the Iris show. Flash is on screen for small amount of time while Iris runs around in the starring role.

Thanks for ruining the Flash CW. I'm done and hopefully this show is canceled soon.
89 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nora
proberts9830 January 2019
The show has gone downhill since Nora joined the cast. She is not a likeable character and is immature and childish.
211 out of 269 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 6....
claire64123 May 2020
I used to love this show. Yes, there were a few dumb lines and scenes, but overall, it was good. I liked all the characters and everything about the show. However, season 6 was absolutely horrible. I couldn't get through the first episode of that season. This show is a good example as to why it can be a good thing to quit while you're ahead. The producers make the same plot with the same result over and over again. There is only so many times that you can do that without the show getting boring. It was good before.
20 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flash episode 01/16/18
cwesley_graves17 January 2018
I am so tired of the lame writing in this show. I can tell these writers are not committed to the plot and development of a true SUPER HERO. Smallville suffered from the same horrible writing. It isn't hard to write for such epic superheroes. The corny dialogue and the weak plots need to stop...PLEASE STOP
60 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iris.
ahmed_ziada2 April 2020
The quality of the show degraded over time to the point that it became so boring. Iris isn't fit for her role and she's so irritating.
35 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad and gets worse and worse
w-vogt26 February 2020
Story and script is a joke. Actors cant perform and production design is simple horrible. On top of all of this you have to endure the over the top political correctness all time.
41 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iris is the most irritating character of a very cliche show (till Season 3)
user-651-7269968 March 2018
I watched season 1 long back and was disappointed. I loved the science and the speed but the character Iris was irritating as hell. So I stopped watching The Flash. But then justice League happened. I wanted to watch The Flash again and I did. But then adding to Iris there was this teen like kid flash. The episodes keep pissing me off as it goes by. Hope they change the writers.
117 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Series for dumb people... No offense
gtenalokes10 February 2019
I generally love the flash (the super hero)

But Everytime I watch the show I feel like my intelligence is being insulted because there's just so many plot holes, so much so that the plot is like a sieve where nonsense passes and logic is restricted.

I stopped watching it after ELSE WORLDS.. the dumbest, most stupid, lamest, Senseless, illogical and insulting crossover in th history of crossovers
26 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Get rid of that Iris thing
4th season is a disaster.Only cause of that annoying Iris thing director,writers wants to dance around.
40 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Get rid of Nora & Iris!
Mliss4913 October 2019
These women are pains. Nora is a big cry baby and Iris has been a pain since S1E1
56 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Tv Show Would be Way better without annoying character.
darkoossoo17 March 2018
The Show would be a lot better if they can kill or remover the most annoying character and yes i refer with the one they call leader team every body dislike her please make us a big favor end remove IRIS WEST from this great show. i would give 10 stars if no IRIS WEST!!!!!!
66 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Started off Good but disappointed soon enough
shrivastavshubhanshu8 October 2019
Warning: People who think this is the greatest show they have ever seen, please do not read this because either you are too dumb (yes believe it, it's true) OR they don't know what great shows are like.

From being a fairly enjoyable show, it has gone to become a very boring, monotonous and irritating show. Post season 2, it becomes so dull that a viewer can actually predict what is going to happen in the end of the episode. The episodes, apart from following the main story line, follows the same track - in EACH ONE OF THEM! I am writing this review after pausing in the middle of the latest episode, which tells a lot about its quality I guess.

Okay, so the characters downgrades episode to episode. They start irritating you. The characters and dialogues makes you feel as if you are seeing so much sweetness that it's making you want to throw up. And the viewer starts to pissed off for the fact thinking that why the hell these characters have to always talk about their 'feelings' which get hurt over such stupid little things that one feels like giving them a good thrashing. All that uninteresting, monotonous emotional drama makes it so whimsical that it actually makes the viewer think "Whining bit**es" about the characters. Which makes a person wonder that after so many fights and dealing with losses, why are these dolts (the characters) still stupid and have not become more matured. Which reminds me - why are they not killing or sending that stupid Ralph (Plastic man) away and why the hell they keep bringing that Wells guy back in every season in some new form!

The science they use and the scientific explanations they give are just so damn ridiculous and extremely stupid that it makes you wonder that whether they are some Arts Grads posing as scientists, making stuff up as they go! I mean - Extracting powers and treating and changing the DNA with a liquid in a test tube! Do they even know what the DNA is! By the way who the hell pays for that Star Labs - for the surplus amount of electricity they are using along with all the costs that are or could be incurred by such a huge establishment in size? RIDICULOUS! Idiotic!

There is nothing different in the episodes and the characters starts to become so irritating - (I don't know how to describe it in any better way) promoting Modernism so much so that the viewer starts to wonder that in which part of the world people are like that and then thanks his luck that he does not live in that part of the world. It makes the characters look shallow and overly superficial in subtle ways (sometimes not even subtle!). I can go on and on, there are just so many flaws!

I'd recommend to watch Daredevil series or the Punisher series on Netflix which are so splendidly made (well compared to this crap). I am saying this though I am a DC comics fan! This show has become Absolutely disappointing!
53 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iris is annoying
iLovePricefield8 July 2020
The Story Line, Effects and most of the cast are soooo awesome, but Iris ruins most of the moments with her cringe behavior
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad science
live_for_the_weekend20079 October 2019
If you want to use a relatively real world with real science at least get the science right,,, Teaching people wrong science about real science is detrimental to everyone. Also the characters are all weak and pathetic, really disappointing people, and pretty much just complain about everything and feel down about life. Pathetic.
31 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iris is show spoiler
dandaashok12 April 2020
I gave 10 rating when I saw 1st season but it doesn't deserve even 5 rating after seeing season 4. Please kill the Iris character and get back on track.
22 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.