The Flash (TV Series 2014– ) Poster

(2014– )

Getting worse over the years
qiu_xinzhi16 May 2018
When it first started, the flash was an exciting new addition to the arrowverse, with its first season being exceptional. Viewers immediately fell in love with Grant Gustin's Barry Allen (AKA The Flash). The first season was amazing and enjoyable, and the story was very complex, yet felt smooth and even.

Well, how the mighty have fallen. Over the seasons, we see a decrease in quality. As the producers churn out more and more episodes, the drop in quality is apparent. This is especially so in Season 4, which is by far the worst season of the flash. The excitement has all but faded, as each episode repeats the same things over and over again, with the plot being extremely predictable.

It is my hope that the main villain was given more time and that the number of episodes could be decreased, to reduce the number of filler episodes and to end up with a more concise story, that is better told.
143 out of 162 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Starting is fantastic but the series is becoming crappier
shishirbh-4613329 October 2018
1st season was really good , with great story. And slowly started to loose pace in the upcoming season . And the "Iris"character is very annoying , the effects were good, Sometimes the jokes are very silly and are very immature, the series are Good for kids under ten , but very silly and immature for teens and adults.
91 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent start but fades away..
beefakhan1 January 2017
If you had asked me a couple of years ago what the best super hero TV show at the time was, I would have said The Flash.

The show started excellently well with a gripping pilot and a good story line. It starts with how Barry Allen becomes The Flash starting with how he gets his powers, then learns how to use/control them and then tries to solve the mystery of his mother's death to avenge his father. Overall season 1 was superb! Season 2 was weak when it comes to the story line but the excitement of seeing new metas, cross over episodes and 'team flash' developing some individual abilities of their own makes watching the season worthwhile.

Season 3 has been average at best and my rating of flash that started from a full 10 has dropped to 7 over two years. Constant time traveling and meddling with things not only gets confusing in my opinion, but also makes you lose interest.

I would definitely recommend people to give this show a go (especially if you are a DC fan) but the eventual and constant decline of the show is pretty obvious as you go on with the episodes.
119 out of 147 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nora
proberts9830 January 2019
The show has gone downhill since Nora joined the cast. She is not a likeable character and is immature and childish.
49 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Less Nora and Iris and More Barry
jdanco30 January 2019
Iris and Nora are both way to sympathetic and make Barry look like someone who can't do anything by himself. Barry is just way to soft and can't get through one ******* episode without a emotional speech from the two most annoying characters in Nora and Iris. Also this seasons villian sucks a$$ and can't hold a candle to reverse flash or zoom. Bring back the good shìt in zoom and reverse flash with a flash that isn't a little bìtch.
30 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iris the virus
hawkeyesdaughter10 March 2019
So everyone knows that Iris west is the "lovable voice of reason." But that's utter bs! She doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut "oh my dads lying." Or "oh no my foster step brother is lying" she never really acts her age and those traits carried on to her daughter, nora the 30 year old teenager. Now both of them are complaining about fixable bs!
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even this forgiving DC fan couldn't get past The Flash's stupidity
justplainbutch25 March 2016
I wanted to like this show, I really did. But when the writers consistently try to treat me like I'm a nine-year-old with ADHD, it gets old. Plot holes in this series are ENORMOUS.

Who pays to keep S.T.A.R. Labs open? Who is feeding the meta-human prisoners and where do they shower? Why can Barry run faster than a bullet but not a flagpole being swung at him? There is obviously no one at the writers' table who is an actual scientist. It is apparent by the plethora of scientific errors. (500 proof alcohol? "Knots per mile?") The dialogue is really, really bad. For example, "Barry. Run." The chemistry between characters is forced. Plots are the same each week, save for a different villain.

And consistency is a problem. Only when a punch line is needed do Barry's sneakers flame up after running or (to get her to take off her shirt) Felicity's blouse catch on fire.

All in all, I am really amazed by how bad the writing on this show is and yet how highly regarded it seems to be on IMDb. To say The Flash is written more poorly than The Dukes of Hazzard or Love Boat would be an understatement.
189 out of 262 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Would Somebody Please Shut Iris West Up!
tonedeaftromboner10 May 2015
Every episode Iris West goes on and on about how "Barry lied to me," "My father lied to me," "my boyfriend lied to me." Talk about a broken record. First she goes from being a waitress to magically getting a job as a top reporter. Then she spends the rest of her screen time accusing people of lying to her, then acting like a 10 year old by giving everyone the silent treatment. Her rants are always about, "I thought you loved me," "I thought you were my best friend." Unfortunately I know I am not the only person who just wants someone to put a bullet in her head and get that annoying character off the show. And why on earth would anyone want to date or live with that shrew? Her character adds nothing to any storyline. Get rid of her. It is otherwise a pretty good, albeit, a kind of childish show.
279 out of 396 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flash episode 01/16/18
cwesley_graves17 January 2018
I am so tired of the lame writing in this show. I can tell these writers are not committed to the plot and development of a true SUPER HERO. Smallville suffered from the same horrible writing. It isn't hard to write for such epic superheroes. The corny dialogue and the weak plots need to stop...PLEASE STOP
17 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
STOP Splicing Episodes
tdreweb30 October 2018
Never felt the need to review a show before, but this is infuriating. The Flash, Arrow, Legends...need to stop splicing episodes across franchises. There is nothing more infuriating than not being able to watch the entirety of a story. It is pretty unlikely the platform your watching it off is going to have all your godam franchises. Knock it off already!!!
40 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great for children up to 6, dangerously bad for everyone else.
letterempfang21 June 2016
This show really makes you wish to be able to go back into the mind of a little child. Unfortunately, if you have an IQ higher than that of a 6 year old or are not a complete idiot, you will witness the absolute murderfest of a character you may have held dear and loved all your life.

The writers absolutely POOP right on the most basic writing rules. They are write themselves into corners, then just go to cheap tools to erase it, only to write themselves into the next corner.

So it happens that the Flash is fast enough to vibrate through a gasoline truck, hell, he's even so fast, that he goes back in time! But... wait, there's a guy with some bees, and the Flash is powerless. Oh noes, a guy who has little toys that will follow you: Flash is powerless. A guy with a gun that shoots a ray of ice that travels slower than the water of a waterhose? Flash is powerless. Oh, did I say that the Flash can catch a bullet that is being shot at the back of his head, without turning around? Yeah, that is no problem.

But everything else is. So he relies on a team of specialists, who work in a high tech underground lab - that any enemy can penetrate, as long as they have a hand to open the door lol.

The acting: The actors really try as hard as they can to be worse than the writing, and they almost make it. But like when trying to act, they fail here too. Iris and her Dad have the range of glue stuck to glue, and everybody else does a really awful at it too.

There is NO consistency, no logic, no real drama (who EVER thought for one second, that Barry really is about to die? be honest!). The show is just one big assassination of one of DCs coolest and (normally) funniest characters.

I wish I could be at the intellectual level of a plant or gum under the table, cause then I could enjoy the series about one of my favorite characters. But anybody with a sliver of intelligent, won't be able to enjoy that trainwreck of a insult to sentient beings.

And this is the toned down version of my review.
120 out of 173 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kill Iris (Slow and Violent plz) and I'll give you 10
captain-9725728 January 2019
The plot of every season (after season 3): 1) Iris is nagging and acts as the boss's wife role commands 2) Villain appears and beats the crap out of Flash 3) Iris is worried and nagging 4) Barry tries to calm her down but it is still the beginning of the season so he fails 5) Somewhere in the middle of the season the rest of the crew are making they're appears as 50 year old teenagers. 6) Iris is still nagging and is in danger now 7) Barry calms her down and she says that she believes in THEM since THEY are the Flash. 8) Half of the last episode team flash (without Iris but she takes credit) manage to defeat the villain using team spirit and love. The other half of the season finale is boring celebration but at least Iris stopped nagging.

Next season: Go to 1

THIS IS WHY YOU GIVE THE HERO THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE JUST BEFORE THE SHOW ENDS, TO AVOID THE 85% OF CRAP AND NAGGING!!!
28 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Run Barry Run
bprotonmail12 November 2018
The show was cool at the beginning Harry Caitlin and Cisco carried the show. meanwhile the relation between Barry and Iris destroyed it. Iris is just selfish stupid girl and Barry felt more of an idiot than a Hero. and Tom Cavanagh - Harry- was great being the maestro. to make Iris lead the flash team was just nail in the coffin. I I literally felt my IQ EQ dropping. I watched the 4th and 5th seasons like flash watched tv shows he missed after coming back from speed force.
28 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What is wrong with the Director?
soumavr21 December 2017
Pushing too much drama into a super hero story and ruining everything. To make it interesting to some stupid people or the director himself, characters start behaving awkwardly in respect to their personality. And, what is up with Iris thing? She became a super smart bad ass from a news reporter now? I wish she was killed by Savitar and there was less drama. Director is pushing drama everywhere, and most of them are not needed. It has become an idiotic series. Now on the 8th episode of season 4, what the hell happened from last episode? Why the hell do you need to bring homosexuality to it in one single episode? No offense on homosexuality but is all these really needed on those scenes? Just injecting these like injecting Barry and Iris marriage plan drama and Joe becoming father drama, and even sometimes Wells singing and dancing drama and everyone is joining? What the hell is this? 1977 family drama series or 2017 super hero one? WAKE UP! I had given it 9 star rating till season 3.. after watching these episodes of season 4 I can give it more than 4. WATCHING THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME !
74 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iris is the most irritating character of a very cliche show (till Season 3)
user-651-7269968 March 2018
I watched season 1 long back and was disappointed. I loved the science and the speed but the character Iris was irritating as hell. So I stopped watching The Flash. But then justice League happened. I wanted to watch The Flash again and I did. But then adding to Iris there was this teen like kid flash. The episodes keep pissing me off as it goes by. Hope they change the writers.
49 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Annoying daughter
waugh-2822528 January 2019
I really like this show. Its goofy, fun and has some decent villains. I like all the characters, even Iris. But this season has brought in a new character who is ruining the show. The Flash's and Iris's daughter has shown up from the future. I know the acting isn't always the best in this show, but she has taken it to a whole new crappy level. She is irritating, and always has a pouty face. Its literally her only range of emotion she has. Her storyline is lame and again she is the WORST actor. Please........... get rid of her asap. I am really close to stopping watching this show, which is too bad because I've been watching from day one.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Childish...
radiantheta13 September 2015
This is my first time writing a review, but that's just how irritating this show was for me, one word to describe this show is cliché. First of all the show is so repetitive, the villain makes a first appearance and the flash with all his speed and abilities has to lose to the villain at first and then go prepare himself in star labs then he beats the villain in a rather disappointing showdown, excuse me but İ find it illogical that the flash would stop right before catching a shapeshifter just to tell him "You cant outrun me" resulting in his escape, really ? what a cliché. And yes the inconsistency of the flash's powers why isn't he able to avoid getting punched ? or speed his way out of a group of bees ? or avoid getting hit by a freezing/fire throwing gun ? it's just lazy on the writers' side to not try and find real challenges to his abilities instead of just contradicting the powers he shows in other unnecessary aspects of his life. Show is also full of plot holes, star labs is the place where everything about barry's identity is kept secret yet people just keep barging in on them like iris confirming the flash's identity, also how eddie keeping barry's identity a secret is affecting his relationship with iris is beyond me it's like they're begging for something to fill the episodes with, not to mention the corny dialogue. Also if cisco put his mind to it he can cure cancer.
106 out of 157 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A bland and poorly written show that contradicts itself !!!
catchlegendhere25 April 2016
"My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive" - But every other speedster on the show is 100000000 times faster than this piece of poorly written and played character(even the new speedsters who just got their speed). "I hunted down the man who killed my mother" - No duh you did. He didn't even remotely hunt him down, it's actually the opposite way around and in the end it was not even him who defeated the reverse flash. It was because of eddie the reverse flash was defeated. And Gaaaawwwddddd !! The actor is terrible.He always talks as if he's got a tampon size ice cube up his arse. Not to mention the writing of the show is so cringeworthy, the flash heavily depends on other character's advice to use his powers. The flash himself is an intelligent personality who can figure counter measures on his own. Remember with his ability to run faster came the ability to think faster and better.

This show gets pretty REPETITIVE. A new villain shows up in an episode -> Flash shows up -> Gets beating -> Runs like a pussy -> Takes advice from his friends -> They come up with some lame and pretty basic advice -> Flash returns to villain with his new "move" and you know how it goes. What is this ? Power rangers ? This series is not even remotely close to the comic version of flash. Just a bunch of immature people getting together to destroy a good comic character. For the people who are watching Flash for the first time- Please do not judge flash's powers based on this series. This is an utter disaster and the Flash is not as dumb or whiny as they depict him in this show.
105 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Could not possibly suck worse
swluvsgod10 March 2019
Season one of The Flash was brilliant! Season two was pretty good. I should have stopped watching then but noooo, trying to be loyal....I suffered through seasons three and four. But season five is where I draw the line. Everything that was once good about this show is gone. Tom Cavanagh should have left after season two. He's better than this.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining but assumes the viewers are morons
riverzak28 January 2015
When I was a lad back in the 60s my favourite super heroes were The Flash and Green Lantern. I'll discuss the horror that was the recent Green Lantern movie in that thread.

I was really looking forward to the 2014 version of The Flash. While John Wesley Shipp made a great Flash back in 1990, the writers just had to inject the usual cornball humour that ruined the show for me. The 2014 Flash suffers from a different problem. The writers assume that the viewers are morons. Two examples follow:

In one episode, Flash fights an opponent who can turn to steel. He defeats him with a risky move that requires him to run at supersonic speed, then enter a building and punch the villain. If the theory is wrong The Flash dies. Here's an idea. How about using the same speed to launch something like a brick at him? In either case, though, how does one stop in the length of a high school corridor when one is traveling at supersonic speed?

But the biggest problem is that the writers continue to ignore the fact that The Flash can run really really fast. That's kind of the whole basis of the series. Check out the episode where he is up against Captain Cold and Heat Wave. The two villains are in the middle of the street and the only way he can defeat them is to get hit by both guns at the same time? We just saw Barry serve coffee to a room full of customers without being detected (because he can run really really fast - get it?). Here's an idea. Run really really fast and take their guns away before they can fire them.

Then there's the other option. As my son and I watched the show we repeatedly turned to each other and said the single word, "sniper". Somehow all those police just overlooked the fact that they carry guns and neither of the villains was wearing a bullet proof vest. And even if they were. Head shot! Duh!

So I am tired of being treated like a moron. I think I'll be passing on future episodes. Pity.
225 out of 352 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its just bout making money!
puck-4557819 May 2016
Sry for my English - i am from Germany!

I'm still watching this sh..t, just because i like the flash and there are some good animations where he moves fast. I don't have anything against the actors -still they upset me sometimes with the artificial drama. The most annoying is the story - the logical things. They try to force so much science into the episodes but they violate the basic laws of physics at the same time.

For example: Why must flash punch the giant gorilla with his hand??? Pick a f...g steel bar, speed up to mach-8 and punch the gorilla with the steel bar - that would be clever! Punching the gorilla with the hand on mach-8 is just stupid and you risk damage to the hand, nobody would do that - and you can apply this example to every episode!

Then there is "Mr. Cold" or whatever he is called. He is not even a real enemy to the flash. He cant do sh..t against flash with his canon. And why does flash have to run into the ice-cannon and fire-cannon at the same time to defeat the villains? Again do the same trick with the steel bar (like with the gorilla) and there would never be a problem.

There is something the writers and directors need to understand: The flash is so fast that it is difficult to find a real enemy for him. Still this is the challenge - to find a villain who beats flash with speed or with his cleverness - the reversed flash was a nice try (with his dead again not being logical).

No creativity, no logic - just stupid scripts.
123 out of 187 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it till season 3
Phylum221 November 2017
Loved this series till season 3, which is just plain farce.

Since Barry came back, the first three episodes have been shockingly awful.

Have the writers run out of ideas and resorted to plain old cheap laughs, no right, it ain't funny! Run out of money maybe?

I know Flash has always been lighter in theme than the other of the Marvel stable. However, season three, so far has been terribly bad.
34 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Most of the rating comes from fan bias
sdrawkcabbackwardsisback4 February 2015
The spoilers here are very minor and will not affect your experience if you're the average person. Still, better safe than sorry. WRITING (Conflicts, character actions, and dialogue) The writing in this show is less than impressive. There is no such thing as subtlety and half the dialogue is them throwing in the word "fast" for the hell of it. At one point, a character says to some random thug "Freeze! Now, get on the ground or do you wanna find out the hard way that you're not faster than a bullet?" I'm actually quite certain that the line verbatim is worse than that. A lot of plot points make no sense, and this is a huge problem with The Flash in general. The Flash is so fast that few conflicts are actually conflicts for The Flash, but rather than being creative and trying to think up interesting conflicts, they make the characters mentally incompetent to the point that The Flash, who can dodge a bullet, cannot dodge a punch. This actually becomes the main plot point of an entire episode. His inability to dodge attacks at normal speed makes no sense. Also, he has a tendency to block bullets that he doesn't even know are there. In one episode, he reaches behind him and pinches a random spot behind his neck and there just happens to be a bullet there for him to block! What an ESSENTIALLY IMPOSSIBLE COINCIDENCE! That is the laziest writing ever. "We need our character to get shot at without getting shot. Let's just have him randomly reach back for some reason, I'm sure we'll figure it out in post." There's an episode where he has to catch three motorcyclists. So, he runs to each of them, takes them to a police station and handcuffs them to a pole like he always does. I'm just kidding, he creates roadblocks where he thinks they'll go so that he can make all the motorcyclists go towards each other, and then they won't know how to move past each other, so they'll stop and the police can get them, at which point there will be an utterance of "Checkmate." That last bit is also not a joke. That happened. This is actually something that a producer and a team of writers looked over and said "Nothing wrong here. Onwards to production!" Also, this is My Little Pony with adults watching (so, just My Little Pony...with Rainbow Dash as the main character, I suppose). They like to have Aesops to each episode, and they're very basic moral lessons, or even broken ones, and then they'll do what's essentially a Dear Celestia inner monologue at the end of each episode. "Today, I learned..." Really? There's no subtlety in the character development at all. At certain points, I swear the characters literally look at the camera and go "I've really changed today. I used to think A and now I think B." Here's a bit of dialogue meant to be badass. (Right before Barry's about to leave.) "Barry." (Barry stops to see why his peer decided to stop him during this urgent mission.) "Yes?" "Run." CONSISTENCY There is no consistency with Barry's powers. The effects of running really fast (friction, air compression, etc.) turn on and off randomly. At one point, a woman's shirt burns off despite that making no sense whatsoever, presumably because one of the writers thought that the actress was hot and knew he had the power to get her to reveal a little more. As I mentioned before, he just decides not to dodge punches. Or grab people's weapons to disarm them. He also runs slow enough for The Arrow to see him and aim at him when he's fast enough to see bullets. Bullets are so fast that 500 feet away, all you can do is blink before the bullet reaches you. Otherwise, you're completely still. Everything should be frozen for Barry, but he runs at the speed of a falcon from time to time. TECHNICALITIES Bullets and guns. Don't expect them to make sense. Physics. Chemistry. Science in general. Tensile strength being a huge factor when hitting someone? Hearing a sonic boom from something that hasn't gotten to you yet? A gun that creates the heat of the Big Bang? A needle the heat of the Sun would kill everyone in at least a one thousand mile radius. A warehouse the heat of all the energy in the universe (which, you might notice, doesn't make sense) would evaporate all matter in the entire solar system. But no worries here, just some second degree burns (these were normal humans that got second degree burns, not The Flash, so no superpowers to withstand the energy of the entire universe there). 500 proof alcohol? Iron oxide being uncommon? Turn your brain off or get a hemorrhage. It's nice to see The Flash moving about with live actors (though poor actors), but that's it. That's the only pro. That's all this show gets.
330 out of 532 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
People with logic and a brain in general should avoid
aravindsri13 January 2018
Maybe CW has taken it upon itself to ruin a great character from the DC Universe!!! Probably a child who has never been exposed to genres of movies which never make people think would enjoy this. A show full of stupid plot holes and unnecessary nagging in the form of emotions.... Worthless emotions are given importance rather than good character building and meaningful backstories. Literally the viewership would spike if they kill off stupid emotions and IRIS WEST and bring in some meaningful story!!!!!!
99 out of 152 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terribly slow and boring
kmbw-9235714 November 2018
When the show first came out it was exciting. Now, it has become so slow and boring that it's almost painful to watch. And what's up with this fake French accented scientist guy? The using the same actor to play different parts? What is that all about? Is there a shortage of actors? It has become more like a soap opera than a superhero show. The writers really need to do better hire new writers. And the love affair between Flash and his wife seems so misplaced. The constant little psychological emotional dilemmas and squabbles is not interesting at all. Flash needs to be Flash. And including Nora as the child from the future makes the whole thing seems so confusing as well as Nora having too many damn problems. Stop killing the show please.
23 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.