Archaeology Professor Neil Martin hasn't done field work in fifteen years, ever since his divorce and needing to take care of his son, Colin. Now twenty, Colin convinces his father to accept an assignment offered by Kathryn Keen of Poly Dynamics, a research company that tries to find solutions to global issues. That assignment, which continues the work of a now deceased Professor Robert Bowles, looks into an unusual find in a lead mine in Peru. After traveling to the site with Colin and Kathryn, Neil believes the find, a tablet with some astrological glyphs, including one of Planet X - the ninth planet - is part of a key to some recent natural and destructive phenomenon, including a couple of meteor storms, one which killed Dr. Bowles and one which almost killed Colin. They also uncover a seemingly radioactive stone buried behind the tablet. He believes the stone and the tablet are only parts of the puzzle to the reason behind the destructive natural phenomenon, twelve which will ...Written by
Aaron Douglas, who plays the lead Agent cusses, using the word "fracking". Aaron Douglas was in Battlestar Galactica (2004), where "frack" and "fracking" were the main expletives throughout the series. See more »
When in the bunker looking at the signs that had already occurred and predicting what would be likely for cancer the sign they were looking at is Pisces. See more »
Should be called: DISASTER! - Signs of the coming poo storm
Watched this movie while on my exercise bike and I am not sure what was more painful - my burning thighs or my burning eyes. Signs of why it should be called DISASTER! - Signs of the coming poo storm
1. The whole movie looks like it was shot in rural Canada - you want me to believe you are in Peru try not have Canadian Pine trees in the scene behind you.
2. The graphics were rendered by Community College students.
3.The actors and actresses all play typical one dimensional characters. Teenage soon - aggressive hates his Dad, Dad loves his son but can't communicate to him.
4. Roping in Christopher Lioyd to play none other than a scientist - and a drunk one at that! I reckon he was really drunk for the roll once he realized what a crap movie he was on. Oh the things we do to pay the bills dear Christoper.
5. Plot holes filled with poo
6. The so called Dept of Defense unit act as though they are managing an order at McDonalds.
7. Car out runs a tsunami!!!!!
8 The Dept of Defense leader goes in ALONE!? in the final showdown and tells the heli piolt to f off like he is some badass then he proceeds to fight like a school kid. While the main lead scientist who is suppose to be a big nerd seems to fight like he was a pro wrestler when the time comes for it.
9. Most "events" involve using giant fans to blow lots of dirt around - waiting for when poo would hit the fan. Tornado can suck up a woman but cant lift a truck or anything around them..
10. Syfy channel funding.
I can see the ambition but its better to pool some more money to make a better movie (please spend more money on FX) than produce little poo storms :-)
There is a scene where they threw in a saying from Back to the Future "Great Scott" Dr Emmitt Brown says this on the classic "Back to the Future"I think the actors all knew this was one big joke of a movie and where to busy trying to impress Christopher Lloyd than worry about the poo storm of a movie they were on.
9 of 14 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this