The Conjuring 2 (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated R for terror and horror violence|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex or nudity of any kind.
- One sexual innuendo, very brief.
- Brief mention of 'French kissing' made by a pre-teen girl.
Violence & Gore
- A ghost makes a death threat through a girl.
- In a vision, Ed is impaled by a sharp tree trunk. Very brief and no blood is shown.
- A demon possessed girl almost commits suicide by jumping out of a window, but she is stopped at the last second.
- Lorraine (looking through the eyes of a serial killer) shoots 6 people in their sleep with a shotgun. Brief, but there is still blood shown.
- People are confronted by a demonic spirit in a violent manner. Characters being violently hurled against the walls of rooms, being nearly stabbed, bitten, strangled etc. but nothing explicit.
- Some religious uses of "hell" and "damn". Other than that, there's pretty much no foul language.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A girl is accused of smoking. She says that she was just holding it for someone else.
- A prepubescent girl is seen smoking a cigarette.
- There is some scenes of smoking between adult characters.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A demon nun is present in the film, and looks very disturbing.
- There are lots of jumpscares in the film. Some of them are very effective, including a ghost suddenly screaming "MY HOUSE!" behind a girl, and a demon popping out from behind a painting of a creepy nun, while still holding the painting in its hands.
- There is not a lot of violence in the film, but it is still incredibly scary nonetheless.
- (Deleted. Personal opinions about ratings are not appropriate for the Parents Guide.)
- Some jumpscares can make peoples hearts jump.
- There are frequent prolonged scenes of strong threat and horror. Almost the whole movie is intense.
- There are some brief moments of emotional intensity/distress, but nothing too upsetting.
- There are several prolonged scenes in which children are terrorised by a supernatural threat, often in the form of demonic or ghostly spirits, and scenes in which a girl is possessed by an evil spirit.
- An young girl speaks in a very deep and demonic voice, implying that a demon has possessed her body, which has a very sinister laugh, which may cause discomfort to some viewers.