Better Call Saul (TV Series 2015–2022) Poster

(2015–2022)

Easily one of the greatest shows of all time
warriorytx7 March 2021
People who are fans of Breaking Bad should definitely watch this it expands the Albuquerque criminal underworld to unparalleled heights. It's easily one of the most tragic, beautifully written and directed shows of all time and for me at least is at the top of the list of my favourite shows it's tied with Breaking Bad. I'm not really someone who's into the crime genre but this show as well as Breaking Bad are two all time great crime dramas that I actually LOVE. It's a master class of writing and direction. This show is the fastest show I've binged I finished the first 4 seasons in a matter of 3 days. Season 5 isn't out in Canada on Netflix yet.
130 out of 135 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It just keeps getting better and thats unheard of!!
brenden3325 April 2020
Someone is responsible for making this such an outstanding show, year after year. The intelligence in dialogue, empathy for characters, twists and expectations are genius. Breaking bad, The X Files are 2 other badges of brilliance. We are privileged to be living in this time as we might have been if living during Shakespeare. This may seem over the top but the scores are on the board, Vince Gilligan. Please correct or remove if I am wrong!
338 out of 366 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Saul definitely deserves love too from Breaking Bad fans.
rainerraff-875196 May 2020
One thing that stopped me from watching this movie is because I knew this show has nothing to do with Walter White, the man that makes Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad. I believe most people also think the same.

Personally, after rewatching Breaking Bad few times, I have come to the conclusion that there is nobody in the show that I love from the beginning until the last second. What I like the most is the character development for all the important characters.

Then? What does it have to do with Better Call Saul? I believe I love this show as much as Breaking Bad because of the exact reason. I REALLY love how every character behaves and develops in this show. What more fascinating is, this show has everything you like from Breaking Bad. Tension, emotions, atmosphere, character flaws, good antagonists, you name it. One other similarity this show has, this show gets better when it is closer to the end. (I know, it has not ended yet) You really don't want to miss every second of it.

I can assure you, all Breaking Bad fans, your love to this show will be AT LEAST as big as your love to Breaking Bad. Easiest 10/10 after Breaking Bad.
225 out of 245 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Special
baywoodarborist3 September 2020
The makers of this series and Breaking Bad were in the freakin zone without a doubt.
124 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's like water pot on low flame....
amoghjadhav-366293 May 2021
With every episode it gets heated a bit...... and you won't even realise when the water stars boiling......
32 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
extremely underrated
onnodewettinck14 December 2019
This show deserves more recognition. Better Call Saul is the most clever show I have ever watched. The acting, cinematography, the story, the writing, it's amazing. Some times even better than Breaking Bad.
430 out of 497 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 6 couldn't be more late
samsepiol695 September 2020
Yet another masterpiece delivered by the amazing Vince Gilligan. Everything about this show is almost perfect. The writing, acting, cinematography are just beautiful. Also one of my favourite aspects about this show is the character development, and how well it covers two different parts of it's whole timeline (Jimmy/Saul's life at first and then getting into Gus Fring and the Cartel), something that hasn't been done as well in Breaking Bad. I truly think this show is one of the most underrated around and would definitely recommend watching it
68 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An easy 10
omarrafeh9027 September 2020
I don't remembering rating and reviewing a TV show before but for better call Saul I had to. Its just too good.
49 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely One of the best TV Shows Of the Decade!
mokoyoko8 September 2020
The 2 seasons are kinda slow but trust me it gets better every episode and i love all of the scenes in Better Call Saul!
42 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
#1 on my "Favorite Shows of All Time" list
tdinscoe11 May 2021
Amazing acting, fantastic writing and great cinematography. This is the best show I've ever watched. It replaced 'Breaking Bad' as my #1 favorite show. If you haven't seen 'Breaking Bad' yet, watch it before you watch this -- it'll make the experience much better. 'Better Call Saul' is a masterpiece that should absolutely be experienced by anyone who's a fan of 'Breaking Bad'. This is television at its finest. Highly recommended.
14 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hear me out it is important!!!
blndbahaden5 March 2021
If you have seen breaking bad and haven't seen this masterpiece of a show and you're hesitating don't just watch the first episode of the show and it will hook you but if you haven't seen breaking bad i suggest that you should watch breaking bad first forget the timeline and forget that breaking bad is after better call saul there are some things in breaking bad that are presentend as mysteries and if you watch this they are no more mysterious and no more exciting.
14 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just one word: FABULOUS! :D
midnitepantera2 May 2021
I first wondered if this spin off from Breaking Bad would be any good, as many spin-offs usually fail. But the acting, writing, directing, characters, situations, just EVERY THING about this show is So WELL DONE! And even the music is Fabulous. Long Live Saul Goodman! Hooray!!! :D. A MUST WATCH for Breaking Bad fans and EVERYONE Else Too!!
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As darkly comic and multilayered as Breaking Bad, yet very much its own thing
gogoschka-19 February 2015
So here it is at last: one of the most highly anticipated new TV-shows of the year, the spin-off from probably THE most highly praised TV-show in the history of Television. Naturally, expectations were over the roof - and it was a forgone conclusion that meeting those expectations would be next to impossible. Well, here's the good news. Judging from the first couple of episodes, 'Better Call Saul' will be good. Just how good remains to be seen, but as far as promises go, those first episodes made a big one.

For those who haven't seen it yet: relax - I won't spoil a thing about the storyline. Instead, I'll concentrate on all other aspects of the show. The first thing you notice (as was the case with Breaking Bad) is the camera. The photography is simply gorgeous. All the visual trademarks I've grown to love so much in BB are there: the playful camera angles; the creative ways to establish even a simple scene with unusual, interesting shots (yet without ever distracting from the storytelling) - it's just beautiful to look at.

Then there's the music. From the wonderful introductions (before the opening credits) to the last scene of an episode, music is not just used as background "noise": carefully picked songs are there to give clues and are as much an integral part of the story as they help establish the tone of certain scenes. And the original music by Dave Porter feels as organic to 'Better Call Saul' as it did in 'Breaking Bad'.

The writing, directing and acting (so far) are on par with BB; anyone afraid this would be a rushed production trying to surf on BB's success can relax; not for a second did I get the feeling this was somehow not well thought through or cheaply constructed by a committee of writers - and although we do of course get some of our favorite characters back, new ones are introduced that promise to be just as original and interesting as the ones that helped turn BB into a cultural phenomenon. And adding high calibre actors such as Michael McKean ('This Is Spinal Tap') to the cast is probably an indication that Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould will not content themselves - or us - by mainly exploring the characters we already know.

And then, finally, there's the magnificent Bob Odenkirk. Starting off as a slightly one-dimensional character and comic relief in BB, the character we've come to love as the sleazy, slick Saul Goodman has already shown more layers in the first half of the first season of 'Better Call Saul' than over his entire run on BB. And that's as much thanks to Odenkirk as the fantastic writing: the actor obviously relished the opportunity to show what he's capable of as his character charms, squirms and threatens his way through his scenes, but - somewhat unexpectedly - he also manages to move you during the more quiet moments.

To sum up my overall impressions: 'Better Call Saul' is a darkly comic, multilayered story that could end up being just as unusual and exciting as we all dared to hope. The tone may be consistent with 'Breaking Bad', but make no mistake: this is very much its own thing. The writing, directing and acting - as well as the production values - are top notch, and if what we've seen so far is anything to go by, we're in for a great first season of a very promising new show. My (provisional) rating: 9 stars out of 10

Favorite films: http://www.IMDb.com/list/mkjOKvqlSBs/

Lesser-known Masterpieces: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls070242495/

Favorite Low-Budget and B-movies: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls054808375/

Favorite TV-Shows reviewed: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls075552387/
490 out of 609 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant!
Supermanfan-1318 May 2021
Better Call Saul has an 8.7 rating for a reason...because it's such an incredible show! It's not only one of the best shows currently on tv but it's also one of the best of all-time! The acting & storytelling are so good that it really does becomes addictive to watch. There's a reason why this show is always nominated for so many awards and that's because it's amazing! People always want to compare it to Breaking Bad because it's a spin-off but don't. It's not quite as good but it's pretty darn close! If you are a fan of Breaking Bad then this is an absolute must watch!
25 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Supposed to be boring but surprisingly never boring
tekobey11 March 2021
Normally this kind of attached serials are getting bored easily however this serie is getting more and more original on each season by little details.
30 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thank god I decided to give this a chance
grahamvandyke10 December 2018
Let's face facts: Spin-off TV shows tend to fare poorly to the original content. I was furious when I heard about the spin-off to the amazing Break Bad. Nonetheless centering around the buffoonish clown of a character Saul Goodman?! I was livid and heartbroken. I wanted Breaking bad to end on a high note and not let this potential disaster ruin it's legacy.

Breaking Bad was an absolute masterpiece of a show, with an amazing story, script, cinematography; you name it, it's there. But the one thing that made Breaking Bad shine, and in my option, be one of the greatest series ever made was it's deep, deep burial into the characters that made us either absolutely love or loath them. It didn't rely on special effects and had no fat to it whatsoever. No other show encapsulated a slow unfurling of characters so well that it was as if we were getting to know them in our real lives.

I finally decided to give Better Call Saul a shot after hating it's first episode on release. I figured, maybe I could eventually forget about the fact that it was attached to my favorite TV show, and when everybody who watches it is telling you it's amazing, there must be something there.. right?

Boy, were they right. Better Call Saul is just as good as it's predecessor. It maintains it's very high standard to every aspect of the production, and most of all, character development, motivation and relationships are centerfold once more. It is easy to find Better Call Saul even better than Breaking Bad, although I would chalk this up to it being more current and therefore more in the forefront of our minds in the Breaking Bad universe. If you, like me, have hesitated to give this show a shot for the same reasons, stop it. Let yourself feel uncomfortable for the 1st half of the first season, and then let it get it's clutches into you.

I'm so, so very happy I finally decided to give Better Call Saul a shot again 4 years later. With no hesitation, 10/10.
369 out of 463 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just wonderful
papugomezxd12 March 2021
This serie is just wonderful, the characters, story, screenplay, all, just wonderful
18 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best!
Supermanfan-131 September 2020
Better Call Saul has a 8.7 rating for a reason and that's because it's fantastic! It's not only one of the best shows currently on tv but it's also one of the best shows ever created! The acting, writing, storytelling, etc. are all so good that it becomes addictive to watch. There's a reason why this show is always nominated for so many awards and that's because it's fantastic! People always want to compare it to Breaking Bad because it's a spin-off but don't. It's not quite as good but it's pretty darn close! If you are a fan of Breaking Bad then this is an absolute must watch!
41 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than you would expect
petterctandberg20 April 2021
This is the best sequel to a show ever. Bob Odenkirk is just outstanding and an extremely underrated actor, the same goes to Rhea Seehorn, Jonathan Banks and the rest of the cast! 10/10 no doubt.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What else can you ask for???
nuttymeow19 April 2021
Everything is perfect in this TV series. From season 1 to 5. Music, cinematography, character development, acting, plot....... I just can't think of one thing that needs to be improved / changed / or can be complained about.

To me, character development is the key to a successful story telling. The advantage of a TV series over a movie is that it gives so much more space for a character to develop over the course of time. In "Better Call Sual", as you go along with the series, you are growing with each of the character. It is like unpeeling the layers of onions slowly in front of you. You truly understand why the characters are behaving they way they are. And all these are implicit. You have to make the guess. But all the details are all laid out there for you to understand.

If you enjoy being a witness of how a person develops into someone who he/she is today, this TV series is for you. You witness the inter- , intra-psychic of the characters. And when they are put in a certain circumstance, you understand why they are behaving the way they did.

So there are no real villains in the movies. We are all humans.

And needless to say, the plot, the story itself is top-notch. Very entertaining. With twists and turns to keep you watching. I binged watch all 5 seasons in two weeks. Eyes draining afterward but this TV series definitely worths a 10 in all aspects.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Writing is superb!
bobbocharlie5 May 2021
The writing team and their incredible wit and humor surpasses many many other series I've watched before. The creativity astonishes me. Amazing job!
16 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show has filled the Breaking Bad gap in my heart.
frewars10 February 2015
I loved every second of the first two episodes of Better Call Saul. We are beginning the season with many strings left untied but I have complete faith in all questions being answered. If you loved Breaking bad for all the reasons I did including the cinematography, music, scenery, characters and most of all the story line, then you will love this. I apologize for going slightly off topic but in looking back at the breaking bad episode with the fly in the lab, some people found that they did not enjoy this episode, I on the other hand loved it. I appreciate the pure genius of the directing that goes behind every minute of the show. I understand and respect that people are entitled to their own opinion but after reading the negative reviews given here about "Better Call Saul" all I can say is that they don't get it, and that is OK. It is worth a watch because if you end up enjoying the show you wont just like it, you will love it. This is the next life changing show that will become something you look forward to for many years. I am truly excited for what's to come.
484 out of 638 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's Saul Good Man !
Excellent prequel to the Breaking Bad series, stands alone as top quality TV, brilliant cast, great writing, looking forward to the (final?) season (review written May 2021)
Great, great, great!
mpop-8119216 April 2021
This show is def. Underrated. There are masterpiece scenes in it. Acting is top of the line (how come Bob O. Never won a prestigious award so far?) Binge watched seasons 1-5, couldn't watch anything else for a while. Missing Kim + Jimmy and the rest. When is season 6 ready?
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2 different storylines both good.
philstanford-6846513 February 2021
Seems to me like there is really 2 storylines here the Saul/Jimmy story then the Mike/Gus outside of meeting a few times not sure how they tie in together but overall a good show I recommend especially if you like breaking bad alot of characters come back. Love Mike I'd like a show of just him but this is solid glad they kept the Breaking Bad life going.