The Water Diviner (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated R for war violence including some disturbing images|
Sex & Nudity
- A man digs a well and we later see him removing the shirt in a long shot before taking an outdoor shower.
- A lake scene shows several men bathing in the water. Very briefly the camera spans, showing multiple men's backsides.
- In a Turkish bath, shirtless men wear long towels on their waist.
- A woman uses bread dough to form the genitals of a man and another woman giggles.
- A man stays in an Istanbul hotel run by a war widow and becomes friendly with her; she tells him that during marriage arrangements, the sweeter the coffee served, the deeper the love will be.
- A man and woman share a candlelight dinner late at night, talking, smiling and looking into each other's eyes.
- A widow's brother-in-law demands that she marry him, but she stalls, thinking that her husband is still alive; she visits the brother-in-law's house, where she is told that the man will visit her each third night and later the widow refuses to marry the man.
- A woman who lives in a hotel wears a lot of makeup and a man refers to her using a derogatory term.
- A man accuses a male soldier of having been to a brothel, but the soldier only smiles and admits he has heard of it.
- A husband pulls his wife out of a pond and the thin fabric of her outfit is soaked. The sheer white fabric briefly shows outline of the breast and nipples.
Violence & Gore
- Several intense war scenes. Many people are stabbed, shot and blown apart.
- A man is injured in an explosion. Two others run to help him and are shot down by a machine gun. One mans face has been half blown off, and is shown in detail. The other dies a slow death. Both die on top of the first man, who is awake.
- A main character is beaten by her brother-in-law, before another character pulls him off.
- A man begs his older brother to shoot him, and he does.
- A man is attacked and beaten by four other men with wooden sticks.
- There is some swearing but it does not dominate in the dialogue. Jesus Christ is not used, nor are the more offensive expletives.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man goes outback of his hotel to swig from his flask. A man offers cigarettes to two men, one in which declines, although the second man take a handful and places them in his jacket pocket. Multiple men partake in shots and alcoholic beverages during a celebratory scene. A man searches a satchel for something useful, throws away bread and keeps a bottle of alcohol in which two men partake.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man runs into a sandstorm to rescue his children.
- Many soldiers get killed during intense and gory scenes.