Far from the Madding Crowd (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some sexuality and violence|
Sex & Nudity
- At a wedding, the groom brings cases of beer to the men. They soon drunk, and begin singing a sexual song, about a lover who creeps through a woman's window, and creeps and crawls over her (sex), thrusting and she moaning. Than 40 weeks later "the baby comes brawling, I don't regret that creeping and crawling". Appalled by the men's contempt for them and their relevance that they see woman as sexaul toys for men's enjoyment, the women leave.
- The film contains some mild sexual references, including a scene where a man rests his hand on the lower body of a clothed woman as he kisses her, and another scene where a bare-chested man is seen kissing a woman on the bed.
- On the digital-versatile-disc (DVD) of this film, there is a quick glimpse of a naked man's genitalia, with his back facing the camera, in the extra features/bonus materials section.
Violence & Gore
- One woman, pregnant, goes into labor. Her casket is rolled through town. On it, "_________ and Child". The woman receives the casket and lights candles around it. Her longsuffering lover wipes the chalk reading "and Child" off the casket. She, grieving for herself, her loss of thyme and her abusive marriage to a cad, prys open the casket. She is shocked as she sees the woman laying in the casket with her newborn baby.
- In addition, the film contains a brief scene of violence depicting a man being shot dead.
- In another scene which may be disturbing for younger viewers, a sheep that is chased by a dog, falls to its death as it plunges from a cliff. This is followed by a scene depicting a beach that is lined with dead sheep.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man shows a case of bourbon to guests at a wedding reception.
- Several men are shown drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
Violence & Gore
- One man, rumored to be drowned, appears out of nowhere, and trys to abuse his wife, who has been mourning not for him but for her, and shot dead by her suitor. It is graphic, we see bullet and the corpse flinch. He bleeds. The man is later sent to jail but is spared, though Tess of the D'Ubervilles wasn't.