The Lazarus Effect (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of horror violence, terror and some sexual references|
Sex & Nudity
- A girl is shown shirtless briefly, no nipples are seen
Violence & Gore
- The opening credits show various forms of blood and gore.
- A dead dog, with cataracts, is injected with a syrum and electrocuted a few times, then violently jumps back to life, startling everyone around. Then thrashes and shows signs of aggression. His cataracts then disappear.
- Trying to recreate the dog resurrection, a woman is electrocuted (she was wearing a ring and we see the burnt wound) with bloodshot eyes. She dies as her friends cry.
- A man uses the serum to attempt to resurrect his electrocuted girlfriend. He punctures the injection needle into her brain through her temple, we hear a gross crunch. After hiding from a security guard, he checks on her and she is sitting up and grabs his arm staring deeply in shock.
- Throughout the movie, we see repeated visions of a burning building, charred hands under the door and a scared little girl.
- Zoe starts to rise off a couch while having a nightmare and opens her eyes and they appear completely black.
- A man walks into a room and is startled by Zoey and after rejecting affection from her, she uses telekinesis to throw him into a closet, and as he screams in terror, the closet starts to crunch and shrink crushing him. We see blood pour out of the bottom of the closet.
- A man and a woman run throughout a dark building to find Zoey. The man sees her at the end of a hallway and when he attempts to help her, her eyes turn black, she grabs his head, tilts it up and forces it down onto his spine (we hear a crunch), and then pushes hard into his temples. We see blood and bruising as his face swells up, his eyes go bloodshot, she screams and he dies falling to the ground.
- Zoe twists the woman's head breaking her neck.
- Zoe injects Frank with the serum in order to bring him back to life.
- To amp up her power, Zoe injects herself with an entire bag of the Lazarus Serum.
- Occasional profanity is heard, both casually and out of fear.
- 8 uses of sh*t, 1 uses of ass, 2 uses of dick (non-sexual)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man uses an electric cigarette throughout the movie, annoying his friends.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A pig violently thrashes on an operating table.
- A dog jumps to life from the dead.
- A man brings a woman back to life. She sits up under a sheet and grabs his arm, scaring him.
- A burning building with hands seen under a door and a little girl in the dark is shown a lot.
- A woman kills a dog. (This is done off screen and we never see the dogs body)
- A woman's voice deepens demonically.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The friends drink to celebrate the dog resurrection.