Lucy (I) (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, disturbing images, and sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- No actual nudity shown. In one scene A varmint looks down the white T-shirt of an innocent lady & reaches in to begin fondling & touching her breasts. However he did not succeeded (Because the lady wears a bra & she slaps his hand away before touching her breasts.). No nudity shown. No sexual activity. Thug is shirtless. The random couple had sex in the car. Only sexual movements can be seen. (less than 5 seconds). Some kissing.
- A man looks down the blouse of a woman and reaches in to begin fondling her breasts before she slaps his hand away.
- During a biological explanation about organisms and reproduction, several images of reproduction are shown, including a couple in the back of a car having sex. The woman on top of the man moving up and down.
- Several scenes flash of animals mating: bears, lions, etc., and then lastly a shot of a naked woman in a car thrusting strongly on top of a man in the passenger seat. It lasts a few short seconds. Shot from behind the car. It is at night. The woman is visible while the man is not.
- A woman talks about a rendezvous she has with a man that ended with them going to the 4 Seasons and they "made love all night."
- A woman briefly kisses a man.
- A woman awakens in a bed, wearing jeans and a bra that reveals some cleavage.
- A man shows tribal tattoos - no nudity.
- Five Native Americans are shown shirtless with their chest covered in colorful paints.
- A woman at home wears a bra that reveals a little cleavage.
Violence & Gore
- Several nameless people are shot throughout the movie.
- A man is shot, and a large amount of blood is sprayed against a window.
- We see the feet of two very recently-killed people, covered in blood. This sight causes Lucy to vomit. A man comes out of the room they were in. He washes his hands of a lot of blood.
- Lucy uses a pair of knives to impale a man's hands to an armchair. We don't see the wound, but we see a very realistic reaction, and she talks in detail about the pain he's feeling.
- There are a few surgery scenes, which are quite graphic. We see items being removed from incisions, and stitches being placed and undone.
- There is a car chase, during which many cars are flipped over or otherwise crashed.
- Lucy reaches her hand into a stitched-up incision of a corpse, not graphic.
- Lucy uses her bare hand to remove a bullet from her shoulder. She feels no pain, and it's not graphic.
- One not fully enunciated F-word at the beginning (you will only hear half of it), 4 scatological terms, 2 anatomical terms, 2 mild obscenities.
- Name-calling (crazy, fool. nut bar and silly.)
- Stereotypical references to drug dealers, drug mules, drug addicts, mob bosses, scientists, men and women.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- When the bag of the drug ruptures inside Lucy, she goes into convulsions, which occur on the floor, then the wall, and the ceiling.
- Some alcohol is consumed, but nobody gets drunk.
- A few characters smoke cigarettes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The first scene, which is lighthearted, becomes very intense very suddenly. Lucy is terrified by everything that happens around her. She visibly shakes throughout, and vomits at the sight of two dead bodies.
- Characters are used as drug mules, and the drugs are sewn up inside their intestines, requiring several bloody surgeries throughout the movie.
- Many chases and shoot outs with random death and destruction throughout.
- Lucy is grabbed, manhandled, punched, and kicked in several early scenes.
- The whole movie is very intense from beginning to end, because of the chases, shootouts, and constant suspense as Lucy builds how much cerebral capacity has gained from the fictional drug that her captors surgically implanted into her stomach, and three other captives.
Sex & Nudity
- A woman is chained to a wall while sitting on a chair and grins at a man who enters the room; wearing jeans, she spreads her legs and he approaches, unbuckling his belt (sex implied but she kills him instead; please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The plot revolves around a bag of a fictional drug. We see a junkie forced to snort a sample of it. He convulses for a moment, then laughs hysterically and uncontrollably. He is shot before it gets too annoying.
- When Lucy's body starts to fall apart (see below), she desperately eats a large portion of the drug, covering a lot of her face in blue crystals. Her skin absorbs most of them.