Lucy (I) (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
- Sex & Nudity (9)
- Violence & Gore (8)
- Profanity (3)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (3)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (4)
- Spoilers (2)
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, disturbing images, and sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- A random couple had sex in the car. Only sexual movements can be seen. (less than 5 seconds). Some kissing.
- A man looks down the blouse of a woman and reaches in to begin fondling her breasts before she slaps his hand away.
- A woman is chained to a wall while sitting on a chair, wearing jeans, she spreads her legs. The man unbuckles his belt. Nothing else sexual happens in this scene.
- Several scenes flash of animals mating: bears, lions, etc.
- A woman talks about a rendezvous she has with a man that ended with them going to the 4 Seasons and they "made love all night."
- A woman briefly kisses a man.
- A woman awakens in a bed, wearing jeans and a bra that reveals some cleavage.
- Five Native Americans are shown shirtless with their chest covered in colorful paints.
- A shot of a naked woman in a car, on top of a man in the passenger seat. It lasts a few short seconds. It is at night. The woman is visible while the man is not.
Violence & Gore
- Several nameless people are shot throughout the movie. Little blood spray
- A man is shot, and a small amount of blood is sprayed against a window.
- We see the feet of two very recently-killed people, Some blood is shown on the feet. This sight causes Lucy to vomit.
- Lucy uses a pair of knives to impale a man's hands to an armchair. We don't see it happen thought. All we hear is the man screaming
- There are a few surgery scenes, which are somewhat graphic. No Gore though
- There is a car chase, during which many cars are flipped over or otherwise crashed.
- Lucy reaches her hand into a stitched-up incision of a corpse, not graphic.
- Lucy uses her bare hand to remove a bullet from her shoulder. She feels no pain, and it's not graphic.
- One not fully enunciated F-word at the beginning (you will only hear half of it), 4 scatological terms, 2 anatomical terms, 2 mild obscenities.
- Name-calling (crazy, fool. nut bar and silly.)
- Stereotypical references to drug dealers, drug mules, drug addicts, mob bosses, scientists, men and women.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- When the bag of the drug ruptures inside Lucy, she goes into convulsions, which occur on the floor, then the wall, and the ceiling.
- Some alcohol is consumed, but nobody gets drunk.
- A few characters smoke cigarettes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The first scene, which is lighthearted, becomes very intense very suddenly. Lucy is terrified by everything that happens around her. She visibly shakes throughout, and vomits at the sight of two dead bodies.
- Many chases and shoot outs with random death and destruction throughout.
- Lucy is grabbed, manhandled, punched, and kicked in several early scenes.
- The whole movie is pretty intense because of the chases, shootouts, and suspense.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The plot revolves around a bag of a fictional drug. We see a junkie forced to snort a sample of it. He convulses for a moment, then laughs hysterically and uncontrollably. He is shot before it gets too annoying.
- When Lucy's body starts to fall apart (see below), she desperately eats a large portion of the drug, covering a lot of her face in blue crystals. Her skin absorbs most of them.