Queen Rudrama Devi's reign in southern India during the 13th century is herein recounted.Queen Rudrama Devi's reign in southern India during the 13th century is herein recounted.Queen Rudrama Devi's reign in southern India during the 13th century is herein recounted.
1. Anushka and Allu Arjun's performances. Anushka put a lot of effort into this movie and it definitely showed on screen. Allu Arjun had an interesting character who seemed to resemble the Winter Soldier from Captain America 2 as he appears here and there. It would have been great if the rest of the cast was as dedicated to the movie as the two lead actors.
2. The overall message of the movie. This movie ultimately sends the message that women are equal and in some ways superior to men. This is a very powerful message and unfortunately many people still don't accept this. But the problem is that the movie never really focuses on this until the last 5 minutes.
1. Songs/Music. The songs in this film were bad. They were bad and completely unnecessary. There were no good rhythms or dancing during these atrocious songs. The one with Rana and Anushka is probably the worst Telugu song I have ever seen. It looked like the songs were there just for the sake of having songs. And now to the music. The songs from Baahubali weren't too great either but the musical score was simply a masterpiece. Honestly, I don't even remember a musical score from Rudhramadevi. I think I may have heard some music here and there but I didn't like it.
2. VFX/CGI and 3-D. It was pretty bad the way these turned out. Literally everything was computer generated, Couldn't they have at least had weapons that were tangible? NO those had to be computer generated also. It looked terrible. The movie looked like a cartoon with some real people walking around. The worst part was the ridiculous green screen. When Allu Arjun is riding his horse, the green screen is so bad that it looks like he is just jumping up and down in front of the camera with a horrendous background.
3. Villains. These were some of the stupidest villains ever put on screen, First of all there's too many villains. I found Suman's character and his brother to be the worst of the bunch. All they do is sit and talk about how to sack the kingdom. These guys were supposed to be the main antagonists but they were laughably horrible. The guy from the enemy kingdom is arguably worse but thankfully he doesn't have as much screen time.
4. The Script. How can someone take such a good story on paper and mess it up so badly on screen? The movie moves slow in the first half and most of the second half until the climax is stuffed with about 6 different events in 10 minutes. The climax had 4 different sides in one battle all fighting at once. There were some plot holes also. How does Prakash Raj's character die and then somehow come back to life? What happens in the fight between Rana and the enemy prince at the end?
5. Rana's Role. I'm not criticizing Rana but his acting abilities were wasted in this movie. He is supposed to be this fierce, strong, and brave warrior but the movie never shows him in battle so that we can see this. He is supposed to be Rudramadevi's lover but their relationship feels awkward and like I said before, their song was a pain to watch and hear.
6. And let's not forget the fact that Marco Polo and his fellow Italians speak Telugu of all languages.
As you can see, I did not enjoy this movie and my favorite part was the ending. If you are expecting something like Baahubali, don't see this movie as you will definitely be disappointed. If you liked this movie, post a review so I can read it to look at this movie from a different perspective. From A+ to F, Rudhramadevi gets an F.
- May 26, 2019