The Blacklist (TV Series 2013– ) Poster

(2013– )

Poll: Keen or Redington
drlaurabirceanu-8036111 August 2020
We all know the answer to that, so kindly stop annoying audience with the stupidity of Keen's character. We are all watching the show for Redington. It's not that complicated: we like Redington and we genuinely dislike Keen. So stop with the mommy melodrama and the "I deserve to know the truth", it's ridiculous and BORING. Bring Redington forward, it's what we all want to see.
340 out of 361 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spaderrrrr
oneiljas22 February 2019
Created my account just to come in and praise James Spader. I'm late to starting the show but binge watched it and love it. He definitely knows what he's doing and it's been a pleasure watching.
192 out of 202 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love everything about this show except "Lizzy"
mlphi71519 July 2019
James Spader is superb in his roll as Raymond Reddington. I find all the characters in the show top rate and believable....except for Megan Boone and the character Elizabeth. This character is so sanctimonious and self centered it just grates against my nerves.This character does anything she "feels"is the best thing even if it's against protocol and puts the team in danger. Then berates Reddington, who is actually helping her, because he colors outside the lines.The fact that the show went from an interesting "get the really bad guys" show to all about "Lizzy" has gotten really very annoying and is starting to get old. There are 6 other characters to shed some focus on. I understand the background story between her and Reddington is important....I get that. But all the drama and, not to mention, all the dumb selfish things Elizabeth does is really starting to be a turn off. Whoever the writer is for this character needs to be fired. Also, what's up with Lizzy's miraculous healing powers? She can get punched in the face by a man and not only get up right away, but never has a scratch on her. She should have had black eyes for at least a couple of weeks. Everybody else on the show gets realistically (believably) injured and goes through the healing process. But not cast iron Lizzy. Come on guys, give it a rest. Please don't turn a great show of intrigue,espionage and edge of your seat stories into a soap opera with a bad leading actress. I TRULY want to continue watching this show. Needless to say, this is why I gave a 9 rating instead of a 10.
345 out of 369 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Elisabeth
gdaskalou-3251616 March 2019
This is indeed one of my favorite shows and one of the best i have seen. Spader is insane and the character is amazing. But for the love of god can someone please kill elisabeth and get her to dissapear from the show?? Terrible acting and iritating character makes a bad combo ... let her die so we can enjoy the series and not want to pull our eyes out ...
304 out of 325 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why are the FBI so useless?
moranka22 August 2020
Keen and her colleagues seems to fail again and again. They are useless at shootouts and are always surprised when the enemy comes. Why?
32 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Elizabeth Keen is the worst
shuang-3469811 October 2020
Almost through the second season and as far as cop shows go, this one is a great watch so far. Reddington is badass and I like the side hustle he's got going while the FBI is investigating cases. Liz Keen is the worst though. Watch the show and you'll understand why.
143 out of 152 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Megan
farawayplanet24 May 2019
After the first episode I already knew I would love to see all series... but I cannot... I can't stand the horrible acting of Megan Boone. Catastrophe that ruined good screenplay... such a shame
86 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
James Spader has created a great character.
brianehill19 September 2015
Once again I see people criticizing a good enjoyable show because it's not like reality and "Real governments and law enforcement organizations don't operate that way!!!!" Get a grip people! Batman isn't real either but he's fun to watch! The delineation of James Spader's Raymond Reddington is more important than any hang ups you could possibly have with the plot. I just can't see passing up such a good performance and character study because a fictional show isn't reality. It's not often a real good character comes along and I feel Spader has pulled this one off excellently in every respect. Don't cheat yourself people. It's a good show.
438 out of 483 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
used to be...
judidequaker15 March 2019
This used to be one of the most creative unique shows on television and James Spader is quite amazing also :-) but, does whole Keen mission to find out who he really is is really taking the TV show down the tubes. Go back to the original storyline! It was a great show why did you change it?
75 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deducting 4 starts because of Elizabeth Keen
akiarora24 September 2020
Can someone kill Elizabeth? She's the most annoying character. After betraying Red so many time, I really hope he shows her where she belongs.
154 out of 171 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One Glorious Actor Can Make A Difference
macktan89422 October 2015
The Blacklist isn't the best TV show you've ever seen--it's not edgy or innovative with an original storyline or remarkable cinematography. It doesn't have distinctive, stylish features. Into its 3rd season, The Blacklist survives, it thrives despite its being no Breaking Bad, or Mr. Robot, or Fargo, or The Knick. How is this possible? Just what is its appeal?

James Spader as Red Reddington is the answer and the sole reason this show is so watchable. He's not only the captain of the ship, he's the crew and the ship as well. In short, his performance is everything that makes this show great and I suspect he's somehow improved the template like performances of his supporting actors over time. The man is just a joy to watch and makes an improbable character--govt spy turned international criminal mastermind-- delightful and believable. Every actor on that show ought to thank Spader for allowing them the opportunity to make money on a show that would have been cancelled its first year--perhaps mid-season--if he were not on it. It's the darndest thing, the difference one actor can make.

Still, I wish that the creators had chosen a different actress to play the part of Elizabeth Keen, the FBI profiler that Red Reddington is inexplicably fond of. Someone like Zoe Saldana would have been brilliant casting and added dimension to the mystery of the Keen-Reddington relationship. And perhaps better casting for that part would have inspired the writers to shape her role more credibly and sent the show into the stratosphere. While Megyn Kelly may be a solid actress, she does not yet have the chops to make something of the oddly inconsistent writing for her role. Too late to change this up now.

I'm hardly the only fan who tunes in to enjoy Spader's performance, marveling at how the dreamy young actor with long blonde hair evolved into this very charming, balding older man who can act his *beep* off. I give him an Emmy for just Being There.
334 out of 380 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spader is the Glue
nycbren646 May 2019
Spader is the reason this show makes it. Maybe at some point Boone will learn how to act from Spader. Hard to watch her act . Very one dimensional and flat.
120 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Raymond Reddington is what makes this show amazing!!!
daliaabd-6941522 September 2020
The single most amazing thing about this show is Raymond Reddington. Watching him in his harmonious actions and brilliant dialogue just makes the show one of my favorite crime shows ever. His interactions with Cooper, Ressler, and Aram are so interesting and exciting to watch. He has helped developed their characters in such a unique way. Dembe is great and his relationship with Reddington is really amazing to watch. The action of the show is fast and not boring at all. There is a lot of suspense. Enough complexity to keep you hooked without being too complicated. I absolutely love everything and everyone about this show except for one single thing.

Unfortunately I was forced to give the show a 7/10 because of that stupid character forced on us (Elizabeth Keen). I have hated every moment with her from her selfish actions to her her stupid mentality to her annoying nagging about the truth. She suddenly switches sides because of selfish reasons. She doesn't care to put her colleagues in trouble in spite of all the things they do for her to keep her safe. She hides things from them and acts on her own like she is a genius when she is nothing but stupid and dumb. She is always fighting Raymond after all the things he has done for her and all the risks he has taken to protect her. Her scenes make my blood boil. She randomly spills other people's secrets with no morals whatsoever and acts so self righteous. I hate her. I hate her. I hate her. She ruined such an amazing show for me with her presence. I don't even want to see this actress in another show after her horrible character in this one because it will just remind me of the stupidity she portrayed here. She is just the worst and if it were not for her I would have given this show an absolute 10!!!!
44 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good show , but!
riquelmy26-882-41662012 February 2019
I would give this show higher ratings if it were not for that Lizzie lady who is the most annoying person in the whole show. She keeps betraying her own friends with her own stupidity. Why don't the writers of the show make her disappear like her husband? The show does not need her. I am sure it will survive without her. Without her, I would be happy to give higher and much higher rating. I enjoy the show, but that lady is a major turn off.
78 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Red please kill Elisabeth
gosocialmedia1 February 2021
The only I need for change my rate to a 10/10 is that Red kills Elisabeth. Please do it!
25 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Would be a 10 if Keen was off the show
nadiaelhx21 March 2021
Season 8 was the worst season. Everyone watches the show for Reddington and Keen is just getting so frustrating to watch it's literally killing the show. She's so cringe and needs to get over her mommy and daddy issues and grow up!! This new season is centred around her and it's just unwatchable. Usually I'm hooked onto this show but this is unbearable. And what's just as bad is the task force like Ressler supporting her like seriously. It's about time they cut off Keen and the rest of the FBI agents and replaced them!!

This show is redeemable - but only if KEEN IS OUT!!
32 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Started out with such promise ...
anchovysundae25 September 2020
I loved this show when it first began! I mean why not, with James Spader in the lead? Sure, there were some fantastic premises and a few annoying characters, but the plotline was like unwrapping a complex yet delightful package.

Then the writing went downhill. Plot and character development went awry, especially in season 7. I could barely stomach Keen's character during the course of the entire show, but it got worse in 7. Yet I pushed on, because I was really only there for Reddington. But even his character began to seem, well, somewhat uncharacteristic.

So it is with a disappointed heart that I am pulling the plug right in the middle of an episode in the middle of season 7. Don't care how it all ends, but I seriously cannot take this rubbish anymore. I'm sad, because I really enjoyed things for the first few seasons. But it's like watching a vibrant, wonderful person you love die of a painful, incurable disease. I can't do it. I'm sorry.

James Spader, I love you but you deserve so much more. A full 10 for you (only), but the negative aspects of the show in the end brings my score of this tragic wreck down to 1.
66 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not smart people
ckrautheim-3614921 April 2019
I hope Liz & Ressler are not an idndication of the competence of actual FBI agents or the country is doomed. Have they ever conducted a surveillance where the criminal did not escape?
71 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Spader's Show"
tanmay1021 September 2016
Spader with yet another magnificent performance. This show has got everything from a good plot to an interesting lead male, to not so good female lead Megan Boone. Despite Spader's splendid performance , Boone's appalling acting makes the show a little less pleasing. It has a deep interesting story going around with an episode basis criminal search. While the main story holds you to this show , the episodes have lots of loopholes.You can count 2-3 loopholes in each episode easily. Background music and songs used here is awesome , delivers it purpose. If you are a fan of James Spader , you are definitely in for a treat.Despite ,the performance of Megan Boone, you will definitely enjoy the show.
42 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Elizabeth Keen becomes an annoying character
vincentvillanueva7 February 2021
After several seasons, the Keen vs. Red storyline is now killing the series. Bad concept and poor writing.

Oh my. The annoying Elizabeth is back. DROP HER!!!
35 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A great show spoilt by sub par co-star
jon-evancook6 March 2019
James Spader is eminently watchable but why did they not kill off Elizabeth Keen when they had the opportunity, her character spoils my overall enjoyment of this show. Surely the writers could find a better way to keep Reddington's ID and motives a mystery.
101 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Explaining the appeal of Blacklist
susiewtsn30 January 2021
So, clearly, everyone sees the problem. But I think I have the solution. We keep watching BECAUSE we love Spader in anything and BECAUSE Boone is so terrible and it can be entertaining to point out all the reasons. Once Reddington dies, I certainly hope they don't think a spin-off has a chance in hell. But anyone stupid enough to cast her in the first place might just do it.
14 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Megan Boone - wow, what a bad actress
bettina_wasserleonburg23 March 2021
Megan Boone's bad performance destroys a lot of an initially good tv show.
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This story makes no sense
jseijo_jr21 March 2021
This story is SO overextended that the development of it doesn't make any sense anymore.
Love the show. Tired of Keen
kouklamou-9462230 January 2021
I hope this show ends like it began, the 2 main characters as 1. I really don't like the character Keen has become. She's worse then who she claims Reddington to be. And I don't want to stop watching Blacklist. Red is the best character and reason I watch. I hope there's a bigger picture to this story and a better ending.