Bird Box (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence, bloody images, language and brief sexuality.|
Sex & Nudity
- Two people have sex. Mild nudity.
- just a brief kissing scene and totally clean and can be watched with family.
Violence & Gore
- Although some of the deaths have a bloody outcome, the overall violent content in this film is not as severe as other, comparative R-rated horror/thriller films. Some of the most gruesome violent scenes are abruptly cut away and in turn, occur offscreen.
- In the beginning of the movie when the hysteria begins, there is a lot of background violence as people start commiting mass suicide
- A woman bashes her head into a window repeatedly, her forehead is extremely bloody with a large gash
- A man is hacked in the arm and neck with a machete and then drowns.
- 32 F-word, 19 S-word, Multiple uses of a-hole, damn and hell
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In the house, a man is seen putting drugs in his mouth, but he is then stopped by another resident/survivor.
- One character in particular is seen drinking a lot, is drunk in one or two scenes
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- an unseen force drives people to suicide. there are a very large number of gruesome deaths.
Violence & Gore
- After crashing her car, Jessica walks into the path of a large truck and is brutally rundown
- Lydia calmly climbs into a burning car and we see her start to burn alive, she does not flinch, the car then explodes
- Greg, tied to a chair, rattles it back and forth until it tips and he busts his head open on a brick fixture
- Charlie is hacked to death offscreen, we just see a pool of blood pouring out under the door he just ran through
- Both Olympia and Malorie give birth, there is a mild amount of blood
- Olympia jumps through a closed window and we can hear her body smack the ground. A "crush" sound is heard
- Gary forces Cheryl's eyes open and she stabs herself mulitple times in the neck with scissors
- Gary stabs Douglas to death with scissors
- Tom shoots Gary twice with a shotgun offscreen (his body is not seen)
- Tom shoots a group of people before turning the gun on himself offscreen
- Constant suicides throughout the movie.
- When in the car driving to the supermarket the tire rolls on top of a dead body's head. A crunch is heard