Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sequences of violence throughout|
Sex & Nudity
- Some cleavage is shown throughout the movie.
- The main two characters wear skimpy revealing tops.
Violence & Gore
- A character's hand is swiftly hacked off with a knife.
- A woman is killed when a zombie bites into her neck, causing her to bleed out.
- Two men are tackled to the ground by zombie dogs and are bitten and mauled to death. One of the characters reanimates as a zombie and is then crushed to death in between the doors of a heavy metal gate.
- A huge metal fan begins to rotate backwards in a lab facility, sucking the air backwards which carries a woman through the air towards the blades, shredding her to death. The fan is soaked in blood after it stop spinning.
- A man falls through a trap door in a hallway and falls to his death in a cavern.
- A man is suffocated to death with a plastic bag.
- A man is decapitated when his head is bitten off by a mutated bio-weapon creature.
- A man's legs are crushed flat after a huge metal door closes on them.
- A woman's fingers are sliced off in a laser room hallway.
- A bomb is set off in a man's pocket, blowing off the left side of his abdomen. This same man, having survived, is finally finished off by being stabbed to death later in the film.
- A few instances where characters are killed by being eaten to death by zombies.
- The portrayal of infliction of pain and injuries is depicted with some detail of blood and gore, but it is never prolonged or frequent.
- The film contains several scenes of violence that are scattered throughout as the female protagonist and her companions fend off attacks from the zombies and a paramilitary group.
- The stronger scenes of violence depict details of bloodletting and gore, including scenes of the aftermath where decapitated heads as well as severed hands and fingers are visible.
- For example, some zombies are killed by the protagonist where she slashes their throats, followed by decapitating their heads.
- In another example, a character slices off the top-half of a zombie's skull before firing gunshots into its body and stabbing a machete through its chin.
- There are also instances where human characters are fatally shot, usually in the head, which result in bloodshed.
- The overall impact of violence is mitigated by the lack of strong details, as the scenes occur during nighttime, and in poorly-lit environments.
- The film also does not dwell on the infliction of pain and injuries as it adopts quick camera movements that intercuts between the point of impact and the aftermath.
- Brief uses of damn, ass ,bitch, hell and shit
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The ending where the main character might sacrifice herself to release the antivirus that will save the world can be emotional and intense.