"Cougar Town" The Criminal Kind (TV Episode 2013) Poster

(TV Series)

(2013)

Cougar Town The Criminal Mind
dalydj-918-2551753 April 2013
The cul-de-sac gang try their hand of the classic film The Brekfast Club which made for a very funny episode which involved some great revealing voiceovers as well as Laurie finally admitting her feelings to Travis at the end. The many references to the classic film were great including the dancing in the store jail as well as Jules paused in the classic final position of the film. All the ensemble was funny especially the voiceovers which included Grayson loving his body, Ellie speaking the exact same in her mind and Jules talking about the structure of Jules life in an episodic fashion. Laurie finally telling Travis her feelings was a great moment and hopefully if the two are in a relationship it works and goes well. With a two episode finale next week I'm glad it will be coming back for another season.

EPISODE GRADE: A- (MVP: Courteney Cox)
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The One With The Voice-Overs...
Taylor Kingston15 October 2015
I enjoyed this episode. I like when shows use inside jokes, and themes from famous movies to create a new kind of episode. It's really interesting.

In this episode, the Cul-De-Sac Drew let everyone listen in on their innermost thoughts through the power of voice-overs. While the voice-overs are happening, Grayson is crushed after he discovers that someone gave him a harsh review of his bar on Yelp. This makes him even more upset when he reads that the negative words are mostly about his personality. Meanwhile, Jules goes to very extreme measures to prove that she's not a goody-two- shoes, which lands her in the grocery store jail. It's so funny. And Laurie finally tells Travis that she really likes him. Ugh.

Title Card: Welcome to Cougar Town. John Hughes is a God.

Best part of the episode: The grocery store jail.

Worst part of the episode: The fact that Laurie likes Travis.

Overall, I give this episode a 9 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Amazing.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this