American Bistro (2019) Poster

A nice surprise!!!
info-835913 August 2019
This film, like many good indie films, has a way to subvert any expectations. It is the kind of comedy that may only make you laugh a couple of times but will have you smiling throughout the whole story. The chemistry between the actors is magic!!!!
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heartfelt father/son duo!
MarkAnder_17 April 2019
This film is truly heartwarming with unique comedic stylings. I was shocked to find out the two leads are real life father and son. Definitely fits my criteria of a fun, entertaining, unique film!
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superbly Entertaining!
alexus-9715914 August 2019
A uniquely witty and uplifting film that kept me smiling throughout. As real life father and son, you can sense the chemistry between Edmund and Medor immediately, which is important to me when watching any film. It was inspiring to watch him chase his dreams despite the setbacks life so often throws our way. If you are looking for a film that will not only entertain, but lift your spirits, I would recommend giving American Bistro a watch!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun watch from first time director
mandyevenmoore13 August 2019
Very impressive debut from Arthur Diennet. Although this isn't a perfect film and is a little clunky at times, there's definitely heart here and Arthur is one to watch. It's funny how the film itself seems to emulate the moral of the story stated at the end of the film. Give it a watch, it's not bad.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What would you do if you opened a restaurant?...!!!
rondna18 August 2019
American Bistro Is the Feel Good Movie of the Year

American Bistro grabs the audience's attention from the start and doesn't let go until the end. In the first scene a young man named Edmund (portrayed by Arthur Diennet) is grieving over his past actions and pondering the consequences. He asks that question that we all have asked. The question that is impossible to answer, "what if."

And the tone is set for the rest of the movie. Arthur Diennet wrote the script which he also directed and produced. He takes the viewer on an emotional, but joyous, ride as he investigates the themes of love, loss, anger and regret.

In his state of confusion about life, Edmund turns to his uncle Medor (played by Diennet's real life father Marcel Diennet - Medor is also gripping with loss and regret.

Marcel Diennet is a cinematic genius and a lesser artist would buckle under the weight of the many hats he wore during production. He joined drama and comedy together perfectly without sacrificing either. The final result is almost flawless.

The few criticisms are almost too small to mention. A few of the lesser characters are stereotyped. There is one too many vomit scenes. This movie is strong on its' own and low brow vomit scenes are not necessary.

Diennet gives us the answer to the question he asked at the beginning of American Bistro. An adventure is a problem after problem. A true hero is the one who surmounts problem after problem.

In the end there can be no light without darkness.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Grade School Movie
bobby-valenzuela15 August 2019
This movie is a waste of time to watch, an amateurish piece of garbage... walking the dog to the park is more fun.
0 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.