Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
|MPAA||rated PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and some language|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman can be seen clad in a bikini in the beginning of the movie; the side of her breasts are visible.
- Male topless nudity including nipple area. Developed torsos hence objectification of the male form.
Violence & Gore
- At the beginning, a brief action sequence of jet fighters and giant robots fighting a monster.
- A giant robot fights a group of other giant robots, the city around them is destroyed, many punches and shootings between robots. People on the ground run for cover, some are crushed.
- In one particularly intense scene, a little girl witnesses her parents being killed by a giant monster, leaving her orphaned.
- Two groups of robots fight each other, the human-like robots suffer many wounds like decapitations, stabbings, and shooting wounds. People on the ground scurry for cover, many bleeding slightly, some are squashed by debris.
- A group of 5 or 6 men in an elevator fight. Mostly being struck by a walking cane and pistol whipped.
- In the final half of the movie there is a very elongated battle between a group of giant robots and a monster. The city is destroyed, as well as some of the robots, one robot pilot is killed, his burnt arm shown on camera. The monster itself sustains several flesh wounds, withe only fluorescent blue blood.
- Little to none.
- uses of bastard and son of a b--ch
- Lots of swear words, such as "Bastard", "ass", "hell" etc. No f words were thrown around though
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters are briefly seen consuming alcohol a few times.
- 2 characters share beer and ice cream together in one scene
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The many action scenes are intense but not in anyway graphic, people are killed by falling debris but the main concern is how grand, large, and elongated action scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Mako Mori's death is quite intense and can be very saddening. Her brother, Jake is seen crying, and greatly hurt about her death, in a few scenes. This scene is very emotional and intense.
- In a flashback scene, young Amara sees her parents and siblings killed by a Kaiju all at once right before her eyes. A very traumatizing scene, and she is seen crying along with Jake trying to comfort her, shedding tears as well after feeling the pain.
- Cadet Suresh's death scene is extremely intense and saddening. Especially because, he is only a young teenage boy, trying to save the world. After disobeying Jake's commands, and attacking the kaiju, their jaeger is thrown into buildings. His partner is injured, blood is visible, he reports that he has made it, he turns his head, and sees Suresh's corpse buried under debris (body not shown), with only one hand covered in blood sticking up. He reports Suresh has been killed, he gets very emotional.