Lupin (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

just wow
Arthur_P3tit9 January 2021
You'll see a lot of reviews that says that it's not for real Lupin fans and therefore they give it only a few stars. And that's the problem with people nowadays. The serie is based on the story of Lupin, they never said it's THE story OF Lupin. Omar Sy plays the charcter very well and I love how they manage to get the viewers attention during the whole episode. I can't wait for the next season
570 out of 770 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Story filled with loop holes
rashidsalman12 June 2021
Incredible amount of exaggeration and shocking level or story patch ups. Lupin is well shot, but poorly written. Extremely frustrating to see FRANCE' MOST WANTED man just chilling in public and wearing the worst disguises and still never getting caught.
59 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good idea, but poorly written.
ozzu6921 January 2021
There's too much hype over this, but unjustifiably so. Lupin had a very nice take on the whole retribution concept, good cast, and good direction. But about half-way in, the inconsistencies became all too frequent and the plot holes were just... horrendous. So much so, that we could no longer enjoy the good parts of the show, it felt too much like it was underestimating the intelligence of the viewer just for the drama. It's a pity, but this show is not worth your time if you're interested in writing quality.
150 out of 235 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overrated
billybarley-9216625 January 2021
Some decent scenes. Can be somewhat entertaining if you're willing to overlook the fact that the plot resembles Swiss cheese.
155 out of 248 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
think of it as a French version of leverage or hustle with roots, and a twist
jazfro9 January 2021
I like it. It's witty, well acted and directed. This version of Lupin is a clever re-imagining (with some flaws), trying to fast-forward the original character 100-years. And yes, XXIst century Lupin is the son of African immigrants. And why not? Omar Sy is a great lead character and the production values are good. Perfectly enjoyable light entertainment. I repeat: this is meant to be watched for fun, it's not faithful to the details of the original books, it's not meant to be realistic. Good tv is escapism. It reminds me in a good way of successful series like Hustle, or Leverage. with intricate cons and twists. To the critics: you are right, this is not a series of Lupin faithful to the original books and historical context, in a way that David Suchet's Poirot was. But it is in the same line of re-imagining classics (though not quite as spectacular, but neither on the same budget) as Dominic Cumberbatch's Sherlock. It's an enjoyable ride. Don't begrudge the artistic licence. Have some fun. For god's sake it's 2021!
114 out of 185 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I don't understand the good reviews
maxime-v11 January 2021
The concept is good but they ruined another show with modern revisionism and a poor script. The serie got only from Lupin the name. Omar Sy is still one of the best french actors.
204 out of 342 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The plot doesn't really hold up
tukaccount23 January 2021
Just watched the first episode and I don't think I'll go ahead with the others. The plot is too weak to make it enjoyable, there's no real smarts in investigations, it's just another millennials' nice-visuals-poor-plot kinda series
122 out of 205 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2021 starts with a great show!!!
ikjdkgj9 January 2021
I've heard the show got bad reviews but I've been following Omar Sy for years and every project he worked on so far have been great and this is no exception!!! Great intrigue, great action, the storyline is well thought nothing to say besides Great Job to the team and the cast. Do yourself a favor and watch the show you will wait for the second part I know I do, watched the whole 5 episodes in one evening.
240 out of 419 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Assane can only be a genius because he is surrounded by idiots
fuckyou-785808 January 2021
Assane's plans only work because everyone around him is so stupid. What would never work in reality always works in this show, no matter how confused it is.
247 out of 433 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It boggles the mind how poor this is, yet rated so high
Xavier_Stone11 January 2021
From the outset the main actor is portrayed as a genius, and of course he has to work with the most small time of crooks. Zero background checks to be able to bid in a high class auction. Lame security for the same auction.

You get the point. It's more fantasy than star wars. Acting is passable, plot is terrible and production and storytelling is the bare minimum.

This show is rated M, mature for teens. Anyone over 20 who thinks will find it boring.
182 out of 317 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tragic....
TheFilmRejects11 January 2021
So many ridiculous plotholes about the heist in the first 15 min..... Avoid it...
157 out of 273 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really
ahmedzaki-5853224 January 2021
In this Era and he can easily switch with a prisoner just like that shame on you
63 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Massively stupid.
brettjensen17 January 2021
You have to be a child to not be distracted by the plot holes in this humiliatingly simplistic goof bag. Not a single second of it is plausible. Nothing about it makes sense to even the most delicate of inquiries. It's lazy writing wearing a suit screaming "HEY LOOK I'M FRENCH OCEANS 11".

Absolutely awful.
59 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good idea, poor execution
jarnix-957-86765210 January 2021
I could not watch past the first episode.

I don't care about the story or if it's a prequel or sequel of Arsène Lupin. I'm focusing on the story, the actors, the dialogs, the story.

Dialogs are poor, actors are not involved in the scenes. The way things happen is unrealistic and I cannot believe what actors are trying to do/say.

It's like a cheap rendition of what could have been a good series. Maybe it's for children, maybe it's just to "netflix and chill", but it's not for me who wants a well written scenario (no laziness in the writing), good dialogues (that can happen in real life in the conditions the scenes happen), and actors who are not faking it like they don't care (for example Omar Sy and Ludivine Sagnier are not beginners, you would expect them to act properly in a movie).

I would not recommend it at all and totally do not understand why the series gets so much good reviews, I suspect that they might be fake.
152 out of 268 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
meh
andrew_jakobs10 January 2021
It's an ok series, but not really that good, and really unbelievable the cops wouldn't know who he really is. Also I really hate it when they drag things out, and this is really getting dragged out, boring storyline. And ofcourse it ends on a cliffhanger, only 5 episodes for season 1, if they ended it on episode 5 it would have been ok, but episode 5 is really a low point of dullness.. And don't get me wrong, I love mystery/detective series, but this is really just boring. Acting is ok, but again, nothing special.
185 out of 330 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great season
ghsujyg9 January 2021
I never understood why people like to gate keep shows that are wonderfully adapted to a new story line. I found this series refreshing and the storyline was captivating. The main character is a wonderful actor and he's easy on the eyes as well.

Overall, I would rate it a 9/10 but I'm adding an extra point to counterbalance the gatekeepers who are mad over minor changes.
208 out of 374 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If it wasn't for Omar Sy
ang-drimalas25 January 2021
Predictable, boring, same old plot of the revenge suppressed kid, poor execution. Good production
68 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh please!
rokocelan12 January 2021
After a couple of initial shallow conversations for a stupid audience, I still decided to give the series a chance, but when he came to the auction to buy a 20 million euro necklace without a deposit and invitation i gave up on this series. Shallow and cheap, like most new series from netfilix. Actors unverified, desperate scenarios. If you are at least average, skip the series.
136 out of 241 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nearly got Lockjaw from Yawning
mchugh-9922815 January 2021
A plot, hamfistedly stitched together. A series of marginally interesting, implausible coincidences align to expose an anticlimactic secret. This 'Wow', 'Amazing' show is one that the cast will be eager usher to less noticeable corners of their resumes.
56 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
?!?
pedro-processo12 January 2021
This is beyond stupid! I don't know why, but I felt embarrassed while watching this. From the plot, to the diogues, cast, everything is laughable and awkward. Want French? Go watch Le Bureau or Engrenages.
133 out of 237 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Idiotic
nishantfaujdar15 January 2021
I don't understand how this series manage to get good reviews? Script is so low on the logical base. actors did a good job but again.... There are many points in these 5 episodes that'll leave you like "meh".

Kinda boring. Wasted my 4.5 hours for a loose script.
79 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just not it.. not exciting at all
alinawassen18 February 2021
The idea is not bad at all. But the writing is just not it. The acting is definitely not great. I truly don't understand the good reviews, did I watch a different show?
33 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really good
imdb-ikysmoviedatabase8 January 2021
It doesn't take long to get straight into action. Really fast moving first episode hope the rest of the season continues to be just as good if not better. A few short flash backs might slow it down a little but goes well for the story.
148 out of 283 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Insipid and unispired
mikegibb-6041811 January 2021
Having read the blurb I approached this with high expectations. What a letdown. The plot of the first episode is frankly ludicrous (40 million jewels guarded by only two guys in suits) as well as being a carbon copy of the excellent Oceans 8. The lead actor is okay although despite his best efforts to copy him he is no Idris Elba. The rest of the cast could be straight out of an amateur theatre company and not a very good one. Huge disappointment. Can only assume that those giving this 10 stars have never watched Nordic Noir.
80 out of 148 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
acidburns-2983510 January 2021
I don't understand the high rating. It's so boring. Only cliche of scenarios that we saw a hundred times.
140 out of 270 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.