Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language throughout, some war violence, sexual content, and brief drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- No graphical nudity show in movie.
- A young man and a young girl (cheerleader) kiss.
- Billy imagines one of the cheerleaders having sex with him in bed. Lasts seconds.
- A man says something about a penis having the same IQ and he says "be smarter than your penis".
- A young soldier tells a stage manager to suck his dick and it leads to a fight.
- A scene where a woman is seen on top of a man in bed having sex with some sexual sounds.
Violence & Gore
- Soldiers raid a house and one of them is about to kill one family member by placing a bag over his head. Nothing else happens.
- Little-to-no violence throughout the first hour.
- A young man pushes a woman.
- A man gets shot to pieces. Some gory details but last under a second, but it is very unrealistic.
- A soldier gets into a hand-to-hand combat with an Arab. He takes out a knife and slowly slits him. No detail, just his reaction is mostly shown as he dies. Blood is seen dripping on the floor beneath his head.
- A young soldier wraps his arms around a guy sitting in front of him. His face turns purple as he slowly strangles him. He lets go and he is fine.
- A group of soldiers get beaten up by stage managers. It ends with a gunfire as they break it up.
- There is hardly any violence throughout except from one scene.
- All violence is very realistic. Some war violence. One man is shot in the abdomen and bleeds out; another man is blown apart by a .50 Cal, and another is stabbed through the neck or upper chest and bleeds out. These scenes are particularly graphic and emotional and can be disturbing, especially for sufferers of PTSD.
- The Bravo Squad gets into a few brawls with some security guards throughout the film.
- A soldier choke-holds another man for mouthing off during the game.
- The film contains occasional uses of the stronger expletive "motherf**ker", frequent uses of the expletive "f**k", as well as the use of other mild bad language, such as the terms "asshole" and "goddamn".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is a scene in which a few characters are portrayed casually sharing and smoking what has been implied to be a marijuana joint.
- Some casual drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Soldiers raid a house and puts a bag over one family member's head. Women and children cry.
- There is little violence so the film (as a whole) is not a hard watch.
- This film may not be for children under 10, but at least parental guidance can help them to be entertained and educated.
- Despite the 'R' rating, the film would fit in the 'PG'-level.
- Overall, not a bad watch.
Violence & Gore
- Shroom dies.