Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated R for pervasive language, some violence, graphic nudity and some drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- Full frontal graphic female nudity is seen for a few minutes then another naked woman comes into the scene and you see full back side rear nudity
- Sexual innuendo and references are used throughout the entire movie. Some of them are extremely vulgar.
- Male and female are about engage in sexual activity, female removes her shirt and reveals bra, and they are stopped due to getting a condom.
- There is a naked female mannequin shown for about 2 minutes; full frontal nudity.
- There is a naked woman with the mannequin shortly after, only the back of her is shown.
- A man has a penis drawn on his face with a marker.
- A couple starts kissing on the ground and almost has sex before being interrupted.
Violence & Gore
- Demons are killed with blows from a shotgun. No blood shown.
- A woman possessed by a demon starts screaming and starts to stab her husband to death.
- A dead woman falls through a glass roof. Her body is shown with some blood on her face.
- Some violent scenes
- 158 uses of "fuck", 155 uses of "shit", 13 uses of "ass", 1 use of "asshole", 1 use of "bitch", 5 uses of "damn", 1 use of "dick" 25 uses of "god", 1 use of "god damn", 12 uses of "hell", 3 uses of "Jesus Christ", 1 use of "pussy", 2 uses of "tities", 3 uses of "whorehouse"
- Extremely vulgar words are used very frequently during the movie, almost each scene has at least one profane word.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People drink alcohol at two parties
- Two teenage boys smoke marijuana.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The movie itself is very frightening, intense and suspenseful. Terror builds up throughout the entire movie, and jump scares and freaky scenes accompany it.
- The first half of this film has a lot of characters joking around and doesn't take itself too seriously, however, when the main character realizes that what is happening to him is a gift not a curse immediately takes a very dark turn and the film ends up being one of the darkest entries in the series so far.
- The scenes with the main character's dog in pain, especially the second scene, can be very upsetting to certain viewers.
- The scene where Jesse laughs like a lunatic while watching his dog Chavo struggle and whimper on the ceiling can be pretty disturbing.
- The last twenty minutes or so are intense.
- Towards the end, you get a brief glimpse of the demon which is frightening.
Violence & Gore
- A man is eaten by a demon offscreen. (Played as a jump scare). The movie then cuts to black.
- A man crushes an egg in his abuela's hand. Blood is seen trickling down his arm and we see the woman's hand all bloodied.
- Possessed Jesse is laughing while the dog is crying upside down in the mid-air corner of the wall.