The Magnificent Seven (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||: Rated PG-13 for extended and intense sequences of Western violence, and for historical smoking, some language and suggestive material|
Sex & Nudity
- Mild references to prostitution.
- A female character wears several tops that reveal cleavage.
- Comment of, "Well, the lady just did some poking and sticking for you. Maybe you should consider returning the favor, you know?" With a crude hand gesture.
- Reference to a character's mother being raped.
Violence & Gore
- A man shoots one man and stabs another outside of a house.
- There's a standoff in a town, and an Native American shoots a man in the chest with an arrow and knocks another off of a rooftop
- There's a large shootout in a town and many people are shot, and one man stabs and slashes several men with knives.
- A man shoots another man point-blank in the chest in an office.
- A man shoots one man dead and shoots another's ear off (not seen).
- An Indian guts a dead animal (not shown), and blood is seen briefly. He pulls out a part of its insides, and he and another man each take bites from it.
- A man shoots two other men in a bar.
- A man is shot and another man has an axe thrown into his back in the beginning.
- A man throws a knife into another man's stomach and he dies.
- The scenes are shown in quick cuts, containing little detail of blood and injury, and do not focus on the pain or suffering of the victims.
- 11 uses of 'damn' (5 paired with 'God'), 7 uses of 'shit', 7 uses of 'bitch', 6 uses of 'hell', 2 uses of 'ass', 1 use of 'piss', 1 use of "Good Lord", and 1 use of "Jesus Wept".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters are frequently shown smoking. Characters are also shown drinking and while it's slightly implied that one character is an alcoholic, they are not shown to be drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The final battle scene goes on for roughly 30-35 minutes and stands as the film's third act. Although minor blood and detail, the raw atmosphere through sound and visual immersion of the action is what makes it really intense, almost similar to 13 Assassins's 45 minute battle but not as bad.
Violence & Gore
- During the final battle sequence, two Indians fight with machetes in the upper level of a saloon, and one slices the other twice (non-graphically), and flips him onto the ground and fatally stabs him, before kicking him over the balcony where he lands on a table below.
- A man holds another man and threatens him, and a woman shoots the man being held and he dies.
- Faraday gets shot around 5 times in the final battle. he falls off his horse and pretends to ask one of Bogue's men to light his cigar. It turns out to be a stick of dynamite and he, and Bogue's men get blown up