The Sacrament (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated R for disturbing violent content including bloody images, language and brief drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- It is implied that a man has a threesome with two women whom he doesn't know
- One woman is implied to be the Fathers mistress, but not explicitly shown.
Violence & Gore
- The main theme of this movie is essentially Jonestown being presented to a 2010s audience. Man brainwashes people through the Christian faith and moves them to a remote jungle called "Eden Parish" "Outsiders" come to visit for a online blog and are essentially told that they cannot leave and when the group members start to revolt and try to leave with the bloggers the Father forces/coerces them to a mass suicide by drinking Kool Aid. Those who do not are shot on sight. Viewers should know that while the film doesn't say "based on true events" it actually is and those who are old enough to remember may find that disturbibg. See below for details.
- the bloggers do use sprinklings of graphic language including the F word a few times throughout especially towards the end when they witness the suicide and murder.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is discussion of drug and alcohol addiction as the Eden Pariah started to grow out of what was a Sober Living group
- A man snorts cocaine and a women appears to be under the influences of alcohol and or unspecified drugs even though she is a recovering addict.
- Group members drink poison both voluntarily and involuntarily because they are held at gunpoint.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The entire movie is based on Jonestown, and the final part of the movie shows people willingly and unwillingly drinking "the potion" which is poison. Babies are forced to take it by syringes which can really upset some viewers. Those who don't drink are killed by armed guards A women kills her brother by injecting him herself then she sets herself on fire and burns to death. Also a really tough scene where a security guard is coming towards the house to kill a mother and daughter. The women cuts her own daughter and then is shot by the security guard.