Down a Dark Hall (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for mature thematic content, terror and violence, some language including a sexual reference, and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- The students are attracted to their male teacher (one girl says "I would bone him" after he plays the piano); at one point, the teacher holds a teenage student's hand on her lap and they nearly kiss, but are interrupted.
- Female teenage students all have white uniformed shirts which are tight-fitted and figure-hugging.
Violence & Gore
- High body count. One suicide. Several people die in a fire, and one person is shown burning to death. Jump-worthy scenes of ghosts/possessed people screaming. Someone is crushed to death. Young women seem to be possessed and act like they're out of control of their bodies. A character slaps and slaps another character to revive her. An older woman pushes and hurts students to discipline them. Fights between the girls are broken up.
- A hall monitor-type lady pulls a student and violently pushes her head against a wall after an altercation has taken place.
- Self-harm shown as a teenager cuts her arms and blood shown, along with wounds. A teenager commits suicide by jumping out of a window.
- Teen expresses that she may smother another teen in her sleep. Teen explains that she grabbed a knife and stabbed an abusive man in the chest.
- A few uses of the word shit like bullshit.
- The profanities used here were those mostly said by teenagers, but some said by adults in the presence of a teenager: "Effin" and "Frickin" uttered, 6 S-words e.g. BS, Holy S etc., 2 B-words, 1 religious exclamation, "douche," "bone him," student paints a hand with a middle finger and 1 Hell.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some instances of teenage students smoking.