All I Need (2016) Poster

(2016)

Got to the point it was boring
l_belcher1 January 2017
I've seen a lot of low budget attempts at horror films in my life and sometimes they're a secret gem and sometimes they're just not. This film is definitely in the not category.

The first 5 minutes of the movie showed some potential at least, but then you cut to the random man walking being followed by a weird polish guy and you have no idea what relevance it has to the girls in their miraculously matching underwear in this room.

Even Come the end of this film I wasn't 100% sure what that whole side plot was about, why did the lady want to keep all the girls in a shed in her garden? For youth? I mean, no!

And don't even get me started on how annoying our "hero" was. She whimpered and winged her way through the whole movie to the point I didn't care if she made it. Along with that annoying girl who couldn't find the energy to stand even though the killer was taking a very long time to squeeze his way through the door I've never know a bunch of hostages I was least excited about, did I mention they all had matching underwear? Who wears matching underwear these day?!

Oh and don't even get me started on the way she managed to defeat the masked man! Anticlimactic to the end this movie.
24 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you like movies where the victims are dumb as hell, this is the movie for you
yonas5487 February 2017
I wont go into detail of the movie but we all know some of the movies where you sit and yell at your screen.

"Get f*** moving idiot, the killer is right behind you!"

Well if you enjoy stuff like that, this movie will be right up your ally, not only is this movie insanely boring at most times, it might also feature some of the dumbest characters and some of the most outrageous stupid logic I have ever seen in a movie...

You might as well go watch Sharknado. The creator might not believe this himself, but this movie is just as unbelievable and illogical as a tornado full of sharks attacking people while flying over cities in a tornado...
25 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Frustrating, yes. Entertaining, no.
SoylentNoMore8 February 2017
There is only one question I ask myself after watching a movie and that is "Was I entertained?". In the case of this movie I was not.

So, is the movie well made technically? I would say yes. There are some nice shots, interesting camera angles, blah blah blah. Does anyone really care about technical details if the story, acting, plot are all awful?

You don't need me to tell you why I personally disliked this movie. All you need to know is that after sitting through it I felt a sudden urge to try and prevent others from the same poor experience. I sacrificed over 85 minutes of my own life to bring you this review. Please don't let it be in vain.

Please note that my 1 out of 10 vote is based solely on entertainment value and does not consider what I feel to be less vital details such as production values, camera work, sound track, etc. After all, the best prepared turd sandwich in the world is still a turd sandwich.
21 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Needs And Wants
shawnblackman8 February 2017
A few girls wake up in a room dressed only in their undergarments with their hands tied. Someone then comes in looking like one of the killers from the Hostel series, then grabs a girl pulling her out of the room to what sounds like her being cut up. Another side story has a father who can't find work and pay his child support, taking a job from a mysterious man on the phone. The money is good so he continues doing random jobs which start increasing in difficulty. The two tales find a way to fuse together by the end I did like the quality of the picture and the score they used was pretty cool but the rest of the film did irk me. This is one of those films where everybody does the wrong thing and when they finally do something it doesn't make sense. In one scene a girl is crawling through the ducts in the ceiling. The killer is underneath her and jams a pitchfork through the duct and into her leg. She then holds her hand over her mouth so as not to scream. I think the killer is going to see the blood on the pitchfork and maybe even the blood dripping down from the duct but that doesn't happen. She does get pierced again in her shoulder and then she jams her fingers all the way into the wound and covers her mouth again. Yes I would apply pressure but I don't know about sticking my fingers all the way into the wound.

They do have long drawn out scenes which get on your nerves after a bit. I don't think any acting awards are going to be handed out for this one either. I did give it two and a half stars because of the way it ended. It was sorted of twisted and happy at the same time.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A near miss.
Random43919 July 2017
The premise is good: a girl wakes up, tied up in a room full of other girls who have also been kidnapped. She's the only one who's conscious, and a killer is dragging them off to die one by one.

But then the movie tangents into some guy and his problems, and although the two stories ultimately merge together after jumping from one to the other, his entire tale is slow-moving enough to sap the energy out of this film almost entirely.

Meanwhile, our heroine is the kind of person who does some smart things... but who fails to think of so many obvious ways to try to help herself that the bad writing kills any sense that she's actually intelligent.

Also, the film-makers seem to have such a lack of understanding of basic physics (not to mention how ventilation shafts work), that it kills a lot of the suspense that they're trying to build, putting a final nail into the coffin of this movie.

While there are some decent moments, I would not watch this film again, and I'd really like to have back the time that I invested in it. If you're bored, and not looking for anything really good, give this one a go... but only if there's nothing else on.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible – Does not Worth to Waste Time Watching
claudio_carvalho19 February 2017
I group of tied and gagged half-naked young women are locked in a room. One of them tries desperately to escape, while the others are brutally murdered by a killer. Meanwhile the loser Andrew (Markus Taylor), who expects to give a better life to his teenage daughter, is hired by the wealthy Elizabeth (Holly Twyford) to perform a weird assignment.

"All I Need" is a terrible film – one of those that does not worth to waste time watching. There is no story, only stupidities. I would be afraid of a viewer that writes that liked this film, unless the review is fake to promote this garbage. My vote is three.

Title (Brazil): Not available
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wake In Fear
a_baron14 February 2017
This had the makings of a good film but it misses in so many ways. It has a slightly unusual format being two stories that are supposed to overlap but never quite do, at least not until after it ends, and then only maybe.

Strand one is a typical horror motif: attractive young girls kidnapped and murdered at leisure; most red-blooded males can think of better things to do with them, but the anonymous character who is doing this, is only a servant. Then there is Andrew, he is recruited by a voice on the phone to simply deliver innocuous packages for premium rates. When his mysterious benefactor decides he can be trusted, he is invited to meet the boss, who happens to be a woman. And if he is up for it, Andrew's remuneration is about to go through the roof.

Meanwhile, the dude who has kidnapped the attractive young women is killing them one by one purposefully, until one damsel gets the better of him, and he is toast. Next we switch back to Andrew, and all you need to know is he is a replacement for the deceased bad guy, and that the woman who wants to shower him with riches in return for his services is named Elizabeth, at least that is her Anglicised name.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Totally worth it
ajith-v-m19 December 2016
I had two minds to watch this movie. Thought it might be some low level thriller with shaky camera and stupid sound but I was totally wrong. Don't go much with the story line, just watch it as a thriller and you won't be disappointed. Keep me to the edge of my seat till the very end. Brilliant camera angles, I was twitching and biting my nails at so many scenes. The actors did a great job. I was also impressed with the dialogues, kept me curious. You won't hear any unnecessary loud sounds to make the effects fake but you will certainly have a heart pounding experience just by the camera angles and the action.

This is not a movie for gore lovers or extreme SAW action but more like a 'Hush' thriller with some torture elements. I give it a 8/10 and would recommend this movie to everyone.
12 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You've seen this one before
Leofwine_draca31 July 2018
WAKE IN FEAR is another low-budget horror feature that revolves around young nubile women being captured and chained up by a pervert. There's literally no more plot to the film than that; the entire running time consists of one of the girls attempting to escape from her captor to limited effect. This is a slow, drawn-out and repetitive movie that resorts to padding with an extensive and mundane sub-plot involving the maniac's daily life which really needed excising. I do like Caitlin Stasey and remember her from her NEIGHBOURS days; she's not bad as the lead but the rest of the film is fairly pitiful.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mercilessly slow
savannahlynnhill30 March 2018
The actresses were conventionally attractive and wearing very little. The violence felt a little like Hostel I suppose, which I enjoyed. It is a stylish movie at times, which I also liked. From the opening (more than 45 seconds of black screen) and on, the whole movie could be condensed into a few minutes, but every movement is drawn out for several actual minutes. However, the main protagonist male character's scenes are set at an almost normal pace and are halfway entertaining because his story is mysterious. He's been given a back story (father who wants to see his daughter, but is having a hard time making child support payments), he's a normal person with human responses to strange things happening to him. He even reads a book at one point. Whenever the movie returns to the female character, the movie comes to a grinding halt and slows down to a snail's pace because her reactions and motions aren't realistic in any way (unless she has brain damage). Poor writing for the females, it's clear they're just included for the eye candy. Though the plot description makes it seem as if the main male and main female characters meet right away, they don't actually connect. Completely misleading, and I wouldn't have watched it if I'd known that from the start.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Much better than expected.
sssnaky-856-78286110 February 2017
To be honest, I did not expect much from this movie. It does have its flaws but for the most part is pretty great.

The story is very simple but has you guessing from start to finish. Even if you think you have it figured out you are still expecting to be wrong at the end. But the story is not that important. The point of the movie is to put you on edge and on that it really does. If you want gore than this is not the movie for you but if you want suspense and anguish than this is it. The horror is not in the monster/slasher/alien/etc but in the situation.

The acting was great on the main girl but the rest of the cast leaves a little to be desire. Not bad but a little bit off. The camera work was good with a few shot that were so great.

In conclusion, I would say that this is well worth the watch and 1h20ish min was perfect for this movie.

Enjoy
4 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Low-budget Thriller High on Suspense
Taut. Suspenseful. Fun. Well shot. I dig low-budget thrillers, and this one came with a shovel. A few scenes reminded me of Blood Simple in terms of suspense and gimmickry, which is high praise. Is it a perfect film? No. Does it make me anxious to see what this filmmaker does next? Absolutely!
3 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can I trust you?
nogodnomasters5 August 2017
The film runs with a plot and subplot. Young women scantily clad are tied up in a room. The film focuses on one of the victims (Caitlin Stasey) in her effort to get free. The subplot concerns Andrew (Markus Taylor) divorced and behind on his child support. The two subplots come together near the end as this turns out to be a plot not too unfamiliar.

The director did a heck of a job to take a 40 minute film and turn it into 85 minutes. The opening scene of emerging from darkness, the disoriented angle in order to give us the feeling of the victim was subtle and effective. Likewise we see Andrew through the back of a chair, making him look imprisoned in his life. I must say Dylan K. Narang's direction was spot on in framing a scene. The door scene was ridiculously long. We knew where Andrew was going to end up. The reasoning was a bit different, combing two different horror genres, both that had been done before.

Guide: No sex or nudity. No swearing as I recall.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A young woman wakes up bound and gagged in a mysterious bedroom among other unconscious females and must find a way to escape her captor.
christiechaplin25 February 2017
This is one of my favorite horror movies! Caitlin Stasey gives an incredible performance as the strong female lead. This film separates itself from most horror movies because it does not need to rely on jump scares to be frightening. The extended scenes keeps us on our toes and draws us in more so than the average film. I highly recommend to anyone who loves thrill and suspense!
2 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.