Need for Speed (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of reckless street racing, disturbing crash scenes, nudity and crude language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man quits his office job by taking his clothes off, we see him from behind for an extended period of time, and he walks into an elevator where an older woman looks down (presumably at his genitals). Genitals are never shown, but his buttocks are shown throughout the scene. (Brief nudity)
Violence & Gore
- Many disturbing violent crash scenes.
- When Tobey goes the wrong way on a freeway, the results are predictably destructive. Dino purposefully bumps Petey's car, sending it flipping into the air. Many rolls later and on fire, it flies off a bridge, then explodes. Tobey clips a homeless man's grocery cart, destroying it (and prompting jokes about it).
- One cataclysmic street skirmish, this time with police in Detroit, gets filmed and uploaded to YouTube. The reward for all the recklessness? Monarch sees the clip and welcomes Tobey to participate in the DeLeon.
- Thugs try to force Tobey and Julia off the road, using shotgun blasts to "persuade" them. Several of those attackers, not surprisingly, end up dying in explosive crashes. A crash in California flips the car Tobey and Julia are in, bloodying both of them and landing Julia in the hospital with a broken arm and concussion. Tobey ties a chain to a policeman's car, ripping off the rear axle of the vehicle when he tries to pursue.
- The DeLeon race obliterates five of the six cars participating in it, along with numerous pursuing police cars. Several of the crashes involving the police are quite serious, and we hear radio calls for aid for the injured officers.
- After dragging Dino from the burning wreckage of his flipped Lamborghini, Tobey makes sure he's OK then punches him in the face.
- 7 uses of shit, 5 uses of bitch, and other mild language
- 2 uses of the middle finger.
- The racers call each other crude names occasionally (douchebag, shitsack etc)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Empty beer bottles sit in Tobey's shop. We see folks drinking wine and champagne.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The characters are usually in peril and some die
- Almost every car crash in the film is intense and/or disturbing.