A Private War (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated R for disturbing violent images, language throughout, and brief sexuality/nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman is seen fully nude from the front and back, then steps into a bathtub with Tucci, presumably before sex.
- Colvin has sex with a man in a bedroom, both in silhouette.
- In a scene a female stands fully naked in front of a mirror with breasts and pubic area fully visible, and then she proceeds to enter the bath tub while slightly bending. her genitals are not visible due to shadows and lighting.
Violence & Gore
- There are scenes of modern war violence which include airstrikes, bombings and shootings, resulting in bloody injury detail.
- A disturbing scene shows a mass grave being dug up in Iraq. There is sight of skeletons being lifted out of the grave.
- Soldiers relate how a thousand civilian were raped in Libya after one uprising.
- There is use of strong language ('f**k'), as well as milder terms including 'bloody', 'shit', 'God', 'Jesus', 'Christ', 'God', 'pussy' and 'arse'. There is also use of the rude middle finger gesture.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- References to alcoholism and substance misuse. Several characters smoke cigarettes.
- Colvin smokes cigarettes in many scenes, including while working and after sex.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The journalists are detained by Iraqis at a checkpoint.
- Iraqi women grieve when a mass grave is dug up.
- Colvin has graphic flashbacks to modern war violence, perhaps showing PTSD.
- Colvin sits on a high building ledge when recovering from a tough battle.
- Colvin is embedded during several realistic battle scenes.
- Several graphic scenes in war hospitals.
Violence & Gore
- At the end of the movie, Paul, Marie, and Remi start to leave the building. A bomb hits the ground and knocks the three to the ground. Another explosion happens that kills both Marie and Remi. Paul crawls besides Marie and lays there.