Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 38 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some drug content and brief strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and a woman are shown in bed together; he is shirtless while she wears a tank top with bared arms and shoulders, showing a bit of cleavage and we can see that she is not wearing a bra (nipples do not show).
- A woman lying on a blanket outside kisses a man lying next to her and they both say, "I love you" and several quick scenes in a montage show the couple wrapped in blankets in a chair, kissing.
- In a TV commercial a woman wearing a tank top and short track shorts runs and has a bouncing bosom.
- A poster on an office wall features a woman wearing a bikini that shows cleavage.
- In a bedroom scene a woman is covered with a quilt and a man lying beside her is shirtless.
- A man is seen shirtless and wearing jeans while lying in the grass.
- A man returns from a trip to see his girlfriend in his house dancing with another man; later, she tells the first man that she's pregnant, and that it is not his, but the second man's; the man yells loudly, "Get out of my house! Now!" and the woman cries (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).
- A man plays a recorded joke: what is long and hard that a Polish bride gets on her wedding night? The answer is a new name.
Violence & Gore
- A man violently smashes a telephone with its earpiece.
- A man ejects his girlfriend from his house (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details) and then throws her purse across a bedroom, hitting a wall and he cries alone, hysterically.
- A man's best friend at work quits the company and both men cry briefly.
- A man drives over the speed limit continually, day and night; in one night scene, he screams in anger as he drives; in a daytime scene, he shouts at other drivers to hurry up and get out of the way and argues briefly with a passenger in his car.
- A man shouts at coworkers for not thinking creatively and for giving up too easily; his boss berates him, but gives him an independent project to keep him away from other people.
- In a garage set up for a computer lab, a man shouts at coworkers, saying they need to produce more with their work, because he is overworked and no one else cares; several more short arguments take place over a few weeks.
- A man shouts loudly at his employees in three scenes and fires one man off the work floor; people stare at him as if afraid of him.
- A younger man argues with an older computer store owner about the worth of a computer motherboard; both men become louder until a third man intervenes with an acceptable compromise.
- Board members argue with a founding CEO and fire him from the CEO position and they then fire him from the company, because his projects cost too much money.
- A man lies in the grass at home and screams in anger.
- A man is so angry that his hands shake in several scenes and twice he stares at himself in a mirror until he calms down.
- Shouting loudly, the head of a computer company calls the head of another computer company and tells the second man, still shouting, that he will sue him for stealing software; the first man hangs up so loudly that the phone breaks; later, the first man takes out a full-page ad in the "Wall Street Journal" denigrating the second man's company and products.
- A company founder argues several times with board members and the CEO, shouting and cursing; after the board fires the first man, they lose revenue and stockholders argue amongst themselves loudly; they fire the CEO, the founder returns as CEO and he forces the other board members to resign, including long-time friends causing arguments.
- About 3 F-words, 13 scatological terms, 8 anatomical terms, 12 mild obscenities and 4 religious exclamations (e.g. Jesus, Jeez and God knows what).
- Stereotypical references to inventors, computer geeks, loners, business people, college students, parents, man, women and recreational drug users and exclamations (shut-up.)
- Name-calling (stupid, idiot, junk, freaks, Manson Family, overweight, lunatic, joke, court jester, over-bloated disaster and psychopathic criminal.)
- 3 F-Words
- The first f-word is used by Josh Gad: After he's done giving a presentation, he lifts his computer off the table and whispers f***. You can hardly hear it.
- The second f-word was used by JK. Simmons: (He is trying to start a war with I.B.Fucking.M!)
- The third f-word was used by Ashton Kutcher: (you could either get on board, or you can get the fuck out!)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman gives a man some LSD dots and we see the woman and two men lying on their backs on a blanket while staring at the sky and speaking about beauty in the trees and sun (we see blurred images of the sun from their point of view.)
- An intoxicated man wanders into a field of tall grasses where he twirls and lies on his back.
- We see men and women dancing while smoking marijuana.
- Men and women drink glasses of champagne at a company headquarters celebration.
- A man drinks a bottle of beer alone in an office conference room.
- A few men and women drink wine with lunch at a restaurant.
- Men and women drink wine and beer as well as cocktails at a banquet.
- Men and women smoke cigarettes in several scenes and in several places including a garage, on streets, at parties, in an office, at home in a living room, in restaurants, and in a classroom and in a computer lab.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Steve yelling all the time can be considered intense. He gets in numerous fights with people.
- F-words and S-words are either removed,overdubbed/replaced,or muted in some TV airings.