Snatched (2017) Poster

(2017)

Why the low ratings and bad reviews?! It is funny!
gpride20094 August 2017
I really do not understand the extremely low ratings and bad reviews. It is a funny movie with really good cast. I do not laugh easily, but this movie made me laugh out loud several times. Moreover, there was not a dull minute in it. Every scene is either funny or action packed.

Some of the reasons behind the bad reviews are utterly ridiculous. Therefore, I am no longer choosing what I am going to watch based on IMDb reviews.

Finally, I want to add that I do not write reviews often, but after watching this movie and seeing the ridiculous comments and rating, I could not resist. If you want an hour and a half of fun, watch this movie.
36 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Big Question
francozeff17 May 2017
I just couldn't believe it. Amy Schumer, the comedian of the moment and iconic Goldie Hawn decide to make a movie together, wow! But this is the best they could come up with? So depressing. Have they heard of Preston Sturges, Billy Wilder. No of course not. Goldie Hawn must know. She was in "Overboard" and in that original, witty and phenomenal comedy with Meryl Streep "Death Becomes Her" She was with Ingrid Bergman and Walter Matthau in "Cactus Flower". My point is, she must have known, reading the script that this was going to be offensive to an audience who loves her. There is nothing to recommend here but lots to reprimand.
124 out of 172 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's just funny movie.
uyame-0169418 August 2017
I was laughing a lot during this movie. I think all this people saying is disgusting just didn't get the jokes. They just hate Schumer and her harsh humour. Maybe for some people, mostly men is too much when girl behave like a man. She didn't even do anything so bad, but for most of people, woman shouldn't do this kind of stuff. Schumer is not for sure next one cute, funny girl with a little quarrelsome character, like in most comedy movies. I think is hilarious to show this perspective of a woman. Similar hating comments you can see about this TV-show girls, also there is a character like Schumer. It's comedy and if someone don't like that kind of low class jokes, then shoundn't watch this movie.
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth your money
nullcreations11 May 2017
It's really unfortunate that Goldie Hawn was in this movie, because she's genuinely capable of doing great work.

Schumer on the other hand has never really been funny, and has been recycling the same tired vagina jokes for what seems to be an eternity.

The mother-daughter duo have horrible writing, it's difficult to really relate to them (which is a problem with a lot of Schumer's stand-up - she says a lot of unrelatable things) and I had a very hard time liking or even finding the characters interesting.

At some point Hollywood is going to realise that the quickest way to kill a movie is to include Schumer, who is rapidly becoming a poison pill in the industry.

That time can't come fast enough.
318 out of 471 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really sad
bears195012 May 2017
Feel so sorry for Goldie she is such a good actress & to be in such a boring movie is just sad. She waited 15 years to make a movie, I think she should have waited a little longer. The attempt at humor was pathetic & strained. I sure wish I hadn't wasted my money on this. First time I have seen this many people leave a theater before the movie was done.
190 out of 282 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plenty of laughs throughout
jkwright-202-92931610 September 2017
This film was written by a woman and stars two women-- kudos, we need more! While the jokes are variations on old sophomoric themes, they are spun freshly enough, and at times impressively original, to have kept me laughing throughout!! This movie is a great way to pass a lazy afternoon with some snacks. Don't be a film critic; relax, enjoy, have fun with it. It's very funny!
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AWFUL! ...just AWFUL!!!
baltmikeb12 May 2017
Tired, Lazy, Racist, Ill-Cast, Do not waste your time or money on this total waste of celluloid! The story is awful, the acting is awful, the action is tired and the direction leaves something to be desired. As a barometer of success for this film, the theater was just about empty and if not for my girlfriend, I wouldn't have been there either. Wait for it to hit TV and then watch the Animal Planet Channel!
173 out of 259 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
terrible movie
tiberiusaensland10 May 2017
Honestly this movie was hard to watch. Amy Schumer really declined. It's so sad to see once great comedians lose their ability to make us laugh.

Very boring and cringy movie. Save yourself the ten dollars and don't watch this movie.
253 out of 386 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable
All I can say is my buddy works at a movie theater, and with free access to this film, I still felt like I lost something. 10 min in one can accurately see what is coming the rest of time. Predictable, forced, recycled content hour in a half harsh language vagina-humor. I tried to give it a chance because I grew up watching Goldie, but if it wasn't a free viewing I may have tried to swap tickets and see something else.
172 out of 259 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very funny comedy with poignant moments
letyourstarshine23 August 2017
Wow, I'm really surprised at all the negative reviews. I thought this movie was very entertaining. I laughed out loud more than once. Amy Schumer yet again keeps it real for the ladies. She is not afraid to go there and that's one of the things I love most about her. A lot of the humor was raunchy but that's right up my alley. If that's not your thing, don't go see her movies. I don't understand why people rag on her because of that. It's like why are they going to see her movies to begin with if they're offended by her humor in general. There was one scene between her and Goldie Hawn that brought a tear to my eye. Great supporting characters including Cusack and Meloni. Sure you have to suspend disbelief for some scenes but I don't think the movie was trying to be realistic or factual. The fact is this was a funny movie with women kicking ass. I loved it and am sure I'll watch it again sometime.
39 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad. Very bad.
tpaladino11 May 2017
Arguably the worst movie I've seen in a very long time.

I got free passes to check out this movie at a pre-screening, without knowing what it was or who was in it. As soon as I saw Amy Schumer I knew I was in for a bad time. She's done some okay stuff in the past but the last year or so has been a total nosedive for her, and I honestly can't even look at her anymore. Between her political rants and her in-your-face tryhard attention-seeking antics, she's just done as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I did try to give the film a fair shake despite all this, and I have to say that Schumer isn't even the problem. You can replace her with nearly anyone else and the movie will still be awful. Mind you, it's extra awful because of her, but she's not solely responsible for it's failure.

The writing was poor, the entire plot was contrived, and there was really nothing that held my interest overall. It was nice to see Goldie Hawn on the screen again, so if I was forced to say something nice that would have to be it.

Avoid at all costs. Not worth it, even if the tickets are free.
217 out of 331 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I never knew what it felt like to be this depressed
cdhspamtest12 May 2017
I never knew what it felt like to be on the verge on suicide when leaving a screener. Not one laugh was muddled from the entire viewing audience, only sounds of disgust, and shocking awe from how poorly this movie was executed. It is quite literally was 1.5 hours of my life that was truly, and entirely wasted. I will never get that previous time back. When i'm on my death bed, the one regret i will have is seeing this movie.
191 out of 290 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good as any if any
mhgarney18 August 2017
I'm not sure why so many low ratings. I would say it's better than a lot of other comedies out there. I thought it maybe on par or less with The Hangover. Goldie was great and nice to see her again enjoying herself. I felt there was nice chemistry between both Goldie and Amy. Good work Gals!
24 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
time you cant get back
sailandcycle12 May 2017
I still love Goldie but all through the movie I just kept wondering how that Amy chick gets cast in anything other than an extra on the walking dead. This review has to be at least 5 lines so to recap, I thought the movie could have been OK with a better choice of actresses, I wouldn't have even gone without free tickets.
155 out of 235 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Honest Review
trublu21511 May 2017
First off, the reviews (if you can call them that) here are ridiculously biased and definitely come from a place of pure disdain for Amy Schumer. While I do feel the critiques of her are warranted to an extent, I also feel that the film is not going to get a fair shake. So here is my attempt at giving Snatched a fair review. First off, I saw this last night at a preview screening and I'd be lying if I said I didn't chuckle a couple times. I did. Goldie Hawn being back on screen is awesome to see and to see her doing comedy again was a huge selling point. However, despite a few chuckles and me being enamored with Hawn's return to the silver screen, Snatched is simply a dismal film. It isn't just because of Amy Schumer that this film is bad, it is a joint effort by all parties including Goldie Hawn.

The film begins in slapstick fashion by introducing us to Schumer and Hawn's mother- daughter team. I'm not gonna lie, the two have some serious chemistry in their respected roles. The only problem is that Schumer & Co. rely on gross out humor and even lift some jokes from certain cult comedies to make their film work. The script is barely there and hopes that Schumer can fill in the gaps with stupid jokes rather than some on-the-surface character development. Instead, the film brushes through topics ranging from promiscuous sex to human trafficking to the power of a mother-daughter bond. These are all topics that could carry a film and at every chance the film gets, it fails to capitalize on any of those themes.

In between vaginal jokes and gags from Schumer and some scenes of pretty hardcore violence for a comedy, there is barely anything to make us want these characters to succeed other than they are mother and daughter. While I can't exactly relate to that relationship, I can tell the filmmakers were hoping that that familiar bond would be enough to carry the film. Guess what, it's not. They're poorly written characters, which is a shame because Schumer and Hawn do make quite the dynamic duo and when it works, it works. The big problem here is that it works far too little and there is far too much wrong with the film overall to really recommend it.
226 out of 355 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Movie Ever
a-2212112 May 2017
I want my money back! Lasting only 30 minutes into the "movie" I left after being blasted with poor acting, over the top reactions, woeful script but worst of all AMY SCHUMER. This comedian, actor is irrelevant, puerile and really not funny. It was excruciating to watch and I felt embarrassed for her. Do not see...
83 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow! How bad can a movie be?
ahoricesesdyk13 May 2017
The jokes are just bad, the acting is worse. I didn't stay past the middle.

I think this is the last chance I give Amy Schumer.

As for Goldie, her face is just impossible to look at for very long. She should sue her plastic surgeon.
68 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Totally Awful
timbacho13 May 2017
Save your time and money. It's sad that Goldie Hawn got drug into this mess. I always liked her but this movie was awful. Amy Schumer should never be given another acting job in her life.I sure hope the studio fires whoever thought putting her in a movie was a great idea. I wish IMDb allowed negative numbers, because this movie deserves one!
70 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Equality Does Not Mean Striving For the Sewer
mattsewellisqueer11 May 2017
And here we go again...

As a feminist accidentally born with testicles, I am always hopeful when Hollywood attempts to package movies designed for women. As we know, 99 percent of all Hollywood product is aimed at sexually confused 19 year old males. Give Hollywood some credit--in recent years, they've really tried to introduce diversity to their slate of films and that, of course, means movies produced by and for women.

Here's the problem:

Equality does not mean imitating the worst behavior of the worst men. Hollywood seems to think (and has done a great job of convincing a lot of women) that replacing penis jokes with vagina jokes represents some radical evolution in filmmaking. It doesn't. Hollywood has been trying to make Animal House with a female cast for some time and they don't even understand what made Animal House an enduring film. There is, ultimately, a camaraderie amongst the men of the Delta house which allows them to come together at the end of the film and battle the forces of conformity.

Snatched pretends there's warmth between the mother-daughter pairing of Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn, but it never feels genuine. This is what has sunk the whole slew of "women behaving badly" movies that started, I believe, with Bridesmaids and has continued through the Ghostbusters reboot and Bad Moms (I'm sure there are a few other, but they slip my mind at the moment).

This is a bit of a tragedy. When Amy Schumer's career began, she was very funny and, in some ways, very radical. She's given in, however, to the pressure to be vulgar for the sake of vulgarity. This is not an attractive trait in any self-respecting woman. It's no different than women solving problems with guns and other phallic symbols in an action movie, as opposed to solving problems with their minds.

This movie will make you yearn for the 30s and 40s, when women in Hollywood were respected and were given roles in films about women negotiating life in an intelligent, realistic manner.

If Hollywood cannot do better than this, the women's movement is doomed.
164 out of 274 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Woefully surprised
tommanning-5747414 May 2017
So I was preparing to present this movie with a half star review, however I was technically limited to one star due to the IMDb system, thus I have effectively overrated it.

It is time to stop forcing narratives on the masses, and to make use of people who can actually act. Amy Schumer looked completely outclassed next to Goldie Hawn... So badly so, that I jumped up outraged every time she spoke, wondering if an extra had attempted to steal the stars lines. I cant think of a single moment, where her acting convinced me anymore so than the effectiveness of when my two year old daughter tries to convince me she is genuinely spider man.

Save the planet, save humanity, avoid this movie.
54 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch
macasoft12 May 2017
Just one question that says all: where is the bottom Ms. Schumer? I actually demanded the movie theater crew after 30 min watching it for a refund. That was their and actually my first time. Never done that in my life. My wife likes her, so we went, but she wanted to leave before I. This is not a movie. It is trash. Category C or D... Hope they will not spend any energy to put it on DVD. Please don't support the crew or her by watching it. You will regret. Spend that money on bowling, snooker or air hockey. Much more fun.
81 out of 131 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Without Joan Cusack it would have been even worse.
tarafdavis16 May 2017
A nagging mother and her nasty, farting, over weight daughter - who was recently dumped by her rocker boyfriend (understandably so), go on a vacation to Ecuador and get taken by a drug lord/kingpin. And then escape into the Amazon jungle. Yep, that about sums it up. Amy Schumer is done.
56 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad..
tuanhvu10 September 2017
It's not as bad as everyone's saying. I kinda like the slapstick raunchy humor and violence. The adventure in the jungle of South America reminds me of Romancing the Stone, without the romance. Just enough fun and adventure to make you forget your worries. I would say it's worth spending 90 minutes for a few good laughs.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad movie - but not (just) because of Schumer
danih-112 May 2017
There are/will be more people here who would argue this movie is getting bad reviews because people are biased towards Schumer. Don't listen to them. This is simply a bad movie, full stop. Utter drivel without any redeeming qualities. Honestly, I could be a bit more eloquent in this review but I realized by now it's not even worth the time - so I stop wasting bits on this right here. Don't waste your money (nor your time) on this.
73 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should have been released through Redbox
brezent116 May 2017
Plot was very thin and barely there. Daughter meets attractive world traveler and doesn't think twice about leaving the tourist compound in a sketchy country. Subplots were introduced and dropped like a rotten potato. Wondering if they actually paid the screen writers for this. If they did, they paid way too much.

Acting seemed to have been completely forgotten. Slapstick comedy was really shallow and there were several instances where the outcome was predictable.

The only redeeming quality in this movie was the scenery when you could barely see Amy. Makes me want to travel to where the jungle scenes were filmed.
43 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.